Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Add directory to path permanently Post 303024773 by Scott on Tuesday 16th of October 2018 01:35:18 PM
Old 10-16-2018
I don't see where you added /usr/bin/gatk-4.0.10.1 to your PATH in the .bashrc. I won't ask why it's in /usr/ and not /usr/local/, though Smilie
This User Gave Thanks to Scott For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

permanently add static route

I have a machine with an interface that has two different addresses on CentOS 5 eth0: 10.20.21.77 eth0:1 141.218.1.221 If I issue this command I get the result I'm looking for. /sbin/route add -net 141.218.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 gw 10.20.21.77 ip route show dev eth0 141.218.1.0/24... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beaker457
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Is there any way to add an exception for a port in the firewall setting, permanently?

Hello, I want to add a port in the firewall exception list so that my application can be accessed over network even if firewall is disabled. I am using iptables command to add exception. The problem is, after setting the rule if I change the firewall setting i.e. on/off then it is overwriting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senrooy
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve directory path from full file path through sh

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt which has contents in the form of full path file names i.e. $home> vi abcd.txt /a/b/c/r1.txt /q/w/e/r2.txt /z/x/c/r3.txt Now I want to retrieve only the directory path name for each row i.e /a/b/c/ /q/w/e/ How to get the same through shell script?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

add path variable permanently

Hi, I have added the path variable as below export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: burton
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add directory to a global PATH

Guys, I did a search on this but couldn't find any thing. I need to add /home/scadm/scripts to the PATH. If I do the below it works for the session I'm in. If I close it and reopen it doesnt work. PATH=$PATH\:/home/scadm/scripts ; export PATH I also want this path added to all the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: miltonrods
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting the path permanently using shell script

I'm trying to set the path permanently through a shell script. (/opt/quest/bin:/usr/bin/lab to /.profile.) I tired using echo option like below but it doesn't work. Please suggest me the right way to do so. echo "PATH=$PATH:/opt/quest/bin:/usr/bin/lab" >> /.profile (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjeedu2247
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't add directory to path correctly

Hello everyone I am a newcomer to UNIX and I have hit a snag in something that would probably take experienced people about 30 seconds. Long story short I am trying to add a directory to my PATH and it is getting added but not working. I mean, the object of adding it to the path is so I can access... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tastybrownies
2 Replies

8. Solaris

NFS with a NAS: permanently inconsistent directory state across clients

Hi, I am having some NFS directory consistency problems with the below setup on a local (192.) network: 1. Different permissions (chmod) for the same NFS dir are reflected on different clients. 2. (more serious) an NFS dir created on client1 cannot be accessed on client2; this applies to some... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmojetz
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Relative path to Absolute path, without changing directory to the file location.

Hello, I am creating a file with all the source folders included in my git branch, when i grep for the used source, i found source included as relative path instead of absolute path, how can convert relative path to absolute path without changing directory to that folder and using readlink -f ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

What is the difference ../directory path and ./directory path in ksh?

What is the difference ../directory path and ./directory path in ksh? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TestKing
1 Replies