Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Gobsmacked by ksh93 floating point arithmetic. Post 303024763 by bakunin on Tuesday 16th of October 2018 11:12:09 AM
Old 10-16-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasant
Bakunin, why not using logger to log ?
On first glance, looks like the script(s) should stay portable, perhaps a bit shorter.
First, i tried hard to make the whole thing as independent from it surroundings as possible. Up to now, the library has worked on Linux (SLES, RHEL, centOS, Fedora, OpenVZ), Solaris, HP-Ux, and AIX while being developed mainly on AIX. It also works on both ksh88 and ksh93 and the most part of it even on bash. Introducing logger as a prerequisite would hurt that goal.

Second: i am terminally lazy! When i started the library aobunt 20 years ago logging was one of the first things i implemented. Since it worked (and worked well, for my purposes) i never got around to change it.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

floating point problem

Hi all! Hi all! I am working with a problem to find the smallest floating point number that can be represented. I am going in a loop ,stating with an initial value of 1.0 and then diving it by 10 each time thru the loop. So the first time I am getting o.1 which I wanted.But from the next... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijlak
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rounding off the value of Floating point value

Hello, i have some variables say: x=1.4 y=3.7 I wish to round off these values to : x = 2 (after rounding off) y = 4 (after rounding off) I am stuck. Please help. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: damansingh
7 Replies

3. Linux

Floating Point Exception

Hi, I am compiling "HelloWorld" C progam on 32-bit CentOS and i want to execute it on 64-bit CentOS architecture. For that i copied the a.out file from 32-bit to 64-bit machine, but while executing a.out file on 64bit machine I am getting "Floating point exception error". But we can run... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mandar123
3 Replies

4. Programming

Floating point Emulator

what is floating point emulator(FPE)? where and why it is used? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pgmfourms
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to compare 2 floating point no.

Hi, Could any one tell me how to compare to floating point no. using test command. As -eq option works on only intergers. i=5.4 if then echo "equal" else echo "not equal" fi here output will be equal even though no. are unequal. Thanks, ravi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: useless79
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

floating point numbers in if

# if > then > echo "1" > else > echo "2" > fi -bash: How can i compare floating point numbers inside statement? (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arithmetic in floating point

is it not possible to simply di aritmetic without using bc or awk i have tried folllowing operatrions but they support only integer types plz suggest me code for floating using values stored in the variables.the ans i get is integer and if i input floating values i get error numeric constant... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumit the cool
6 Replies

8. Programming

Floating Point

Anyone help me i cant found the error of floating point if needed, i added the code complete #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <ctype.h> typedef struct { int hh; int mm; int ss; char nom; int punt; }cancion; typedef struct... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slasho
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

floating point arithmetic operation error

I am writing a script in zsh shell, it fetchs a number from a file using the awk command, store it as a variable, which in my case is a small number 0.62000. I want to change this number by multiplying it by 1000 to become 620.0 using the command in the script var2=$((var1*1000)) trouble is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: piynik
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

BC calculation for floating (invalid arithmetic operator )

Hi, I wish to compare the CPU LOAD 1 min with 5mins and 15mins. If 1 min's CPU LOAd spike 3% compare to 5 mins or 15 mins CPU Load, it is warning. If 1 min's CPU LOAd spike 5% compare to 5 mins or 15 mins CPU Load, it is critical. However I received following code error, I google it and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvintiow
10 Replies
logger::utils(n)					 Object Oriented logging facility					  logger::utils(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
logger::utils - Utilities for logger SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require logger::utils ?1.3? ::logger::utils::createFormatCmd formatString ::logger::utils::createLogProc -procName procName ?options...? ::logger::utils::applyAppender -appender appenderType ?options...? ::logger::utils::autoApplyAppender command command-string log op args... _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package adds template based appenders. ::logger::utils::createFormatCmd formatString This command translates formatString into an expandable command string. The following strings are the known substitutions (from log4perl) allowed to occur in the formatString: %c Category of the logging event %C Fully qualified name of logging event %d Current date in yyyy/MM/dd hh:mm:ss %H Hostname %m Message to be logged %M Method where logging event was issued %p Priority of logging event %P Pid of current process ::logger::utils::createLogProc -procName procName ?options...? This command ... -procName procName The name of the procedure to create. -conversionPattern pattern See ::logger::utils::createFormatCmd for the substitutions allowed in the pattern. -category category The category (service). -priority priority The priority (level). -outputChannel channel channel to output on (default stdout) ::logger::utils::applyAppender -appender appenderType ?options...? This command will create an appender for the specified logger services. If no service is specified then the appender will be added as the default appender for the specified levels. If no levels are specified, then all levels are assumed. -service loggerservices -serviceCmd loggerserviceCmds Name of the logger instance to modify. -serviceCmd takes as input the return of logger::init. -appender appenderType Type of the appender to use. One of console, colorConsole. -conversionPattern pattern See ::logger::utils::createFormatCmd for the format of the pattern. If this option is not provided the default pattern [%d] [%c] [%M] [%p] %m is used. -levels levelList The list of levels to apply this appender to. If not specified all levels are assumed. Example of usage: % set log [logger::init testLog] ::logger::tree::testLog % logger::utils::applyAppender -appender console -serviceCmd $log % ${log}::error "this is an error" [2005/08/22 10:14:13] [testLog] [global] [error] this is an error ::logger::utils::autoApplyAppender command command-string log op args... This command is designed to be added via trace leave to calls of logger::init. It will look at preconfigured state (via ::log- ger::utils::applyAppender) to autocreate appenders for newly created logger instances. It will return its argument log. Example of usage: logger::utils::applyAppender -appender console set log [logger::init applyAppender-3] ${log}::error "this is an error" BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category logger of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
appender, logger CATEGORY
Programming tools COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005 Aamer Akhter <aakhter@cisco.com> log 1.3 logger::utils(n)