Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux A little difficult: investigate Xenix and slattach problem Post 303024629 by Linusolaradm1 on Friday 12th of October 2018 08:58:48 PM
Old 10-12-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgt
Xenix only supports 11.3 file names. Maybe try renaming the file to iwannabe.mp3 before transferring.
Now i'm uploading file "pup.mp3"..no way.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modem problems on SCO Xenix

Randomly receive the following message: "Can not open line tty1a device busy error 16" and "/etc/getty/t60 tty1a" What is causing this error message ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jbartok
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Difficult Filtering Problem

Sir, I have a file containing say 1000 lines that contain 100 paragraphs of 10 lines each separated by blank lines.I have to match a pattern or a string "hdfhasdjkasdhs" and print the complete paragraphs containing these strings.I can do this with the help of line editor ex,but how can I use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Piyush
1 Replies

3. SCO

Problem with dinosaur's kernel - Xenix 386 2.3.4

After booting from the N1 floppy I see: kernel: WARNING: No floating point emulator found in /etc/emulator (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eugrus
0 Replies

4. SCO

Help! Playing with Xenix!

Hey everyone! I'm trying to retrieve old files from my Xenix computers. So the option I've now come down to is to load up a second harddrive and do a doscp of my tar'd backup file. Now, How do I go about this? I am not a unix user myself so I'm not quite sure. I need help! I have a VERY short... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Slaughter
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

adding additional drive to sco the is xenix

I am taking an old xenix drive and installing it in a recent SCO Build Server. I have gone through the process of running mkdev hd twice since the drive is a SCSI then proceed to run mkdev fs and when I attempt to add one of the shown partitions I get the following: fsck: cannot determine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justenglabs
1 Replies

6. SCO

Xenix Problems - No space on dev 1/40

Hello - I'm a newbie to these forums. Please excuse me if I am posting in the wrong area. My dilemma. The HD on our ancient Xenix system apparently is full. I receive the "no space on dev 1/40" prompt. This occurred after I attempted to purge some unwanted files. This system runs our small... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gmbrickley
1 Replies

7. SCO

SCO Xenix AR command ?

Hi I am looking for sco xenix ar command under sco unix. please help me ! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difficult problem with function declaration

Hello, I have a problem with the declaration of a function. This is how I declare the function : c:63: void foo(threadpool *tp,void (*func)(void*), (void*)arg); Inside main, I call it like this: main(){ .......... threadpool y; c:104: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garag11
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup Hard Disk Xenix System V

Hey all, At my work we have an installation that runs on a Xenix System V coupled with a PLC. Now I have to take a backup of the complete Hard Disk from the PC but have no idea how to manage this. Could someone help me and tell me which steps I have to take. Thanx. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sideshow bob
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difficult problem: Complex text file manipulation in bash script.

I don't know if this is a big issue or not, but I'm having difficulties. I apoligize for the upcoming essay :o. I'm writing a script, similar to a paint program that edits images, but in the form of ANSI block characters. The program so far is working. I managed to save the image into a file,... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinman47
14 Replies
tagmp3(1)							    User manual 							 tagmp3(1)

NAME
tagmp3 - manipulate ID3v1 tags SYNOPSIS
tagmp3 [ -n ] mode [ format ] [ file ] ... DESCRIPTION
tagmp3 allows you to set and remove ID3v1 tags from mp3 files. Additionaly move mode can be used to move mp3 files according to their ID3v1 tag. An ID3v1 tag is a chunk of extra informations such as artist name, album and genre. ID3v1 tags are displayed by most mp3 players. MODE
show show file's ID3v1 tag. set sets file's ID3v1 tag according to format. move move file to a destination based on FORMAT. del remove file's ID3v1 tag if any. list displays numeric music genres along with their meaning. -h print a (not so) short help message. -v print version and exit. OPTIONS
-n Show what will be done, don't alter any file. FORMAT STRING
The format string is a character string composed of zero or more directives: ordinary characters (not %), which are not interpreted and conversion specifications, each of which results in the corresponding ID3v1 tag field substitution. Each conversion specification is introduced by the character %. The following lines describes each conversion specification along with its associated ID3v1 field. Special sequence %% is substituted with a single %. %A Artist Name %a Album Name %t Song Title %T Track Number %y Year %g Genre %c Comments format string for set mode For set mode the format string is a list of ID3v1 fields followed by a ':' (next chars are the field value) or a '?' (ask user for field value) example: tagmp3 set "%A:Pink Floyd %a:The Wall %t? %T?" *.mp3 For each mp3 of this directory, sets the artist name to Pink Floyd and the album to The Wall. For each file ask for the title and the track number. Leave the other fields untouched. Be aware that genre field require a numeric value. Known genres can be dis- played with the list mode. format string for move mode The format string is the destination path where each field identifier is substituted with the tag value. example: tagmp3 move "/home/foo/mp3/%A/%a/%T-%t.mp3" *.mp3 with the set example above will move all mp3 to "/home/foo/mp3/Pink Floyd/The Wall/{track}-{title}.mp3" If you prefer the "flat" naming scheme, you will use something like tagmp3 move "%A-%t.mp3" *.mp3 NOTES
move mode never overwrite files. move mode creates intermediate directories specified in the format string. Each directory creation is to be confirmed by the user. ID3v2 tags are not supported so far. If a file can't be moved ( wrong file type, ID3v1 tag absent or blank field , ...) then it is left untouched. Fake mp3 (i.e. Wave file with .mp3 extension) are moved into "fake-mp3/" directory in move mode. set mode refuses to tag them since this would add noisy artifact at the end of the song. BUGS
Plenty of :) For move mode, source and destination must reside on the same file system / partition. AUTHOR
Laurent Alacoque <laureck@users.sourceforge.net> CopyLeft 2001 Bugs, patch, infos, new releases, girls, money go to : http://mpgtx.sourceforge.net/ Linux APRIL 2001 tagmp3(1)