Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux A little difficult: investigate Xenix and slattach problem Post 303024628 by jgt on Friday 12th of October 2018 08:48:56 PM
Old 10-12-2018
Xenix only supports 11.3 file names. Maybe try renaming the file to iwannabe.mp3 before transferring.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modem problems on SCO Xenix

Randomly receive the following message: "Can not open line tty1a device busy error 16" and "/etc/getty/t60 tty1a" What is causing this error message ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jbartok
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Difficult Filtering Problem

Sir, I have a file containing say 1000 lines that contain 100 paragraphs of 10 lines each separated by blank lines.I have to match a pattern or a string "hdfhasdjkasdhs" and print the complete paragraphs containing these strings.I can do this with the help of line editor ex,but how can I use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Piyush
1 Replies

3. SCO

Problem with dinosaur's kernel - Xenix 386 2.3.4

After booting from the N1 floppy I see: kernel: WARNING: No floating point emulator found in /etc/emulator (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eugrus
0 Replies

4. SCO

Help! Playing with Xenix!

Hey everyone! I'm trying to retrieve old files from my Xenix computers. So the option I've now come down to is to load up a second harddrive and do a doscp of my tar'd backup file. Now, How do I go about this? I am not a unix user myself so I'm not quite sure. I need help! I have a VERY short... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Slaughter
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

adding additional drive to sco the is xenix

I am taking an old xenix drive and installing it in a recent SCO Build Server. I have gone through the process of running mkdev hd twice since the drive is a SCSI then proceed to run mkdev fs and when I attempt to add one of the shown partitions I get the following: fsck: cannot determine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justenglabs
1 Replies

6. SCO

Xenix Problems - No space on dev 1/40

Hello - I'm a newbie to these forums. Please excuse me if I am posting in the wrong area. My dilemma. The HD on our ancient Xenix system apparently is full. I receive the "no space on dev 1/40" prompt. This occurred after I attempted to purge some unwanted files. This system runs our small... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gmbrickley
1 Replies

7. SCO

SCO Xenix AR command ?

Hi I am looking for sco xenix ar command under sco unix. please help me ! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difficult problem with function declaration

Hello, I have a problem with the declaration of a function. This is how I declare the function : c:63: void foo(threadpool *tp,void (*func)(void*), (void*)arg); Inside main, I call it like this: main(){ .......... threadpool y; c:104: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garag11
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup Hard Disk Xenix System V

Hey all, At my work we have an installation that runs on a Xenix System V coupled with a PLC. Now I have to take a backup of the complete Hard Disk from the PC but have no idea how to manage this. Could someone help me and tell me which steps I have to take. Thanx. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sideshow bob
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difficult problem: Complex text file manipulation in bash script.

I don't know if this is a big issue or not, but I'm having difficulties. I apoligize for the upcoming essay :o. I'm writing a script, similar to a paint program that edits images, but in the form of ANSI block characters. The program so far is working. I managed to save the image into a file,... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinman47
14 Replies
qmp3check(1)							 quelcom man pages						      qmp3check(1)

NAME
qmp3check - check and clean mp3 streams SYNOPSIS
qmp3check [option]... file... DESCRIPTION
qmp3check reads mp3 streams looking for invalid frames or, simply, garbage. it can be used as a mp3 file checker but also as a mp3 file cleaner because it is able to strip garbage bits from the streams. OPTIONS
-D, --delete delete invalid frames and garbage. use with care -h, --help show a brief help and exit -q, --quiet no output messages -T, --delete-tag delete tag (if exists). option --delete must be set. -v, --verbose show more detailed info -V, --version show version and exit BUGS
tests have been done only with mpeg version 1 layer iii streams, though it may (or not) work with other versions/layers. AUTHOR
dmanye@etse.urv.es http://www.etse.urv.es/~dmanye/quelcom/quelcom.html SEE ALSO
qmp3info(1), qmp3join(1), qmp3cut(1), qmp3report(1) qwavinfo(1), qwavjoin(1), qwavcut(1), qwavsilence(1), qwavfade(1), qwavheaderdump(1) quelcom 0.4.0 february 2001 qmp3check(1)