Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Raw extraction problems with dcraw Post 303024623 by RudiC on Friday 12th of October 2018 05:26:03 PM
Old 10-12-2018
Did you copy Corona688's script char by char, keystroke by keystroke? The $ - signs are important for variable expansion.

The pipe symbol | connects (pipes) one command's standard output (stdout) to another's standard input (stdin). With it, you can construct powerful, versatile compound commands from single simple tools / commands.
/dev/stdin is a (formal) symbolic link to a process' stdin, used in case a command explicitely needs a file name as an argument.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Raw vs. Filesystem?

Maybe this is the wrong forum to start this debate and I apologize if it is, but I have been wondering for some time which is better to use for a database, raw or filesystem? By better I mean don't just mean better performance but also ease of maintenance, etc. I know that several years ago it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: keelba
5 Replies

2. Solaris

About raw partition

Hi I have solaris 8 installed on Intel machine. the disk I have is IDE. I would like to know how can I create a raw partition on an IDE disk. Regards, Raja (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
2 Replies

3. AIX

Raw I/o

Is there any system call available in AIX to read the size of raw disk? If I use the command "lspv -L",it only gives size of PVs on which file system is there. I need to extract the size raw disk i.e. file system is not there on the disk. Thanks, Megha (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MeghaV
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using the Raw command

Hi, What is a Raw command and how does it work? We have to print out a large report from our database numerically and wanted to know how it can be done. :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nov_user
1 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Raw volumes

The query is as follows : A typical server configs when using Oracle or any other type of DB is to install the OS + DB binaries on the internal disks of the relevant server e.g. Disk 1 : OS + SW + DB binaries Disk 2 : Mirror of disk 1 (used for resiliency) Then one uses an external array... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kekanap
1 Replies

6. Programming

Raw devices in C

Hi guys. what is the benefits of using raw devices in programming? which applications mostly use raw devices? how can i use raw devices in C programs? is there any system calls or library functions? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Raw Devices

Can you please modify my script. This script is not working for i in /dev/sdf do /bin/raw /dev/raw/`/bin/basename ${i}` ${i} /bin/sleep 2 /bin/chown orasm:ordba /dev/raw/`/bin/basename ${i}` /bin/chmod 660... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik9358
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Specify the raw format

Hey friends, i am trying to set up a raspbian wheezy vm on ma Unbuntu using qemu. when i try to run the setup command the error is: i tried to find something here in the forum but did not find anything. i was searching like 15 min pls dont roast me if there is a post explaining it. :)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxPlayer1809
3 Replies
DPIPE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  DPIPE(1)

NAME
dpipe - bi-directional pipe command SYNOPSIS
dpipe [ command [ args ] ] = [ command [ args ] ] dpipe [ command [ args ] ] = [ command [ args ] ] [ = [ command [ args ] ] ] ... DESCRIPTION
dpipe is a general tool to run two commands diverting the standard output of the first command into the standard input of the second and vice-versa. It is the bi-directional extension of the | (pipe) syntax used by all the shells. The = has been chosen as a metaphor of two parallel communication lines between the commands. It is also possible to concatenate several tools. Intermediate programs communicate using standard input and standard output with the preceding tool and alternate standard input and output (respectively file descriptors number 3 and 4) towards the following tool. If an intermediate tool should process only the data flowing in one direction use { or } as suffix for the preceding = and prefix of the following one. This tool has been written as a tool for the Virtual Distributed Ethernet. EXAMPLE
dpipe a = b processes a and b are bidirectionally connected: stdin of a is connected to stdout of b and vice-versa dpipe a = b = c a and b are connected as above. Alternate stdin of b is connected to stdout of c and alternate stdout of b to stdin of c dpipe a =} b }= c This is a cycle of pipes: stdout of a is connected to stdin of b, stdout of b with stdin of c, and stdout of c to stdin of a dpipe a =} b }={ c {= d = e all the notations can be mixed together. this is a -> b -> d -> c and back to a; alternate ports of d are connected to e OPTIONS
no options. NOTICE
Virtual Distributed Ethernet is not related in any way with www.vde.com ("Verband der Elektrotechnik, Elektronik und Informationstechnik" i.e. the German "Association for Electrical, Electronic & Information Technologies"). SEE ALSO
vde_switch(1), vde_plug(1), vde_plug2tap(1), vdeq(1). wirefilter(1). AUTHOR
VDE is a project by Renzo Davoli <renzo@cs.unibo.it>. Virtual Distributed Ethernet December 6, 2006 DPIPE(1)