Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian Problems with cryptsetup keyfile encrypted root partition under Debian 9, i386 Post 303024578 by Corona688 on Thursday 11th of October 2018 01:32:55 PM
Old 10-11-2018
It's not hard to convert a key on partition into a key on file.

Code:
dd if=/dev/sda4 of=/tmp/keyfile bs=sizeofkeyinbytes count=1

What instructions were you attempting to follow, exactly?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Partition Problems

I just finished installing Solaris 5.8 and I tried to install StarOffice, it said I was out of room. Now I have a 3 gig HD and I THOUGHT that I gave 512 to swap and kept the rest for storage room. How do I check how much room I have, how would I if I figured out I don't have enough room add... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: veitcha
5 Replies

2. Linux

partition problems!

Hey, haha i'm back! Just when i thought everythign was working fine and dandy i found out that i screwed up my partitions way back when i set teh computer up like 5 months ago...lol. SO! I have decided to format....jus tcause this is my learning computer and install RH9 or whatever the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblyk
15 Replies

3. Solaris

increasing root / partition

Dear all, I have a root partition which is 20 G in size. I have var and /tmp as seperate file systems. But this 20 G of root is not sufficeint. I want to increase the size of the / partition. Is there any way to increase with out down time. my df -k output is Filesystem ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

iptables forward public IP, no NAT, Debian i386

Hello all, got kinda problem. Have two machines in LAN, one of them connected to Internet directly, another one must be forwarded through the first one. Masquerading works perfectly, but is not what is needed here. Both machines have public IP addresses, when the second machine is forwarded its... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Action
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Need to partition root

Hello guys, I am using Solaris 10 x86 OS. While installing OS i have allocated entire 10 GB space to the root. Now i am not able to create new partition it says me "out of range" or "<cylinder number> not expected". Can someone please help me to allocated a default recommended space i.e 8GB or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargav90
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Removing encrypted lvm partition

Hi guys, let me start by saying I appreciate your assistance always. I was practicing how to encrypt partitions in my server. I encrypted an lvm partition using luks and when I tried to remove the partition using lvremove, I get this message Logical volume vg10/lvol1 is used by another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Cannot access or boot encrypted drive (gave up waiting for root device...)

I cannot access or boot from my C drive. I'm running Zorin 9 and the drive is a Samsung SSD. The disk was encrypted on install, and that has not given me any problems before. When I start the system it gets to the memory test page, and does not then load the password prompt, which it used to.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: David4321
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Regarding OS partition and root user

Dear Concern, I am new in ubuntu. Is root user disable in ubuntu? Also, is os partition default in ubuntu? I don't find any feature to create customize mount point to install OS. Below is my current OS partition. amirislam@blnidapp03:~$ df -h Filesystem Size Used... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: makauser
1 Replies
tcprules(1)						      General Commands Manual						       tcprules(1)

NAME
tcprules - compile rules for tcpserver SYNOPSIS
tcprules rules.cdb rules.tmp OVERVIEW
tcpserver optionally follows rules to decide whether a TCP connection is acceptable. For example, a rule of 18.23.0.32:deny prohibits connections from IP address 18.23.0.32. tcprules reads rules from its standard input and writes them into rules.cdb in a binary format suited for quick access by tcpserver. tcprules can be used while tcpserver is running: it ensures that rules.cdb is updated atomically. It does this by first writing the rules to rules.tmp and then moving rules.tmp on top of rules.cdb. If rules.tmp already exists, it is destroyed. The directories containing rules.cdb and rules.tmp must be writable to tcprules; they must also be on the same filesystem. If there is a problem with the input, tcprules complains and leaves rules.cdb alone. The binary rules.cdb format is portable across machines. RULE FORMAT
A rule takes up one line. A file containing rules may also contain comments: lines beginning with # are ignored. Each rule contains an address, a colon, and a list of instructions, with no extra spaces. When tcpserver receives a connection from that address, it follows the instructions. ADDRESSES
tcpserver starts by looking for a rule with address TCPREMOTEINFO@TCPREMOTEIP. If it doesn't find one, or if TCPREMOTEINFO is not set, it tries the address TCPREMOTEIP. If that doesn't work, it tries shorter and shorter prefixes of TCPREMOTEIP ending with a dot. If none of them work, it tries the empty string. For example, here are some rules: joe@127.0.0.1:first 18.23.0.32:second 127.:third :fourth ::1:fifth If TCPREMOTEIP is 10.119.75.38, tcpserver will follow the fourth instructions. If TCPREMOTEIP is ::1, tcpserver will follow the fifth instructions. Note that you cannot detect IPv4 mapped addresses by matching "::ffff", as those addresses will be converted to IPv4 before looking at the rules. If TCPREMOTEIP is 18.23.0.32, tcpserver will follow the second instructions. If TCPREMOTEINFO is bill and TCPREMOTEIP is 127.0.0.1, tcpserver will follow the third instructions. If TCPREMOTEINFO is joe and TCPREMOTEIP is 127.0.0.1, tcpserver will follow the first instructions. ADDRESS RANGES
tcprules treats 1.2.3.37-53:ins as an abbreviation for the rules 1.2.3.37:ins, 1.2.3.38:ins, and so on up through 1.2.3.53:ins. Similarly, 10.2-3.:ins is an abbreviation for 10.2.:ins and 10.3.:ins. INSTRUCTIONS
The instructions in a rule must begin with either allow or deny. deny tells tcpserver to drop the connection without running anything. For example, the rule :deny tells tcpserver to drop all connections that aren't handled by more specific rules. The instructions may continue with some environment variables, in the format ,VAR="VALUE". tcpserver adds VAR=VALUE to the current envi- ronment. For example, 10.0.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="@fix.me" adds RELAYCLIENT=@fix.me to the environment. The quotes here may be replaced by any repeated character: 10.0.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=/@fix.me/ Any number of variables may be listed: 127.0.0.1:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",TCPLOCALHOST="movie.edu" SEE ALSO
tcprulescheck(1), tcpserver(1), tcp-environ(5) tcprules(1)