Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Insert the line number from text file to filename output Post 303024567 by martinsmith on Thursday 11th of October 2018 05:20:33 AM
Old 10-11-2018
Hi Peasant,

Thank you so much for saving my day. Your code worked perfectly!

Much appreciated. many thanks again! Smilie

Last edited by Don Cragun; 10-12-2018 at 12:33 AM.. Reason: Remove duplicated text.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert text file at a certain line.

I need to insert a file called temp_impact (which has about 15 lines in it) to a file called 11.23cfg starting at line 33. I searched the forums and found the sed '34i\ test' 11.23cfg > newfile That will enter word test at the appropriate line, but i need the entire file dumped there. Any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: insania
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep / zgrep to output ONLY the matching filename and line number?

Hi all, I am trying to zgrep / grep list of files so that it displays only the matching filename:line number and does not display the whole line, like: (echo "1.txt";echo "2.txt") | xargs zgrep -no STRING If I use -o option, it displays the matching STRING and if not used, displays the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvaidyan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert some constant text at beginig of each line within a text file.

Dear Folks :), I am new to UNIX scripting and I do not know how can I insert some text in the first column of a UNIX text file at command promtp. I can do this in vi editor by using this command :g/^/s//BBB_ e,g I have a file named as Test.dat and it containins below text: michal... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muhammad Afzal
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert text at line number

I wrote a script to grep for a closing XML node. Then I need it to navigate up a line and insert some XML. Then go to the next occurrance. I have this INSERT_NODE='<QUANTITATIVE NAME="'${QR_NAME}'" QUANT="1" />' GREP_FOR='</JOB>' TMP_FILE=/tmp/lineArray.$$ if ]; then continue else ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: J-Man
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert output into file at line number

I need to insert the output of a script into a specific line number of a txt file. I've read the Sed man page and searched the forums and it's not immediately clear how I would go about doing this. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pluto7777
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a variable to a text file after fixed number of lines

Hi, I am new to unix. I need to insert a variable which contains some lines of text into a text file after fixed number of lines.. Please help me on this.. Thanks in Advance, Amrutha (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amr89
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Insert a line in a text file

I want to insert a line with text after the 9th line of a text file. How would I do this using sed or awk? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a text file line by line and insert into a database table?

I have a test file that I want to read and insert only certain lines into the the table based on a filter. 1. Rread the log file 12 Hours back Getdate() -12 Hours 2. Extract the following information on for lines that say "DUMP is complete" A. Date B. Database Name C.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JolietJake
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Insert a line of text on nth line of a file

Hi All, I am using UNix Sun OS sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise My intention is to insert a line of text after 13th line of every file inside a particular directory. While trying to do it for a single file , i am using sed sed '3 i this is the 4th line' filename sed: command garbled: 3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotamp
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert text at the beginning of every even number line

i am trying to insert text at the beginning of every even number line with awk i can do it with odd number lines with this command awk 'NR%2{$0="some text "$0}1' filehow can i edit this command thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bob123
5 Replies
GCJH(1) 								GNU								   GCJH(1)

NAME
gcjh - - generate header files from Java class files SYNOPSIS
gcjh [OPTIONS]... CLASS... DESCRIPTION
The "gcjh" program is used to generate header files from class files. It can generate both CNI and JNI header files, as well as stub implementation files which can be used as a basis for implementing the required native methods. It is similar to "javah" but has slightly different command line options, and defaults to CNI. OPTIONS
See "javah" for a full description; this page only lists the additional options provided by "gcjh". CNI text options -add text Insert text into class body. -append text Append text after class declaration. -friend text Insert text as a "friend" declaration. -prepend text Insert text before start of class. Compatibility options (unused) -td DIR -M -MM -MD -MMD Unused compatibility option. Standard options: -help Print help text, then exit. -version Print version number, then exit. -JOPTION Pass argument to the Java runtime. BUGS
SEE ALSO
javac(1), javah(1), ... AUTHOR
0.98 2010-07-05 GCJH(1)