Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to control grep output intact for each matching line? Post 303024542 by yifangt on Wednesday 10th of October 2018 01:51:05 PM
Old 10-10-2018
I will do with the second suggestion. Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need grep to output basename and line#

I have a script that sorta works the way I want but I would rather just get the base name and line number from the grep output. My current script is this one liner: grep -n "$1" $SCCSPATH/*/s.*.k | cut -c1-80 which if I was searching for 121197 I would get something like this: ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: zoo591
18 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Grep Line with Matching Fields

Below is the scenario. Help is appreciated. File1: ( 500,000 lines ) : Three fields comma delimited : Not sorted 1234FAA,435612,88975 1224FAB,12345,212356 File2: ( 4,000,000 lines ) : Six fields comma delimited (Last 3 field should match the 3 fields of File1) : Not Sorted : ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangjani
13 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep / zgrep to output ONLY the matching filename and line number?

Hi all, I am trying to zgrep / grep list of files so that it displays only the matching filename:line number and does not display the whole line, like: (echo "1.txt";echo "2.txt") | xargs zgrep -no STRING If I use -o option, it displays the matching STRING and if not used, displays the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvaidyan
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep or other ways to output line above and/or below searched line

Hi all, Would like to know how I could search for a string 'xyz' but have the output show the line plus the line above and/or below all lines found. eg. search for xyz from file containing: abc 12345 asdf xyz asdfds wwwww kjkjkj ppppp kkkxyz eeee zzzzz and the output to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sammac
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify matching data in a file and output to original line, in perl

Hi, I haven't done this for awhile, and further, I've never done it in perl so I appreciate any help you can give me. I have a file of lines, each with 5 data points that look like this: AB,N,ALLIANCEBERNSTEIN HLDNG L.P,AB,N ALD,N,ALLIED CAPITAL CORPORATION,ALD,N AFC,N,ALLIED CAPITAL... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pcushing
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find out line number of matching string using grep

Hi all, I want to display line number for matching string in a file. can anyone please help me. I used grep -n "ABC" file so it displays 6 ABC. But i only want to have line number,i don't want that it should prefix matching context with line number. Actually my original... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in removing control M and Line feed in output file.

Hi All, In my output file i am getting control m character and also the line feeds at different places and with different combinations, the content of the file is supposed to be in a single line but if there is a line feed in between then from there onwards it's going into new line. I tried... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bipin Kumar
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep log file to get line above matching pattern

Hi, I have a log file that looks like this "delete" : { "_type" : "cl", "_id" : "1000600000000562636", "_version" : 1, "status" : 200, "found" : false } }, { "delete" : { "_type" : "cl", "_id" : "1000600000000562643", ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing the output of a gzip command intact

how can i get the printf command or the echo command to print the data that are inbetween the first and the last quotes? #!/bin/sh printf '%s\n' "^_<8b>^H^@U<8c>MX^@^Cí=ÙzÚH<97>×ð^Teìn<8c>Ób_<9d><9f>dXd<9b>^N^F7<82>8qâÎ'^K^Y^T<83>D<90>°M^Lý^Hó^Fs5w3ß|s5/ÐýbS%©<84>^DBH... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep file starting from pattern matching line

I have a file with a list of references towards the end and want to apply a grep for some string. text .... @unnumbered References @sp 1 @paragraphindent 0 2017. @strong{Chalenski, D.A.}; Wang, K.; Tatanova, Maria; Lopez, Jorge L.; Hatchell, P.; Dutta, P.; @strong{Small airgun... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies
LDBDEL(1)							  [FIXME: manual]							 LDBDEL(1)

NAME
ldbdel - Command-line program for deleting LDB records SYNOPSIS
ldbdel [-h] [-H LDB-URL] [dn] [...] DESCRIPTION
ldbdel deletes records from an ldb(3) database. It deletes the records identified by the dn's specified on the command-line. ldbdel uses either the database that is specified with the -H option or the database specified by the LDB_URL environment variable. OPTIONS
-h Show list of available options. -H <ldb-url> LDB URL to connect to. See ldb(3) for details. ENVIRONMENT
LDB_URL LDB URL to connect to (can be overrided by using the -H command-line option.) VERSION
This man page is correct for version 4.0 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
ldb(3), ldbmodify, ldbadd, ldif(5) AUTHOR
ldb was written by Andrew Tridgell[1]. If you wish to report a problem or make a suggestion then please see the http://ldb.samba.org/ web site for current contact and maintainer information. ldbdel was written by Andrew Tridgell. This manpage was written by Jelmer Vernooij. NOTES
1. Andrew Tridgell http://samba.org/~tridge/ [FIXME: source] 04/19/2012 LDBDEL(1)