Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Configure Solaris zone on new network Post 303024480 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 9th of October 2018 01:08:11 PM
Old 10-09-2018
On Solaris 10 zones they are configured autonomously and are not aware of the global zone configuration which is independent of the local zone.

On Solaris 10 the default gateway is configured in /etc/defaultrouter which normally contains one single line with a left justified ip address of the gateway, for example:

Code:

and that's all there is in the file. It may be edited with your favorite editor and is then read at (zone) boot time.

So you can mess with this inside the local zone and not affect your global zone.

Last edited by hicksd8; 10-09-2018 at 03:16 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to configure the network at Sun Solaris

Can anybody help me on how to configure the network in Sun Solaris. This is my first time to touch sun system please help!!!:confused: :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jameswong
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 network configuration problem with zone

I am seeking help from the gurus in this forum and hope that I can find answers soon. Anyone who provide the answers will be greatly appreciated. I have a sparc box with Solaris 10 on it. We install Solaris with zone structure. One global zone and two other zone. I installed Oracle DB on global... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
6 Replies

3. Solaris

how to configure network in solaris 10?

Hi..i have installed solaris 10 on vmware. I m not able connect to internet. pls help in detail. how to solve the problem. During the installation i have put no DHCP. cofigured manually ( Ip 192.168.1.9) default gateway 192.168.1.1 . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnavery
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Creating A Solaris Zone - Unable to install - Are network settings required?

Hi i have created a solaris zone but have not yet connected any network cables for this new zone, can i set the zone up without running the command 'add net' and not adding an ip or physical interface? i tried to add dummy internet settings and get this zonecfg:coddr> add net... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbiesolaris10
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Configure a network printer on solaris

Hi, guys, recently my os changed to solaris 10, and i want to share the printer with another computer whose os is also solaris. Is there anyone could give me a hint to fix this problem. lpadmin -p hp5200 -v /dev/null -A write -n... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: papertiger
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Configure network interface for Solaris 10

Hi, I have installed Solaris 10 on VMware7, When i used ifconfig -a to check network interface, it has shown lo0 as loopback interface. Please advise how to configure network interfaces using VMware. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajhal04
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Branded Solaris 10 zone no network

I am trying to create a branded 10 zone on a Solaris 11.1 control domain. I am using a flar image (cpio) from an existing LDOM. Here are the steps taken after flarcreate. #zonecfg -z <device> >create -b >set brand=solaris10 >set zonepath=/zonez/<device> >set ip-type=exclusive >add net... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aeroforce
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Unable to get Solaris 11 Zone onto the network

Hello, I followed these instructions to create a Solaris 11 zone: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/servers-storage-admin/o11-092-s11-zones-intro-524494.html And I am unable to ping anything from the Local Zone except for the IP address of the global zone. My global zone has an IP... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unblockable
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris non-global zone network vlan

Have 2 nics on physical system net0 phys 1500 up -- net1 phys 1500 up -- 1. I want to create a link aggregation with LACP enabled with above 2 nics 2. Create port-group(Like we create on ESXi) with VLAN-ID 2141 3. And assign this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 11 zone has no external network access (except to Global Zone)

Hi, hoping someone can help, its been a while since I used Solaris. After creating a NGZ (non global zone), the NGZ can access the GZ (Global Zone) and the GZ can access the NGZ (using ssh, zlogin) However, the NGZ cannot access any other netwqork devices, it can't even see the default router ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GazinLincoln
2 Replies
net_zoneidtonetid(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 				     net_zoneidtonetid(9F)

NAME
net_zoneidtonetid - map a zoneid_t struture identifier to a netid_t structure SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/neti.h> netid_t net_zoneidtonetid(const zoneid_t zone); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
zone valid zoneid_t structure that refers to a running zone. DESCRIPTION
The net_zoneidtonetid() function maps the given zoneid_t structure (used to represent a zone that is currently running) into a netid_t structure that is associated with the IP instance supporting network functions for that zone. RETURN VALUES
The net_zoneidtonetid() function returns -1 if no mapping took place. Otherwise, it returns the netid_t structure currently used by the zoneid_t structure. For zones that are using a shared IP instance, the netid_t structure for the instance owned by the global zone is returned. CONTEXT
The net_zoneidtonetid() function may be called from user, kernel, or interrupt context. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
net_netidtozonid(9F), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 1 May 2008 net_zoneidtonetid(9F)