Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cp modification
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers cp modification Post 303024475 by Corona688 on Tuesday 9th of October 2018 11:30:56 AM
Old 10-09-2018
See also rsync, which is intended for synchronizing directories and available most anywhere.

Do not give in to the mental block of it "not being cp". You are allowed to use a tool that was actually designed to do the job you had in mind.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

ifconfig modification

Hi all,,i have problem with my homework form my lecture.. He is give me a homework to create: ifconfig eth0 0.255.255.255 1.1.168.192 my lecture says, i can making the shell scripting to finish my homework.. i have question, can setting ifconfig like in the upper? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: demhyt
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a modification on this script

Hi All I have files contains rows which look like this: 2 20090721_16:58:47.173 JSUD2 JD1M1 20 IAM 966591835270 249918113182 b 3610 ACM b 3614 ACM b 3713 CPG b 3717 CPG f 5799 REL b 5815 RLC b 5817 RLC :COMMA: NCI=00,FCI=6101,CPC=0A,TMR=00,OFI=00,USI: :COMMB: BCI=1234: :RELCAUSE:10: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zanetti321
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

.bash_history modification

Hi Experts, I know my question would be strange but i need to understand how the .bash_history file is logging user actions (the mechanism) and if possible modify it to include also the date/time of every action done by the user. Sample file: # more .bash_history ssh <IP address> -l axadmin... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dendany83
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with file modification

Hi, I have a file test.txt . The contain of the file is as below : 365798~SAPUS~PR5~0000799005~ADM CHARG MEDCAL INS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SLAC480 I want to modify this file. And file contain loking like "365798"~"SAPUS"~"PR5"~"0000799005"~"ADM CHARG MEDCAL... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for File Modification

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt. cat abcd.txt output is as follows : "aa"~"bb"~"001"~""~""~"cc" "dd"~"005"~"" ~""~"kk"~"aa"~"00 8"~""~""~ I want the output looking like: cat abcd.txt "aa"~"bb"~"001"~""~""~ "cc""dd"~"005"~""~""~ "kk"~"aa"~"008"~""~""~ I have a script. (4 Replies)
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for File Modification

Hi All, I have a file disk_space.log. cat disk_space.log 94% / 32% /boot 38% /mnt/data 100% /media/CDROM I want the output, like cat disk_space.log 94% / 100% /media/CDROM That means print the line those are grater-than 90%. And rest of the line is remove from file. I have a... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Modification

Hi, I have a file input.txt. cat input.txt output is as follows : Code: "0001"~"name"~"bb"~"20.25"~""~""~"0002"~"name" "dd"~"35.50"~"" ~""~"0003"~"name"~"aa"~"21.3 5"~""~""~ I want the output looking like: cat output.txt Code: "0001"~"name"~"bb"~"20.25"~""~""~... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help For File modification

Hi, I have a file. File contains are as follows : Feb 19, 2012 5:05:00 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080 Feb 19, 2012 5:05:00 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load INFO: Initialization processed in 771 ms Feb 20, 2012... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk modification

I need help modifying the code below. DATAFILE is a log file. I have two strings i need to search for in the log file. The two strings are: 1. ERROR 2. com.rolander.promotions.client awk 'BEGIN { while((getline < "'${SFILE}'")>0) S FS="\n"; RS="\n" } (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in modification of code

I have below code, i want to run this code, but this below code should run on myblocka myblockb myblockcc myblockxx myblockanything but it will not run on "myblock" for BLOCK in /sys/block/myblock* do echo "100000" > "$BLOCK"/abcd done (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
7 Replies
librsync(3)						     Library Functions Manual						       librsync(3)

NAME
librsync - library for delta compression of streams SYNOPSYS
#include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <librsync.h> cc ... -lrsync DESCRIPTION
The librsync library implements network delta-compression of streams and files. The algorithm is similar to that used in the rsync(1) and xdelta(2) programs, but specialized for transfer of arbitrary-length octet streams. Unlike most diff programs, librsync does not require access to both of the files on the same machine, but rather only a short ``signature'' of the old file and the complete contents of the new file. The canonical use of librsync is in the rproxy(8) reference implementation of the rsync proposed extension to HTTP. It may be useful to other programs which wish to do delta-compression in HTTP, or within their own protocol. There are HTTP-specific utility functions within librsync, but they need not be used. A number of tools such as rdiff(1) provide command-line and scriptable access to rsync functions. SEE ALSO
rdiff(1) rdiff and librsync Manual http://rproxy.sourceforge.net/. draft-pool-rsync BUGS
The rsync protocol is still evolving. There may be bugs in the implementation. The interface may change in the future, but it is becoming more stable. Many routines will panic in case of error rather than returning an error code to the caller. Patches to fix this are welcome, but at the current state of development aborting seems as useful as trusting to possibly-incomplete checking in the client. AUTHOR
Martin Pool <mbp@samba.org>, with Andrew Tridgell <tridge@samba.org>. rdiff development has been supported by Linuxcare, Inc and VA Linux Systems. Martin Pool $Date: 2003/06/12 06:03:32 $ librsync(3)