Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Ubuntu 16.04 - upgrade to ZFS 0.7? Post 303024416 by Neo on Monday 8th of October 2018 08:05:45 AM
Old 10-08-2018
If it was me, I would do something like following (after some reading)
  • Install the Ubuntu 16 version of ZFS using apt.
  • Download the source, build and compile the version you want.
  • Edit /etc/modules and switch out the ZFS module to the one you want.
  • Test and if it does not work, then go back to the working kernel module.

Or if it was REALLY me, I would install Ubuntu 18 (which I am running now on a production server). Version 16 is already near EOL.

Code:
myserver:/etc#  lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
Description:	Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
Release:	18.04
Codename:	bionic

Ubuntu 16.04 - upgrade to ZFS 0.7?-screen-shot-2018-10-08-70832-pmpng

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

Ubuntu upgrade

ive been using Ubuntu 7.10 for about 3 weeks now and i love it more than any other linux operating system. ive been watching the countdown to the upgrade of ubuntu 8.04. has any one tried out the 8.04 beta at all. if so, did u think it is worth upgrading my box to 8.04 or should i keep it at... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texasone
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ubuntu upgrade procedure

How can i upgrade Ubuntu 7.10 to 8.04 from command line? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Need assistance using live upgrade to patch a zfs server.

I am new to using zfs. I have a new Solaris 10 server and I would like to start using live upgrade to help me have a route to "get back to good" if when patching the server things go badly. In my searching so far I have found the following pages and learned a lot... How to make and mount a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NewSolarisAdmin
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Live upgrade issue with ZFS Root

I have created a solaris10 update9 zfs root flash archive for sun4v environment which i 'm tryin to use for upgrading solaris10 update8 zfs root based server using live upgrade. following is my current system status lustatus Boot Environment Is Active Active Can Copy Name Complete Now... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Problems after upgrade to ubuntu 11.04

We had Ubuntu Server 10.10, after upgrade to Ubuntu Server 11.04 some applications doesn't works by example "Printing" on "Sysmte- Administration" and User Administration GUI, how can I fix it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmejias
2 Replies

6. Solaris

zfs upgrade version

did a solaris 10 from an older update version to s10u9... it boots up clean.. one of the zfs pool comes up with this..older zfs version cannot be by new software.. try to do zpool import <name_of_zone> cannot import 'zone': pool is formatted using a newer ZFS version I know... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ubuntu ZFS split disk

Hello all, At the moment i'm building a home made nas/media server running ubuntu. After reading some articles about ZFS I decided to use it (at first on a virtual machine). the machine is gonna be a AMD fusion with two 1TB disks and one 64GB ssd for the OS This is what im trying to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: StrikeByte
7 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Upgrade a package on Ubuntu

Hi, I want to upgrade a package to a specified version on Ubuntu, can you please shed some light? I know we can do it with but jere i want to upgrade the package to a specified version. Can someone please assist? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prash358
1 Replies
FSG(1)									FSG								    FSG(1)

NAME
FSG - manual page for FSG lsb_release v2.0 SYNOPSIS
lsb_release [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
FSG lsb_release v2.0 prints certain LSB (Linux Standard Base) and Distribution information. With no OPTION specified defaults to -v. OPTIONS
-v, --version Display the version of the LSB specification against which the distribution is compliant. -i, --id Display the string id of the distributor. -d, --description Display the single line text description of the distribution. -r, --release Display the release number of the distribution. -c, --codename Display the codename according to the distribution release. -a, --all Display all of the above information. -s, --short Use short output format for information requested by other options (or version if none). -h, --help Display this message. FILES
If the installation is LSB compliant, the "/etc/lsb-release" file should contain the LSB_VERSION field. The value of the field should be a colon separated list of supported module versions indicating the LSB specification modules to which the installation is compliant. If the installation is not compliant, the above field should not be present. Optional fields are DISTRIB_ID, DISTRIB_RELEASE, DISTRIB_CODENAME, DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION and can be used to override information which is parsed from the "/etc/distrib-release" file. If the "/etc/lsb-release.d" directory exists, it is searched for filenames which are taken as additional module-version strings to add to LSB_VERSION. The "/etc/distrib-release" file contains a description line which is parsed to get information (especially on currently non-LSB compliant systems). The required line style is: "Distributor release x.x (Codename)" Where Distributor can be a couple of words, but then concatenated (i.e. Linux Foo BarLinux Linux -> FooBarLinux), x.x starts with a digit followed by any non-blank characters, Codename will also be concatenated (blanks cleanup only). release may not be used as a keyword in DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION if you don't want to override "/etc/distrib-release" data. Notice: To support the Debian distributions' lack of information (see "/etc/debian_version" file) some have been directly added into the lsb_release script. EXAMPLES
If the "/etc/lsb-release" file contains: LSB_VERSION="core-2.0-ia64:core-2.0-noarch" DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="I enjoy using my distrib" and the "/etc/lsb-release.d" directory contains: graphics-2.0-ia64 graphics-2.0-noarch and the "/etc/foobar-release" file contains: My Linux Distrib release 1.0RC4 (TryIt) Then the results of various options will be: $ ./lsb_release --all LSB Version: core-2.0-ia64:core-2.0-noarch:graphics-2.0-ia64:graphics-2.0-noarch Distributor ID: MyDistrib Description: I enjoy using my distrib Release: 1.0RC4 Codename: TryIt $ ./lsb_release -a -s 1.0 MyDistrib "I enjoy using my distrib" 1.0RC4 TryIt If the "/etc/lsb-release" file is absent (indicating this is not an LSB compliant distribution), the result will be: $ ./lsb_release -a LSB Version: n/a Distributor ID: MyDistrib Description: My Linux Distrib release 1.0RC4 (TryIt) Release: 1.0RC4 Codename: TryIt REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs at http://bugs.linuxbase.org. Please include a complete, self contained example that will allow the bug to be reproduced, and say which version of lsb_release you are using. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000, 2002, 2004 Free Standards Group, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Originally written by Dominique MASSONIE. FSG lsb_release v2.0 June 2014 FSG(1)