Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: GNU sed running on Mac
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting GNU sed running on Mac Post 303024386 by Xterra on Sunday 7th of October 2018 06:10:37 PM
Old 10-07-2018
sorry! My bad, I meant :
Code:
sed '1isometext' infile

Or even

Code:
echo a | sed '1isometext'

return the same error on MAC:

Code:
sed:  1:  "1isometext": command i expects \ followed by text

I can run either command in CygWin and add the "sometext" line to the first line in the infile no problem. I am trying to run all my sed scripts in MAC without any modifications

Last edited by Xterra; 10-07-2018 at 07:22 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

running linux ppc on a mac 7200

running linux ppc on a mac 7200... can someone please tell me how to do this... it says something about a red hat installer?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ignus
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Terminal and/or X-Windows in Mac OS X

Quick question: When I load up Terminal or X-Windows on my Mac, and the prompt comes up...what folder am I starting in? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liquidcross
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

gnu sed regex grouping not working?

Hello, from the gnu sed manual, I should be able to do this: `\(REGEXP\)' Groups the inner REGEXP as a whole, this is used to: * Apply postfix operators, like `\(abcd\)*': this will search for zero or more whole sequences of `abcd', while `abcd*' ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Allasso
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

gnu sed replace space with new line

please help in making sed singleline command i need to insert dos new line (CR LF) before " 34 matching device(s) found on \\cpu1." " 6 matching device(s) found on \\cpu7." " 102 matching device(s) found on \\mainserver." the problem is that sometimes there are both CR LF before strings and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xserg
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is GNU sed installed?

Hi there, I'm new to UNIX and have the following question: At work a Solaris Unix system is used. I'm not sure if they have gnu sed installed so I tried using the command "sed -r" and got the error: "Illegal option --r" Does this mean that gnu sed is definitely not installed on the system... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: js8765
8 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

GNU Sed Problem

Hi, I'm and Android developer using Mac OSX 10.7. I use Dsixda's Android Kitchen to develop my roms. I had it working fine on 10.6.8 and it still worked flawlessly when updating to 10.7. I installed Macports, and installed some packages, and then tried to run the Android Kitchen. I CD'd to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmeadows013
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected results with lists in GNU sed

I have been living with this problem with GNU sed v4.1.4 for a long time, but now I really need to figure it out. When using a list in either an address or a search, the expression is matching lower and upper-case letters. works as it should. For example, if I run sed -nr "// p"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nctrader
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert @Line # - SED (non-GNU)

Just posted on another fellow's question using ed, but I wanted to know about doing it with sed on Unix. For example - I have a file of an unknown length, but I want to add a line after the shell declaration (Line 2). If possible, I'd like the example to be able to just substitute in a number and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vryali
2 Replies
NWBPSET(1)							      nwbpset								NWBPSET(1)

NAME
nwbpset - Create a bindery property or set its value SYNOPSIS
nwbpset [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] DESCRIPTION
nwbpset Reads a property specification from the standard input and creates and sets the corresponding property. The format is determined by the output of 'nwbpvalues -c'. nwbpset will hopefully become an important part of the bindery management suite of ncpfs, together with As another example, look at the following command line: nwbpvalues -t 1 -o supervisor -p user_defaults -c | sed '2s/.*/ME/'| sed '3s/.*/LOGIN_CONTROL/'| nwbpset With this command, the property user_defaults of the user object 'supervisor' is copied into the property login_control of the user object 'me'. nwbpvalues -t 1 -o me -p login_control -c | sed '9s/.*/ff/'| nwbpset This command disables the user object me. Feel free to contribute other examples! nwbpset looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwbpset prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. AUTHORS
nwbpset was written by Volker Lendecke. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwbpset 8/7/1996 NWBPSET(1)