Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? OSX 10.14 Mojave Commands - 13K+ Total Man Pages in Repository Post 303024352 by Neo on Sunday 7th of October 2018 03:35:30 AM
Old 10-07-2018
OSX 10.14 Mojave Commands - 13K+ Total Man Pages in Repository

Just added OSX 10.14 Mojave Commands (currently over 13K pages in the mojave repo) to our man page repository:

OSX 10.14 Mojave Commands

We need to update all the man pages to the most current versions, so please contribute man page sets to your favorite OS environment (tar.gz with os and version) and I will add them.

Please tar like this:

Code:
CYBER-SA:man Tim$ cd /usr/share/man (or where ever your root dir for man pages resides)

CYBER-SA:man Tim$ ls -l
total 1024
drwxr-xr-x   1339 root  wheel   42848 Oct  6 08:56 man1
drwxr-xr-x    254 root  wheel    8128 Sep 18 23:23 man2
drwxr-xr-x  10340 root  wheel  330880 Sep 18 23:23 man3
drwxr-xr-x     48 root  wheel    1536 Jun 22 15:51 man4
drwxr-xr-x    195 root  wheel    6240 Oct  6 08:56 man5
drwxr-xr-x      3 root  wheel      96 Jun  9 13:18 man6
drwxr-xr-x     54 root  wheel    1728 Aug 29 12:38 man7
drwxr-xr-x    687 root  wheel   21984 Oct  6 08:56 man8
drwxr-xr-x     23 root  wheel     736 Jun 11 09:21 man9
drwxr-xr-x    661 root  wheel   21152 Aug 29 12:38 mann
-rw-r--r--      1 root  wheel  498861 Oct  6 20:55 whatis

Then something like this (based on your OS environment):

Code:
tar -cLvzf /tmp/mojave.10.14.man.pages.usr.share.man.tar.gz *

All man pages should be gzipped (.gz extension) and please dereference all symlinks when you tar all files. Thanks.

Thanks.

See also:

https://www.unix.com/man-page-repository.php

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Man pages

Hello , I just installed openssh in my system . I actually tried to man sshd but it says no entry , though there is a man directory in the installation which have the man pages for sshd . Can anyone tell me how should i install these man pages . DP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

Hi, I've written now a man pages, but I don't knwo how to get 'man' to view them. Where have I to put this files, which directories are allowed?? THX Bensky (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bensky
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

Hi folks, I want to know all the commands for which man pages are available. How do i get it? Cheers, Nisha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nisha
4 Replies

4. Solaris

MAN PAGES

Hi everyone, I have a small query, in solaris the man pages get displayed on half of the terminal , can i get a full terminal or full screen display ?:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: M.Choudhury
2 Replies

5. Programming

man pages for commands and functions of same name?

Hi friends, I hope everyone is fine and doing well. I am facing this irritating problem. As you know that manual pages are available for both unix commands and c functions. Now when I try to check the manual pages for functions like read write exit I get the manual pages for the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commands for man pages

what command should i use for displaying the manual pages for the socket, read and connect system calls? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nabeel Nazir
1 Replies
PAM_WHEEL(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						      PAM_WHEEL(8)

NAME
pam_wheel - Only permit root access to members of group wheel SYNOPSIS
pam_wheel.so [debug] [deny] [group=name] [root_only] [trust] DESCRIPTION
The pam_wheel PAM module is used to enforce the so-called wheel group. By default it permits root access to the system if the applicant user is a member of the wheel group. If no group with this name exist, the module is using the group with the group-ID 0. OPTIONS
debug Print debug information. deny Reverse the sense of the auth operation: if the user is trying to get UID 0 access and is a member of the wheel group (or the group of the group option), deny access. Conversely, if the user is not in the group, return PAM_IGNORE (unless trust was also specified, in which case we return PAM_SUCCESS). group=name Instead of checking the wheel or GID 0 groups, use the name group to perform the authentication. root_only The check for wheel membership is done only. trust The pam_wheel module will return PAM_SUCCESS instead of PAM_IGNORE if the user is a member of the wheel group (thus with a little play stacking the modules the wheel members may be able to su to root without being prompted for a passwd). MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
The auth and account module types are provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_AUTH_ERR Authentication failure. PAM_BUF_ERR Memory buffer error. PAM_IGNORE The return value should be ignored by PAM dispatch. PAM_PERM_DENY Permission denied. PAM_SERVICE_ERR Cannot determine the user name. PAM_SUCCESS Success. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN User not known. EXAMPLES
The root account gains access by default (rootok), only wheel members can become root (wheel) but Unix authenticate non-root applicants. su auth sufficient pam_rootok.so su auth required pam_wheel.so su auth required pam_unix.so SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(7) AUTHOR
pam_wheel was written by Cristian Gafton <gafton@redhat.com>. Linux-PAM Manual 05/31/2011 PAM_WHEEL(8)