Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian X2go server on Debian 8.10, stdin is not a tty Post 303024339 by brighamandrew on Saturday 6th of October 2018 11:54:28 AM
Old 10-06-2018
Sorry for the delayed response. I am using a Windows client. I was able to figure out the problem. in /etc/profile, there was a custom script being included that I overlooked. /etc/profile was looping through and including all the scripts it could find from within /etc/profile.d/ the culprit was called /etc/profile.d/custom.sh which was added by my web host provider. This script was not testing for shell interactivity so I added the check and that fixed it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

stdin not tty when try to pine or redirect

My supervisor keep getting "stdin not tty" or something like that when he pipe or redirect input into a program. Others don't seem to get this message. Is there some way I can help him to fix or turn this off? Thx in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Micz
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

First Server (Debian) MacBook Remote Login

Hi, I just picked up the book "Linux System Administration" and would like to get started setting up a server. I currently have a MacBook running OS X 10.5.1 and would like to use it for remote loging to the server. I have a Netgear WGR614 v6 wireless router. I'm wondering if I will be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andou
3 Replies

3. Debian

Debian ftp server

What the best FTP server to run on debian.. it has to be secure and stable.. also any guides flying around ? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wmccull
3 Replies

4. Debian

Usually problems with Windows Explorer in w2k3 over server Debian 3.0

Hi. I have problems sometimes going to "My Network Places" in the Windows Explorer. Sometimes works OK and sometimes appears an Explorer.exe Application Popup: <<The instruction at "0x10004160" referenced memory at "0x10004160". The memory could not be "read">> and the Explorer go out or is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: luisben
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

Usually problems with Windows Explorer in w2k3 over server Debian 3.0

Hi. I have problems sometimes going to "My Network Places" in the Windows Explorer. Sometimes works OK and sometimes appears an Explorer.exe Application Popup: <<The instruction at "0x10004160" referenced memory at "0x10004160". The memory could not be "read">> (Event ID: 26 at the Windows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: luisben
0 Replies

6. Debian

Debian with PPTP Server

Dear All My scenario is Debian with PPTP Server in which I am able to connect to through other machines. Ive enable echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward and through client machine i can browse internet as well I created another pptp client in debian server which connects to another... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kazimnaim
0 Replies

7. Debian

Best RAID settings for Debian Server? Help!! (1+0 or 5 or NAS)

I am installing a Debian Server on a: HP Proliant DL380 G4 Dual CPU's 3.20 ghz / 800 mhz / 1MB L2 5120 MB RAM 6 hard disks on HP Smart Array 6i controller (36.4 GB Ultra320 SCSI HD each) I will be using this server to capture VHS video, encode, compress, cut, edit, make DVD's, rip... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcus Aurelius
0 Replies

8. Debian

How to exit debian server terminal?

I have an situation that are quite strange to me. I am not able to exit the server terminal and enter back into my home computer terminal by the command exit like I used to be able to exit the server terminal with before. I end up into my root shell again without even typing the root password like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jonathan Sander
6 Replies

9. Debian

Tar backup of debian server

Am reading this doc Full Hard-Drive Backup with Linux Tar on backup. why do we need the dot at the end ? tar -cvpf /backups/fullbackup.tar --directory=/ --exclude=proc --exclude=sys --exclude=dev/pts --exclude=backups . (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python: Redirecting to tty and reading from tty

In bash, you can do something like this: #!/bin/bash echo -n "What is your name? " > /dev/tty read thename < /dev/tty How can I do the same in python? I have a python script that has the following content: #!/usr/bin/python2.7 import getpass import sys import telnetlib import... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies
NWAUTH(1)							      nwauth								 NWAUTH(1)

NAME
nwauth - Verify username/password SYNOPSIS
nwauth [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -D ] DESCRIPTION
nwauth does nothing but logging into a NetWare server. If the login was successful, an error code of 0 is returned. If the login was not successful, an error code of 1 is returned. It was designed for use by other programs who want authenticate users via a NetWare server. If there is no -P or -n option specified on command line, nwauth always expects a password on stdin. If the stdin is a tty, then the user is prompted for a password. Otherwise nwauth simply reads stdin for a password. nwauth looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server and a user name if they are not specified on command line. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user name If the user name your NetWare administrator gave to you differs from your unix user-id, you should use -U to tell the server about your NetWare user name. -D nwauth says that your password is correct if you have existing connection to server with name user name. This is handy for some shell scripts, but it is unacceptable for authorization modules, such as PAM, PHP or Apache. It was pointed to me that this behavior was not well known, and there exist at least one PAM module which does not know that (this module is not part of ncpfs; you should use PAM mod- ule which comes with ncpfs instead anyway). SEE ALSO
nwclient(5) CREDITS
nwauth was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) nwauth 10/27/1996 NWAUTH(1)