Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Default route issue in share local zone in Solaris 11 Post 303024198 by jlliagre on Tuesday 2nd of October 2018 03:31:10 PM
Old 10-02-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb200
I am not in position to share the logs related to configuration of network
You might want to anonymize the global zone and non-global zone network settings and post them here. It is quite difficult to understand how your network and your zone are configured without them.

Here are relevant commands :

Code:
zonecfg -z xxx info
ifconfig -a
netstat -rn
netadm list
dladm show-phys
dladm show-link
dladm show-linkprop
dladm show-vnic
dladm show-etherstub 
ipadm show-if
ipadm show-ifprop 
ipadm show-addr
ipadm show-addrprop

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to jlliagre For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Not able to ping global zone from local zone

Hi Gurus I am not able to ping the local zone from global zone when i am trying to ping i am getting below ICMP Host Unreachable from gateway zone ( 192.268.35.210) for icmp from zone ( 192.168.35.210) to sun1 ( 192.168.35.210) However i can ping local zone from global please... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
12 Replies

2. Solaris

Global zone name from local zone

How to check the global zone name from local zone. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Postprocess issue installing Solaris 9 Branded Zone

Hello, I am attempting to install a newly configured Solaris 9 zone using the flash archive image provided on the sun website. Each time I run the install I get a failure during the Postprocess: Creating mount points. Following is the log: Log File: /var/tmp/s9-zone.install.25457.log... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brialt1
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 11/06 Zone creation issue

Hi, I am new to zone creations in solaris 10. When I try to create a zone with "set ip-type=exclusive" it gives the usage. OS == Solaris 10 11/06 s10s_u3wos_10 SPARC Copyright 2006 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Use is subject to license... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: niman
17 Replies

5. Solaris

Covert Global zone to local zone

Dears, I would like to convert solaris 10 x86 and solaris 10 sparc (Global Zones) physical servers into Local zones. i found a document which seems to be helpful but i'm stuck @ the 1st step. to test this i want to do it 1st on x86 system running under vmware ESXi and if it succeeds i will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mduweik
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Backup / Clone Solaris Zone Issue

Hi, I'd like to discuss the subject of backing up / cloning Solaris zone. I was trying to clone zone A to zone B (Solaris 10 11/06: Cloning a Non-Global Zone on the Same System (System Administration Guide: Oracle Solaris Containers-Resource Management and Oracle Solaris Zones)). The first test... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 local zone on Solaris 11 global zone

Hi, A quick question: Can Solaris 10 local zones be moved to a Solaris 11 global zone and work well? Thank you in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 NFS Share Issue

Hello all, I am having an issue with an NFS share I have created between two Solaris 10 boxes. I want the share to have read/write permissions, but for some reason it is coming up as read-only on the client side mount despite "rw" being specified in the mount options. Here is what I have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fallersaur
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to create a Solaris local zone with an exclusive NIC?

I'm trying to migrate a Solaris 10 flar archive from a Sun M3000 to a T4-1. When I first created the zone I followed the Oracle instructions here: Transitioning an Oracle Solaris 10 Instance to an Oracle Solaris 11 System - Transitioning From Oracle Solaris 10 to Oracle Solaris 11 That worked... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michele31416
6 Replies
DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Win32(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Win32(3)

NAME
DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Win32 - Determine the local system's time zone on Windows VERSION
version 1.63 SYNOPSIS
my $tz = DateTime::TimeZone->new( name => 'local' ); my $tz = DateTime::TimeZone::Local->TimeZone(); DESCRIPTION
This module provides methods for determining the local time zone on a Windows platform. HOW THE TIME ZONE IS DETERMINED
This class tries the following methods of determining the local time zone: o $ENV{TZ} It checks $ENV{TZ} for a valid time zone name. o Windows Registry When using the registry, we look for the Windows time zone and use a mapping to translate this to an Olson time zone name. o Windows Vista and 2008 We look in "SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/TimeZoneInformation/" for a node named "/TimeZoneKeyName". If this exists, we use this key to look up the Olson time zone name in our mapping. o Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server We look in "SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/Time Zones/" and loop through all of its sub keys. For each sub key, we compare the value of the key with "/Std" appended to the end to the value of "SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/TimeZoneInformation/StandardName". This gives us the English name of the Windows time zone, which we use to look up the Olson time zone name. o Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Millenium Edition The algorithm is the same as for NT, but we loop through the sub keys of "SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Time Zones/" AUTHOR
Dave Rolsky <autarch@urth.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2013 by Dave Rolsky. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-10-28 DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Win32(3)