Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Shmem problem installing Oracle 12 C on Ubuntu 18.04 Post 303024128 by Marika on Monday 1st of October 2018 02:29:57 AM
Old 10-01-2018
Hi guys,

I feel you missed the very beginning of my post, perhaps I was not precise enough.

The Software-installer finished. So did the Network Configuration Assistant. Next step is trying to create a database, and here is where I encounter the problem.

ORACLE gui installer tries to bundle everything together, but I gave up on this approach after 1st time and instead installed all _but_ the database, and this was fine.

So when I'm ready to create a database I either start the database creation assistant ./dbca or start sqlplus and try to do it via cli. Firts case freezes after clicking "create database" with message "copying database files", 2nd freezes when I start an instance without mounting a database in order to create one.. (it freezes after SQL> STARTUP NOMOUNT; or rather seems to be doing something forever).

I will try with matching SGA and let you know how it goes.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

installing hula on ubuntu

i trying to install hula onto my ubuntu but it seems to be not working. i follow through every instructions which i found from the net but is still not working. As i have already install allthe necessary dependency! Below are all the dependency i have install: debhelper (>= 4.0.0),... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thms_sum
0 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Installing Ubuntu in the same partition as Vista

Hi , I hav a laptop with Vista, i need to install Ubuntu along with vista on it. But the problem is tht i donot hav a hard drive partition. though i have abt 70 gb of free space. the only other partition is "recovery" one, so i cnt play with it how shld i perform the installation ?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akshay61286
4 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Installation issue while installing ubuntu

Hi All As i m trying to install ubuntu on my virtual PC where h/w confg is as 5GB didk n 512 mb RAm. after selecting mode option, and after pressing F6 after that screen shows some msg. And not goes to next step. What is the problem n wht i shall do?? Please provide me solution (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunray
3 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Grub rescue problem after installing ubuntu 10.04 amd64 after i386

Hi all, I have Windows XP dual boot with Ubuntu 8.10 on my system. I brought in a portable HDD on which I installed Ubuntu 10.04 32-bit. The grub boot loader was installed along with this and to boot windows, I've had to plug in the HDD (with lucid install) everytime. It had been working fine.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: morningSunshine
0 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Installing Ubuntu

Hi all- I'm getting ready to install Ubuntu onto my Sony Vaio laptop and had a few questions for which I have not yet found the answer. 1)Should I partition my hdd myself (including a swap partition) in Windows or should I do this when installing Ubuntu? When I do partition, since I have over... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gatsby
2 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Installing latest Ubuntu on my desktop

I wish to install the latest ubuntu on my desktop. How do I go about doing this ? Also how do I create the superuser or admin once the installation is done ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundaresh
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Problem Installing Oracle 8i

System Model and Spec Sun Enterprise 420R Processor Speed: 450 MHz (4 processors) Installed RAM: 4 GB Os: Solaris 8 Sparc I successfully installed standard oracle 8i setup on our database server specs above but after installation was competed and it went to creating database I got the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wpgn
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Downloading and installing (new to Ubuntu OS)

I've done a whole days work of researching how to install a program on ubuntu.. so first I downloaded python.. unpackaged it from .tar.xz now its just python-3.4.2 then I navigated to the dir in terminal.. then ran the ./configure make make test sudo make install commands which took like 10 minutes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marniwild
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Ubuntu / PERL ]Problem installing WWW::Mechanize mod

Hello everyone, I've got some problem intalling a perl module. The installation is well done as you can see below. gueg@ux31:~$ sudo apt-get install libwww-mechanize-perl Lecture des listes de paquets... Fait Construction de l'arbre des dépendances Lecture des informations d'état...... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tot94
4 Replies
CREATEDB(1)						  PostgreSQL Client Applications					       CREATEDB(1)

NAME
createdb - create a new PostgreSQL database SYNOPSIS
createdb [ options... ] [ dbname ] [ description ] DESCRIPTION
createdb creates a new PostgreSQL database. Normally, the database user who executes this command becomes the owner of the new database. However a different owner can be specified via the -O option, if the executing user has appropriate privileges. createdb is a shell script wrapper around the SQL command CREATE DATABASE [create_database(7)] via the PostgreSQL interactive terminal psql(1). Thus, there is nothing special about creating databases via this or other methods. This means that the psql program must be found by the script and that a database server must be running at the targeted port. Also, any default settings and environment variables avail- able to psql and the libpq front-end library will apply. OPTIONS
createdb accepts the following command-line arguments: dbname Specifies the name of the database to be created. The name must be unique among all PostgreSQL databases in this installation. The default is to create a database with the same name as the current system user. description This optionally specifies a comment to be associated with the newly created database. -D location --location location Specifies the alternative location for the database. See also initlocation(1). -e --echo Echo the queries that createdb generates and sends to the server. -E encoding --encoding encoding Specifies the character encoding scheme to be used in this database. -O owner --owner owner Specifies the database user who will own the new database. -q --quiet Do not display a response. -T template --template template Specifies the template database from which to build this database. The options -D, -E, -O, and -T correspond to options of the underlying SQL command CREATE DATABASE [create_database(7)]; see there for more information about them. createdb also accepts the following command-line arguments for connection parameters: -h host --host host Specifies the host name of the machine on which the server is running. If host begins with a slash, it is used as the directory for the Unix domain socket. -p port --port port Specifies the Internet TCP/IP port or the local Unix domain socket file extension on which the server is listening for connections. -U username --username username User name to connect as -W --password Force password prompt. DIAGNOSTICS
CREATE DATABASE The database was successfully created. createdb: Database creation failed. (Says it all.) createdb: Comment creation failed. (Database was created.) The comment/description for the database could not be created. The database itself will have been created already. You can use the SQL command COMMENT ON DATABASE to create the comment later on. If there is an error condition, the backend error message will be displayed. See CREATE DATABASE [create_database(7)] and psql(1) for pos- sibilities. ENVIRONMENT
PGDATABASE If set, the name of the database to create, unless overridden on the command line. PGHOST PGPORT PGUSER Default connection parameters. PGUSER also determines the name of the database to create, if it is not specified on the command line or by PGDATABASE. EXAMPLES
To create the database demo using the default database server: $ createdb demo CREATE DATABASE The response is the same as you would have gotten from running the CREATE DATABASE SQL command. To create the database demo using the server on host eden, port 5000, using the LATIN1 encoding scheme with a look at the underlying query: $ createdb -p 5000 -h eden -E LATIN1 -e demo CREATE DATABASE "demo" WITH ENCODING = 'LATIN1' CREATE DATABASE SEE ALSO
dropdb(1), CREATE DATABASE [create_database(7)] Application 2002-11-22 CREATEDB(1)