Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Specify the raw format
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Specify the raw format Post 303024106 by LinuxPlayer1809 on Sunday 30th of September 2018 02:58:46 AM
Old 09-30-2018
hey thank you so much such a newbiee mistake sorry for wasting ur time omg..
thanks so much for quick answer. its is starting up after fixing the path in the setup script

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

raw partitions

i want to know, how do i to create a rwa partttions in unixware 7 wit raid 5 best regards felix arteaga (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: farteaga
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Raw vs. Filesystem?

Maybe this is the wrong forum to start this debate and I apologize if it is, but I have been wondering for some time which is better to use for a database, raw or filesystem? By better I mean don't just mean better performance but also ease of maintenance, etc. I know that several years ago it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: keelba
5 Replies

3. Solaris

About raw partition

Hi I have solaris 8 installed on Intel machine. the disk I have is IDE. I would like to know how can I create a raw partition on an IDE disk. Regards, Raja (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
2 Replies

4. AIX

Raw I/o

Is there any system call available in AIX to read the size of raw disk? If I use the command "lspv -L",it only gives size of PVs on which file system is there. I need to extract the size raw disk i.e. file system is not there on the disk. Thanks, Megha (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MeghaV
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using the Raw command

Hi, What is a Raw command and how does it work? We have to print out a large report from our database numerically and wanted to know how it can be done. :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nov_user
1 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Raw volumes

The query is as follows : A typical server configs when using Oracle or any other type of DB is to install the OS + DB binaries on the internal disks of the relevant server e.g. Disk 1 : OS + SW + DB binaries Disk 2 : Mirror of disk 1 (used for resiliency) Then one uses an external array... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kekanap
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Command to format Oracle ASM raw disk

Hi, Can any one please provide the command to format an Oracle Raw Disk in Solaris 10. I have been used the following commands: dd if=/dev/zero of=<raw disk path> Thanks ---------- Post updated at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:11 AM ---------- Well this didn't give... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
0 Replies

8. Programming

Raw devices in C

Hi guys. what is the benefits of using raw devices in programming? which applications mostly use raw devices? how can i use raw devices in C programs? is there any system calls or library functions? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
1 Replies
ARITHMETIC(6)							   Games Manual 						     ARITHMETIC(6)

NAME
arithmetic - provide drill in number facts SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/arithmetic [ +-x/ ] [ range ] DESCRIPTION
Arithmetic types out simple arithmetic problems, and waits for an answer to be typed in. If the answer is correct, it types back "Right!", and a new problem. If the answer is wrong, it replies "What?", and waits for another answer. Every twenty problems, it publishes statis- tics on correctness and the time required to answer. To quit the program, type an interrupt (delete). The first optional argument determines the kind of problem to be generated; +-x/ respectively cause addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division problems to be generated. One or more characters can be given; if more than one is given, the different types of problems will be mixed in random order; default is +- Range is a decimal number; all addends, subtrahends, differences, multiplicands, divisors, and quotients will be less than or equal to the value of range. Default range is 10. At the start, all numbers less than or equal to range are equally likely to appear. If the respondent makes a mistake, the numbers in the problem which was missed become more likely to reappear. As a matter of educational philosophy, the program will not give correct answers, since the learner should, in principle, be able to calcu- late them. Thus the program is intended to provide drill for someone just past the first learning stage, not to teach number facts de novo. For almost all users, the relevant statistic should be time per problem, not percent correct. ARITHMETIC(6)