Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Specify the raw format
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Specify the raw format Post 303024091 by LinuxPlayer1809 on Saturday 29th of September 2018 05:34:20 AM
Old 09-29-2018
Specify the raw format

Hey friends,
i am trying to set up a raspbian wheezy vm on ma Unbuntu using qemu.
when i try to run the setup command the error is:
Specify the raw format-qemupng

i tried to find something here in the forum but did not find anything. i was searching like 15 min pls dont roast me if there is a post explaining it.
Smilie
Code:
qemu raspbian wheezy

Last edited by LinuxPlayer1809; 09-30-2018 at 02:44 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

raw partitions

i want to know, how do i to create a rwa partttions in unixware 7 wit raid 5 best regards felix arteaga (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: farteaga
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Raw vs. Filesystem?

Maybe this is the wrong forum to start this debate and I apologize if it is, but I have been wondering for some time which is better to use for a database, raw or filesystem? By better I mean don't just mean better performance but also ease of maintenance, etc. I know that several years ago it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: keelba
5 Replies

3. Solaris

About raw partition

Hi I have solaris 8 installed on Intel machine. the disk I have is IDE. I would like to know how can I create a raw partition on an IDE disk. Regards, Raja (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
2 Replies

4. AIX

Raw I/o

Is there any system call available in AIX to read the size of raw disk? If I use the command "lspv -L",it only gives size of PVs on which file system is there. I need to extract the size raw disk i.e. file system is not there on the disk. Thanks, Megha (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MeghaV
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using the Raw command

Hi, What is a Raw command and how does it work? We have to print out a large report from our database numerically and wanted to know how it can be done. :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nov_user
1 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Raw volumes

The query is as follows : A typical server configs when using Oracle or any other type of DB is to install the OS + DB binaries on the internal disks of the relevant server e.g. Disk 1 : OS + SW + DB binaries Disk 2 : Mirror of disk 1 (used for resiliency) Then one uses an external array... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kekanap
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Command to format Oracle ASM raw disk

Hi, Can any one please provide the command to format an Oracle Raw Disk in Solaris 10. I have been used the following commands: dd if=/dev/zero of=<raw disk path> Thanks ---------- Post updated at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:11 AM ---------- Well this didn't give... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
0 Replies

8. Programming

Raw devices in C

Hi guys. what is the benefits of using raw devices in programming? which applications mostly use raw devices? how can i use raw devices in C programs? is there any system calls or library functions? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
1 Replies
QEMU-NBD(8)															       QEMU-NBD(8)

NAME
qemu-nbd - QEMU Disk Network Block Device Server SYNOPSIS
usage: qemu-nbd [OPTION]... filename DESCRIPTION
Export Qemu disk image using NBD protocol. OPTIONS
filename is a disk image filename -p, --port=port port to listen on (default B<1024>) -o, --offset=offset offset into the image -b, --bind=iface interface to bind to (default B<0.0.0.0>) -k, --socket=path Use a unix socket with path I<path> -r, --read-only export read-only -P, --partition=num only expose partition I<num> -s, --snapshot use snapshot file -n, --nocache disable host cache -c, --connect connect FILE to NBD device DEV -d, --disconnect disconnect the specified device -e, --shared=num device can be shared by I<num> clients (default B<1>) -t, --persistent don't exit on the last connection -v, --verbose display extra debugging information -h, --help display this help and exit -V, --version output version information and exit SEE ALSO
qemu-img(1) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2006 Anthony Liguori <anthony@codemonkey.ws>. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. 2010-07-01 QEMU-NBD(8)