Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Add NA When String is not found Post 303024043 by shamrock on Thursday 27th of September 2018 11:16:04 AM
Old 09-27-2018
Provide a sample of your input file....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display only found string

Is there a way for grep to output only the found string and not the whole line? I have a ksh script which reads in a file and loops through every line looking up on a grep -f list. For it to only display only the string found i pass this to awk as a variable and loop through the list file using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cranie
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for string and display those NOT found

In my script I read a input file and search all the files in a directory and it's sub-directories for that string using: find . -type f -print | xargs grep $var1 This just displays all the lines the string was found on. Too much data. What I need is to store in a file one time those... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Rihn
17 Replies

3. Solaris

Can't install Unicode::String due to String.so not found

CPAN.pm: Going to build G/GA/GAAS/Unicode-String-2.09.tar.gz Checking if your kit is complete... Looks good Writing Makefile for Unicode::String cp String.pm blib/lib/Unicode/String.pm cp lib/Unicode/CharName.pm blib/lib/Unicode/CharName.pm /usr/bin/perl /usr/perl5/5.8.4/lib/ExtUtils/xsubpp... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatrickBaer
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a string with another string is found

finding a string with another string is found EX: abs c/- i want to find /-, then copy abs. i know it's easy use awk, but my problem is the substr syntax. substr($2,2,2) will give me /- but the conflict is /- is not always the second characted of the second string. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: engr.jay
11 Replies

5. Linux

Find String in FileName and move the String to new File if not found

Hi all, I have a question.. Here is my requirement..I have 500 files in a path say /a/b/c I have some numbers in a file which are comma seperated...and I wanted to check if the numbers are present in the FileName in the path /a/b/c..if the number is there in the file that is fine..but if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: us_pokiri
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep on string and printing line after until another string has been found

Hello Everyone, I just started scripting this week. I have no background in programming or scripting. I'm working on a script to grep for a variable in a log file Heres what the log file looks like. The x's are all random clutter xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx START: xxxxxxxxxxxx... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rxc23816
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a string and write a value to next line of found string

Hi, I have two variables x and y. i need to find a particular string in a file, a workflow name and then insert the values of x and y into the next lines of the workflow name. basically it is like as below wf_xxxxxx $$a= $$b= $$c= figo $$d=bentley i need to grep the 'wf_xxxx' and then... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: angel12345
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append a string on the next line after a pattern string is found

Right now, my code is: s/Secondary Ins./Secondary Ins.\ 1/g It's adding a 1 as soon as it finds Secondary Ins. Primary Ins.: MEDICARE B DMERC Secondary Ins. 1: CONTINENTAL LIFE INS What I really want to achieve is having a 1 added on the next line that contain "Secondary Ins." It... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbeee
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify a file by another file: add new line and variable after string is found

hello, I have problem with writing/adjusting a shell script. I searched forum and unfortunately couldn't write scipt based on the information I found. I never wtire such so it's hard for me and I do need to modify one script immediately. case looks like: 1. 'file' that needs to be modified... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bipbip
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get 20 lines above string found, and 35 below string

i want to search a log for a string. when that string is found, i want to grab the a set number of lines that came before the string, and a set number of lines that come after the string. so if i search for the word "Error" in the /var/log/messages file, how can I output the 20 lines that came... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies
load_sample(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					      load_sample(3alleg4)

NAME
load_sample - Loads a sample from a file. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> SAMPLE *load_sample(const char *filename); DESCRIPTION
Loads a sample from a file, supporting both mono and stereo WAV and mono VOC files, in 8 or 16-bit formats, as well as formats handled by functions registered using register_sample_file_type(). Example: SAMPLE *sample = load_sample(user_input); if (!sample) abort_on_error("Couldn't load sample!"); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the SAMPLE or NULL on error. Remember to free this sample later to avoid memory leaks. SEE ALSO
destroy_sample(3alleg4), load_voc(3alleg4), load_wav(3alleg4), play_sample(3alleg4), save_sample(3alleg4), register_sam- ple_file_type(3alleg4), exsample(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 load_sample(3alleg4)