Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Parsing via sed issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing via sed issue Post 303024018 by RudiC on Thursday 27th of September 2018 04:00:43 AM
Old 09-27-2018
@bakunin: I'm afraid the -n option suppresses ANY printout regardless of lines being deleted (by the regexes found) or not. With the -n removed the solutions is close to the ones proposed in the requestor's other thread. Please continue discussions over there. This duplicate thread is closed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sed parsing

hi , i would like to parse some file with the fallowing data : data data data "unwanted data" data data "unwanted data" data data data data #unwanted data. what i want it to have any coments between "" and after # to be erased using awk or/and sed. has anyone an idea? thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Darsh
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing logfiles (performance issue)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi All, I am reading some logfiles and parsing data and printing to some textfile. Here is my code OLDIFS=$IFS IFS=' ' # just a newline, in single quotes while read data do if then #Parsing the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: subin_bala
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing issue with edi file

Hello, We have edi files we need to do some extra parsing on. There is a line that shows up that looks like this: GE|8,845|000000000 We need to parse the file, find the line ( that begins with GE "^GE" ), and remove the comma(s). What is the easiest way to do that ? I know I can grab... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fwellers
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with parsing config variables

I am using MKS tool kit on windows server. One config variable is defined in windows environment and I am trying to use that variable. # Below RootDir is defined in windows RootDir="\\f01\var" # in unix script details="$RootDir/src|$RootDir/tgt" src=`echo $details|awk -F '|' '{print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhukalyan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing issue

Scripting geeks please advice how this script should parse the input parameter to File Name convention to search the strings. Enclosed is the basic view of the search architecture. ##******************************************************************************************************* ## ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing cron with sed

Hello I want to convert my cron list into a csv Can you please help me with sed ? eg: Convert #06,21,36,51 * * 1,2 * (. ~/.profile ; timex /some/path/script -30 -15) >> /some/path/logfile2 2>&1 * * * * * (. ~/.profile ; timex /some/path/script2) > /some/path/logfile2 To:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed (parsing value)

All, Can somebody provide me with some sed expertise on how to parse the following line. 27-MAR-2011 10:28:01 * (CONNECT_DATA=(SID=dmart)(CID=(PROGRAM=sqlplus)(HOST=mtasnprod1)(USER=mtasnord))) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=10.197.7.47)(PORT=54881)) * establish * dmart * 0 I would like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing issue while reading excel having 3000 record

Hi Need urgent help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: premp26
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with awk script parsing log file

Hello All, I am trying to parse a log file and i got this code from one of the good forum colleagues, However i realised later there is a problem with this awk script, being naive to awk world wanted to see if you guys can help me out. AWK script: awk '$1 ~ "^WRITER_" {p=1;next}... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
18 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in awk parsing under while loop

Hi I am trying to parse a grep output using awk. It works fine individually and not working under the loop with variable name assigned. cat > file.txt dict=/dictr/abcd/d1/wq:/dictr/abcd/d2/wq:/dictr/abcd/d3/wq: sample tried code Nos=`grep -w "dict" file.txt | awk -F"=" '{print... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananan
10 Replies
rubibtex(1)							       teTeX							       rubibtex(1)

NAME
rubibtex - make a bibliography for (La)TeX using Russian letters as item names SYNOPSIS
rubibtex BASENAME DESCRIPTION
rubibtex is used to run bibtex(1) on auxiliary files with Russian characters in item names (citation keys). It is part of the T2 package. rubibtex copies the auxiliary file to /tmp, uses sed(1) to convert Cyrillic character commands to their 8-bit ASCII equivalents; runs bib- tex(1) on the modified file; and finally moves the original auxiliary file back (overwriting the modified file). rubibtex assumes that the bibtex(1) database (bib) files are encoded with the KOI8-R encoding. FILES
basename.aux LaTeX auxiliary file BUGS
None known, but report any bugs found to the authors. COPYRIGHT
The T2 package is Copyright 1997-1999 Werner Lemberg, Vladimir Volovich and any individual authors listed elsewhere in package files. It may be distributed under the conditions of the LaTeX Project Public License, either version 1.1 of this license or (at your option) any later version. SEE ALSO
bibtex(1), sed(1), <ftp://ftp.vsu.ru/pub/tex/T2/README>. AUTHOR
Werner Lemberg <wl@gnu.org>, Vladimir Volovich <TeX@vvv.vsu.ru>. This manual page was written by C.M. Connelly <c@eskimo.com>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. It may be used by other distributions with- out contacting the author. Any mistakes or omissions in the manual page are my fault; inquiries about or corrections to this manual page should be directed to me (and not to the primary author). teTeX October 2000 rubibtex(1)