Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Solaris 9 Home Directory, Two Machines Sharing a NAS Post 303023981 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 26th of September 2018 04:11:11 PM
Old 09-26-2018
My understanding is that the two Solaris boxes NFS-mount the same file system from another box, a NAS (Network Attached Storage) box.
Perfectly normal.
But there is no common naming service in place, so users were created on each Solaris box and got different UIDs.
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

sharing a directory

Im trying to simply share a directory on one unix server and mount that share on a different unix server. There is no "share" command like on sun. What is the command to create a share on HP-UX? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bski
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Printer Sharing on a Mixed(Windows/Linux) Home Network

Sometimes you get the tiger...but sometimes he get you and this latest home network “project” of mine has gnawed on me pretty badly. Perhaps you can offer some technical help. It will be heartily appreciated. I have a small home network initially comprising two computers running Windows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Annatar
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounting NAS Drive on solaris

Hi, Im running 32-bit solaris on sparc. We have a NAS(Network attached drive), with its IP address, username and password. I'd like to be able to mount it on the solaris machine, and unmount it. The best possibility would be able to mount it simulataneously on 2 or more systems. Please... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
9 Replies

4. Solaris

NISuser home directory movement in Solaris

How to move home directory of NIS user from one system to another system in Solaris. Thanks & Regards Durgaprasad (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh autologin issue when both machines are having same ~home directory

Hi, I have two machines. M1 and M2 and having a generic id catadm, these two machines having common mount of /u/catadm directory. with this setup, ssh autologin is failing for me and asking me to enter password when i try autologin using this generc id from M1 to M2 catadm-M1$ ssh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Sharing a local disk between to solaris machines

Hi, I recently added a disk on a solaris 9 and I wanted to make it accessible for another machine, using the same name here is what i did : On the machine holding the internal disk in vfstab i added the line /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s4 /dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s4 /SHARED2 ufs 2 yes ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zionassedo
2 Replies

7. Solaris

NFS with a NAS: permanently inconsistent directory state across clients

Hi, I am having some NFS directory consistency problems with the below setup on a local (192.) network: 1. Different permissions (chmod) for the same NFS dir are reflected on different clients. 2. (more serious) an NFS dir created on client1 cannot be accessed on client2; this applies to some... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmojetz
10 Replies
GENBOX(1)						      General Commands Manual							 GENBOX(1)

NAME
genrbox - generate a RADIANCE description of a box SYNOPSIS
genrbox mat name xsiz ysiz zsiz [ -i ][ -r rad | -b bev ] DESCRIPTION
Genbox produces a RADIANCE scene description of a parallelepiped with one corner at the origin and the opposite corner at (xsiz, ysiz, zsiz). The sides of the box will be parallel to the three coordinate planes. The surfaces that make up the box will be modified by mat and their identifiers will begin with name. The -i option can be used to produce a box with inward directed surface normals. The -r option can be used to specify the radius for rounded edges. The -b option can be used to specify the indentation for beveled edges. EXAMPLE
To produce a rectangular box made of wood with beveled edges: genrbox wood box1 5 8 3 -b .5 > box1 AUTHOR
Greg Ward BUGS
Because spheres and cylinders are used to construct boxes with rounded edges, a transparent box of this type appears quite messy. SEE ALSO
genrev(1), gensurf(1), genworm(1), rpict(1), rvu(1), xform(1) RADIANCE
11/15/93 GENBOX(1)