Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unable to ssh and list files in local directory from remote. Post 303023963 by sadique.manzar on Wednesday 26th of September 2018 11:50:29 AM
Old 09-26-2018
Yes directory is there.

but ls is trying to run on local path after ssh so its unable to find the path.

My requirement is ssh connection established
if true then list files of /var/source/logging/target/d2/logging/target/fixed and copied to $dpi_42_fixed_currentFileList (local directory )
if connection failed
then
copy $dpi_42_fixed_pulledFileList $trnsnt_dpi42_fixed_currentList

Kindly guide how can i achieve that.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

unable to ssh to remote host

server is ok, I can login on console. however, when I use SSH teachia, there is no repsond. i have check ps-ef | grep ssh, it shows ok. restart ssh too. still not working. Anything else I need to check? # ps -ef | grep ssh root 24706 1 0 Jun 12 ? 0:00... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP files from different directory from remote server to one directory in local

Hi All, I want to search for .log files from folders and sub folders in remote server and FTP them to one particular folder in the local machine. I dont want to copy the entire directory tree structure, just have to take all the .log files from all the folders by doing a recursive search from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dassv
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File listing from remote to local directory

Hello, I have a file at remote server. I have to select only current day's files that are dropped on ftp server. The files do not have date or timestamp on them. so I plan to get the file listing from remote server to the local server. Based on file listing date I can find out when the files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh sending local variable to remote system

I am running a useradd script, which works locally but I want to take some of that local information and send it to a remote system, ssh keys are set up between the two systems. I am attaching the script, look at the section titled "Sending information to FTP2" Removed attachment, added... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: slufoot80
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replicate remote directory to local directory with ftp

I have system that generate files every 1 hours , i only have ftp connection from my local server to remote . $ ls -al -rw-r--r-- 1 water None 0 Feb 7 18:09 a.0800 -rw-r--r-- 1 water None 0 Feb 7 18:09 a.0900 -rw-r--r-- 1 water None 0 Feb 7 18:09 a.1000 is there any perl / php... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Compare local & remote Files over ssh?

I want to make a script to compare list of files in terms of its size on local & remote server whose names are same & this is required over ssh. How can I accomplish this. Any help would be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to ssh to remote server

Hi, I have two SunOs sparc servers mac1 and mac2. I have exchanged keys between them inorder to passwordless login ssh from mac1 to mac2. However, it is failing after authentication. Part of the debug is as below. Please suggest whats wrong and how do i fix that!! Note: i do not have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Unable to list files in a directory

Hi have a system running solaris with a mount point running 58% capacity used, but unfortunately when I type ls -lrtin a specific directory, it returns: ls: Not enough space. I suspect there are millions of files in this directory. So what I did is to create a script like this: touch -mt... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using expect to remote SSH and write to a local file

Hi Guys, So what I am trying to do is : Host A should do a SSH to Host B to F. Login to the remote host and gather the output of uptime and write to to a file in HostA. So by the end of the script, HostA should contain a file that contains the uptime output of Host B,C,D,E,F. Right now... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting SSH Output From Remote to Local Session?

Hi everyone, after about 2 days of scratching my head on this one, I'm finally ready to punt this and ask for some actual help. Here's the situation. We have 1 server, that runs multiple VM's. To gain access to those VM's we ssh from host01 to the other vm hosts. For example when we first log... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
4 Replies
SVN::Notify::Mirror::Rsync(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   SVN::Notify::Mirror::Rsync(3pm)

NAME
SVN::Notify::Mirror::Rsync - Mirror a repository path via Rsync SYNOPSIS
Use svnnotify in post-commit: svnnotify --repos-path "$1" --revision "$2" --handler Mirror::Rsync --to "/path/to/local/htdocs" [--svn-binary /full/path/to/svn] --rsync-host remote_server [--rsync-delete=[yes|no]] [--rsync-dest "/path/on/remote/server"] [--rsync-args arg1 [--rsync-args arg2...]] [[--rsync-ssh] [--ssh-user remote_user] [--ssh-identity /home/user/.ssh/id_rsa]] or better yet, use SVN::Notify::Config for a more sophisticated setup: #!/usr/bin/perl -MSVN::Notify::Config=$0 --- #YAML:1.0 '': PATH: "/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin" 'path/in/repository': handler: Mirror to: "/path/to/www/htdocs" 'some/other/path/in/repository': handler: Mirror to: "/path/to/local/www/htdocs" rsync-host: "remote_host" rsync-dest: "/path/on/remote/www/htdocs" ssh-user: "remote_user" ssh-identity: "/home/user/.ssh/id_rsa" DESCRIPTION
Keep a directory in sync with a portion of a Subversion repository. Typically used to keep a development web server in sync with the changes made to the repository. This directory can either be on the same box as the repository itself, or it can be remote (via SSH connection). USAGE
Depending on whether the target is a "Local Mirror" or a Remote Mirror, there are different options available. All options are available either as a commandline option to svnnotify or as a hash key in SVN::Notify::Config (see their respective documentation for more details). Working Copy on Local host Because 'svn export' is not able to be consistently updated, the local rsync'd directory must be a full working copy. The remote server will only contain the ordinary files (no Subversion admin files). The files in the working copy must be writeable (preferrably owned) by the user identity executing the hook script (this is the user identity that is running Apache or svnserve respectively). Local Mirror Please see " SVN::Notify::Mirror " for details. Remote Mirror Used for directories not located on the same machine as the repository itself. Typically, this might be a production web server located in a DMZ, so special consideration must be paid to security concerns. In particular, the remote mirror server may not be able to directly access the repository box. o rsync-host This value is required and must be the hostname or IP address of the remote host (where the mirror directories reside). o rsync-delete The default mode of operation is to delete remote files which are not present in the local working copy. NOTE: this will delete any unversioned files in the remote directory tree. Unless you have all of your files under version control, you should pass the "--no-rsync-delete" or "--rsync-delete no" option. o rsync-dest This optional value specifies the path to update on the remote host. If you do not specify this value, the same path as passed in as the "--to" parameter will be used (this may not be what you meant to do). o rsync-args This optional parameter can be used to pass additional commandline options to the rsync command. You can use this multiple times in order to pass multiple options. The default args are "--archive --compress". See the "rsync-ssh" options for using SSH instead of RSH (rather than pass those commands via "--rsync-args" o rsync-ssh This optional parameter signals that you wish to use SSH instead of whatever the default remote shell program is configured in your copy of rsync. You may need to set one or more of the "ssh-*" parameters as well. o ssh-user If the remote user is different than the local user executing the postcommit script, you can specify it with this parameter. You would often use this in conjunction with the next parameter. o ssh-identity This value may be optional and should be the full path to the local identity file being used to authenticate with the remote host. If you are setting the ssh-user to be something other than the local user name, you will typically also have to set the ssh-identity. AUTHOR
John Peacock <jpeacock@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005-2008 John Peacock This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. SEE ALSO
SVN::Notify, SVN::Notify::Config, SVN::Notify::Mirror perl v5.14.2 2012-07-04 SVN::Notify::Mirror::Rsync(3pm)