Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Mounting UFS on Solaris 10 to Solaris 11 Post 303023944 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 26th of September 2018 03:22:26 AM
Old 09-26-2018
The server:/pathname is a remote filesystem, by default NFS.
A /dev/pathname is a local filesystem, by default UFS (in Solaris <= 10, not sure with Solaris 11).

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris File system question ( UFS )

Hello all, I'm ufs file system, how can u use the same disk in another machine with the data in tact? to make it clear, I've an ufs FS in a mount point /file1 ( 8GB). now they decide to reintall the OS. After the reinstall, how can i get the same data as it is? will mounting the disk as /file1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

increasing ufs file system size in solaris

How do i increase the filesystem size on a root partition? There is a slice with root on it, its like 2 gigs and nothing else is broken out except home. I want to increase root filesystem (and slice) and break out /usr and /var. This is solaris 9, only has solaris volume manager on it. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Want to expand Solaris 10_x86 root UFS partition

OS: Solaris 10_x86. Problem: Server needs to be patched, but root "/" is near full. /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s0 4.2G 3.9G 284M 94% / The /exports/home dir has a lot more space, and I'd like to either move root "/" to it, or delete it all together: /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s7 12G ... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: b1f30
20 Replies

4. BSD

FreeBSD compatibility with Solaris UFS filesystem?

Hi, I'm new to BSD and would like to create a dual-boot between Solaris Express Community Edition and FreeBSD. I would just like to know if the Solaris UFS file system can be written to by BSD? I know that BSD uses UFS2, but I'm hoping that it is backwards compatible with UFS1 provided that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johnny SSH
0 Replies

5. Solaris

UFS on solaris 10, compatible with solaris 8?

we have a server runnning solaris 10 (sparc) this server is attached the a SAN (HP EVA) we created 23 LUN's and filled them with data. the we unmounted them and tried to attach the LUN's to a solaris 8 system. this is where thing get strange... when we just mount the LUN's it works... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: robsonde
9 Replies

6. Solaris

Installing ZFS on an existing Solaris 10 install (UFS)

Hello, I am new to Solaris so i apologize upfront if my questions seem trivial. I am trying to install a ZFS file system on a Solaris 10 machine with UFS already installed on it. I want to run: # zpool create pool_zfs c0t0d0 then: # zfs create pool_zfs/fs My question is more to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcdef
3 Replies

7. Solaris

ufs slices info in solaris

how do you get start and end sector of a UFS slice? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Convert root UFS to ZFS on x86 solaris 10/09

Hello All, Good Morning, We are trying to convert the UFS root in to ZFS. Am getting below error. Any one help me out on this ? bash-3.00# zpool list NAME SIZE USED AVAIL CAP HEALTH ALTROOT guru 5.95G 483M 5.48G 7% ONLINE - bash-3.00# zpool create rpool c2t10d0p0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Deep checking Solaris ufs filesystem

I'm prompted to start this thread following my attempt to help on this thread here (see my posts). I was proposing the OP deep checked a Solaris ufs filesystem using: # fsck -o full <filesystem node> however this option does not appear to be valid on Solaris 10. I've used... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hicksd8
8 Replies
share(1M)																 share(1M)

NAME
share - make local resource available for mounting by remote systems SYNOPSIS
share [-F FSType] [-o specific_options] [-d description] [pathname] The share command exports, or makes a resource available for mounting, through a remote file system of type FSType. If the option -F FSType is omitted, the first file system type listed in /etc/dfs/fstypes is used as default. For a description of NFS specific options, see share_nfs(1M). pathname is the pathname of the directory to be shared. When invoked with no arguments, share displays all shared file sys- tems. -F FSType Specify the filesystem type. -o specific_options The specific_options are used to control access of the shared resource. (See share_nfs(1M) for the NFS specific options.) They may be any of the following: rw pathname is shared read/write to all clients. This is also the default behavior. rw=client[:client]... pathname is shared read/write only to the listed clients. No other systems can access pathname. ro pathname is shared read-only to all clients. ro=client[:client]... pathname is shared read-only only to the listed clients. No other systems can access pathname. Separate multiple options with commas. Separate multiple operands for an option with colons. See . -d description The -d flag may be used to provide a description of the resource being shared. Example 1: Sharing a Read-Only Filesystem This line will share the /disk file system read-only at boot time. share -F nfs -o ro /disk Example 2: Invoking Multiple Options The following command shares the filesystem /export/manuals, with members of the netgroup having read-only access and users on the speci- fied host having read-write access. share -F nfs -o ro=netgroup_name,rw=host1:host2:host3 /export/manuals /etc/dfs/dfstab list of share commands to be executed at boot time /etc/dfs/fstypes list of file system types, NFS by default /etc/dfs/sharetab system record of shared file systems See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ mountd(1M), nfsd(1M), share_nfs(1M), shareall(1M), unshare(1M), attributes(5) Export (old terminology): file system sharing used to be called exporting on SunOS 4.x, so the share command used to be invoked as exportfs(1B) or /usr/sbin/exportfs. If share commands are invoked multiple times on the same filesystem, the last share invocation supersedes the previous--the options set by the last share command replace the old options. For example, if read-write permission was given to usera on /somefs, then to give read- write permission also to userb on /somefs: example% share -F nfs -o rw=usera:userb /somefs This behavior is not limited to sharing the root filesystem, but applies to all filesystems. 9 Dec 2004 share(1M)