Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Mounting UFS on Solaris 10 to Solaris 11 Post 303023939 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 26th of September 2018 02:40:53 AM
Old 09-26-2018
Because 10.1.1.44:/export/home/amandeep/workspace is a NFS location.
You must mount this with "-F nfs" (without this option "mount" will automatically see it is NFS).
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris File system question ( UFS )

Hello all, I'm ufs file system, how can u use the same disk in another machine with the data in tact? to make it clear, I've an ufs FS in a mount point /file1 ( 8GB). now they decide to reintall the OS. After the reinstall, how can i get the same data as it is? will mounting the disk as /file1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

increasing ufs file system size in solaris

How do i increase the filesystem size on a root partition? There is a slice with root on it, its like 2 gigs and nothing else is broken out except home. I want to increase root filesystem (and slice) and break out /usr and /var. This is solaris 9, only has solaris volume manager on it. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Want to expand Solaris 10_x86 root UFS partition

OS: Solaris 10_x86. Problem: Server needs to be patched, but root "/" is near full. /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s0 4.2G 3.9G 284M 94% / The /exports/home dir has a lot more space, and I'd like to either move root "/" to it, or delete it all together: /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s7 12G ... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: b1f30
20 Replies

4. BSD

FreeBSD compatibility with Solaris UFS filesystem?

Hi, I'm new to BSD and would like to create a dual-boot between Solaris Express Community Edition and FreeBSD. I would just like to know if the Solaris UFS file system can be written to by BSD? I know that BSD uses UFS2, but I'm hoping that it is backwards compatible with UFS1 provided that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johnny SSH
0 Replies

5. Solaris

UFS on solaris 10, compatible with solaris 8?

we have a server runnning solaris 10 (sparc) this server is attached the a SAN (HP EVA) we created 23 LUN's and filled them with data. the we unmounted them and tried to attach the LUN's to a solaris 8 system. this is where thing get strange... when we just mount the LUN's it works... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: robsonde
9 Replies

6. Solaris

Installing ZFS on an existing Solaris 10 install (UFS)

Hello, I am new to Solaris so i apologize upfront if my questions seem trivial. I am trying to install a ZFS file system on a Solaris 10 machine with UFS already installed on it. I want to run: # zpool create pool_zfs c0t0d0 then: # zfs create pool_zfs/fs My question is more to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcdef
3 Replies

7. Solaris

ufs slices info in solaris

how do you get start and end sector of a UFS slice? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Convert root UFS to ZFS on x86 solaris 10/09

Hello All, Good Morning, We are trying to convert the UFS root in to ZFS. Am getting below error. Any one help me out on this ? bash-3.00# zpool list NAME SIZE USED AVAIL CAP HEALTH ALTROOT guru 5.95G 483M 5.48G 7% ONLINE - bash-3.00# zpool create rpool c2t10d0p0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Deep checking Solaris ufs filesystem

I'm prompted to start this thread following my attempt to help on this thread here (see my posts). I was proposing the OP deep checked a Solaris ufs filesystem using: # fsck -o full <filesystem node> however this option does not appear to be valid on Solaris 10. I've used... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hicksd8
8 Replies
MOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
mount.nfs, mount.nfs4 - mount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
mount.nfs remotetarget dir [-rvVwfnsh ] [-o options] DESCRIPTION
mount.nfs is a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. mount.nfs is meant to be used by the mount(8) command for mounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. remotetarget is a server share usually in the form of servername:/path/to/share. dir is the directory on which the file system is to be mounted. Under Linux 2.6.32 and later kernel versions, mount.nfs can mount all NFS file system versions. Under earlier Linux kernel versions, mount.nfs4 must be used for mounting NFSv4 file systems while mount.nfs must be used for NFSv3 and v2. OPTIONS
-r Mount file system readonly. -v Be verbose. -V Print version. -w Mount file system read-write. -f Fake mount. Don't actually call the mount system call. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip making an entry. -s Tolerate sloppy mount options rather than fail. -h Print help message. nfsoptions Refer to nfs(5) or mount(8) manual pages. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and mount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), mount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 5 Jun 2006 MOUNT.NFS(8)