Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with replacing hdisk1
Operating Systems AIX Help with replacing hdisk1 Post 303023907 by Neo on Tuesday 25th of September 2018 11:00:11 AM
Old 09-25-2018
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Posters should be careful when cutting-and-pasting into a post. In the post above, I wrapped the text posted by DanCampbell in 'no parse' tags, and then wrapped this yet again in code tags. We can easily see it is just a "cut-and-paste" mess; which we cannot take seriously. Thread closed.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX - create folder in hdisk1 instead

Dear All, I have two h.disks. Please advice for how to create a new folder/directory in hdisk1 instead of the hdisk0? I need to use the folder to store for xmlfiles for my application accessing to read it. Thank a lots. Best Regards, Tom (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lwy2020
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in replacing ??

hi all i have input file like this abc.txt filename.out: <TAB>ABC<TAB>9 <TAB>AKC<TAB>1 filename1.out: <TAB>XYZ<TAB>1 <TAB>XYN<TAB>4 and i am trying to replace \n\t with \t so that output will be like this: filename.out:<TAB>ABC<TAB>9<TAB>AKC<TAB>1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing using sed

its again sed question. i have line - sed "s/$old/$new/g" "$f" > $TFILE && mv $TFILE "$f" working well if old="myoldfile" new="mynewfile" but if i want old="/home/shailesh/1test/" new="/home/shailesh/workspace/" it gives error like sed: -e expression #1, char 9: unknown option to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shailesh_arya
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing of word

Hi all, I wanted to replace one word with another word pl help me to solve the same. example:- I wanted to replace RXOTX with RXOTRX in a perticuler file with hole. Regards, Ramesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramesh Vellanki
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing Characters

Hi All, I have a file which is delimeted with the character '. i need to replace this character with the same character and also a new line. Can anyone please help me with the tr command for this. Many thanks Karan (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: karansachdeva
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing Characters with |

Hi All, example data.log 526569346 66815531961 09 526569346 66815531961 09 526569346 66815531961 09 526569346 66815531961 09 526569346 66815531961 09 I want like this to 526569346|66815531961|09 526569346|66815531961|09... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing / to -

Hi, i am running a shell script where i have assigned a variable to the value passed. so my variable is var1="investment/portfolio/run.job" now i want to assign another variable var2 as "investment-portfolio-run.out" how can i do it using awk or something else.... thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing \n,\n with ,

Hi everyone, I've read lots of posts about tr and sed and such, I haven't been able to get out of this one. I have a file, like this: 1 , Jelle 2 , SandraThe only thing it needs to do is delete the enter between the number and the name. So, it needs to replace \n,\n with , ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: skerit
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing tags

Hi , I have a file ...it's like a xml file. File 1: <tag1> Value11</tag1><tag2>value12</tag2> <tag1>Value21</tag1> ...... Continues Now what I want as output is Value11|value12 Value21|| ......Continues This is just learning purpose. I tried reading each line, then parsing... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
14 Replies

10. AIX

Change lv REGION in HDISK1

Dears my rootvg is missed up i can not extend the /opt as soon as i try to extend the Filesystem its give me that there is not enough space . as there any way to change the REGION of the LVs in HDISK1 ? lspv -p hdisk0 hdisk0: PP RANGE STATE REGION LV NAME TYPE ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
8 Replies
CABEXTRACT(1)						      General Commands Manual						     CABEXTRACT(1)

NAME
cabextract - program to extract files from Microsoft cabinet (.cab) archives SYNOPSIS
cabextract [-ddir] [-f] [-Fpattern] [-h] [-l] [-L] [-p] [-q] [-s] [-t] [-v] cabinet files ... DESCRIPTION
cabextract is a program that un-archives files in the Microsoft cabinet file format (.cab) or any binary file which contains an embedded cabinet file (frequently found in .exe files). cabextract will extract all files from all cabinet files specified on the command line. To extract a multi-part cabinet consisting of several files, only the first cabinet file needs to be given as an argument to cabextract as it will automatically look for the remaining files. To prevent cabextract from extracting cabinet files you did not specify, use the -s option. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -d dir Extracts all files into the directory dir. -f When testing or extracting cabinet files, corrupted MSZIP blocks will be ignored. A warning will be printed if a corrupted MSZIP block is encountered. -F pattern Only files with names that match the shell pattern pattern shall be listed, tested or extracted. On non-GNU systems, this match may be case-sensitive. -h Prints a page of help and exits. -l Lists the contents of the given cabinet files, rather than extracting them. -L When extracting cabinet files, makes each extracted file's name lowercase. -p Files shall be extracted to standard output. -q When extracting cabinet files, suppresses all messages except errors and warnings. -s When testing, listing or extracting cabinets which span multiple files, only cabinet files given on the command line shall be used. -t Tests the integrity of the cabinet. Files are decompressed, but not written to disk or standard output. If the file successfully decompresses, the MD5 checksum of the file is printed. -v If given alone on the command line, prints the version of cabextract and exits. Given with a list of cabinet files, it will list the contents of the cabinet files. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Stuart Caie <kyzer@4u.net>, based on the one written by Eric Sharkey <sharkey@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. SEE ALSO
lcab(1) October 30, 2005 CABEXTRACT(1)