Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Search for the information at file Post 303023840 by RudiC on Monday 24th of September 2018 01:43:41 AM
Old 09-24-2018
Still quite unspecific; a lot to guess left over. Try

Code:
grep -Ffvariable_data analog/[a-z][0-9]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed search and read the RHS information: Linux 2.6.9-89

Hi, I have a config_file.cfg with the content: FILE_ID_1=1 FILE_FTP_ID_1=<FTP_SERVER1.COM> .... FILE_ID_2=2 FILE_FTP_ID_2=<FTP_SERVER2.COM> .... so on for 28 times. As you might have guessed it; the script I have to write is to read this config file and get the FTP server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed help - search/copy from one file and search/paste to another

I am a newbie and would like some help with the following - Trying to search fileA for a string similar to - AS11000022010 30.4 31.7 43.7 53.8 60.5 71.1 75.2 74.7 66.9 56.6 42.7 32.5 53.3 I then want to replace that string with a string from fileB - ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create shell script to extract unique information from one file to a new file.

Hi to all, I got this content/pattern from file http.log.20110808.gz mail1 httpd: Account Notice: close igchung@abc.com 2011/8/7 7:37:36 0:00:03 0 0 1 mail1 httpd: Account Information: login sastria9@abc.com proxy sid=gFp4DLm5HnU mail1 httpd: Account Notice: close sastria9@abc.com... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_47
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search information in multiple files and save in new files

hi everyone, im stuck in here with shell :) can you help me?? i have a directory with alot files (genbank files ... all ended in .gbk ) more than 1000 for sure ... and i want to read each one of them and search for some information and if i found the right one i save in new file with new... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: andreia
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - use search keywords from array and search a file and print 3rd field when matched

Hi , I have been trying to write a perl script to do this job. But i am not able to achieve the desired result. Below is my code. my $current_value=12345; my @users=("bob","ben","tom","harry"); open DBLIST,"<","/var/tmp/DBinfo"; my @input = <DBLIST>; foreach (@users) { my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep? - using a file of terms to search another file when the information is on a different line

I have a flat file that looks like this, let's call it Chromosome_9.txt: FT /Gene_Name="Guanyl-Acetylase 9" FT /Gene_Number"36952" FT /Gene_Name="Endoplasmic Luciferase" FT /Gene_Number"36953" FT ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twinklefingers
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Obtaining File information based on String Search

Is there a single Command in Unix to get the following Information when searching for files containing one or more strings in a Unix Directory (including sub directories within it) : 1) Complete filename ( path and filename) 2) Owner of the file 3) Size of the file 4) Last Modified date... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchegoor
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieving the relevant search from search file in the main file

I have two files: file 1: hello.com neo.com,japan.com,example.com news.net xyz.com, telecom.net, highlands.net, software.com example2.com earth.net, abc.gov.uk file 2: neo.com example.com abc.gov.uk file 2 are the search keys to search in file 1 if any of the search... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: csim_mohan
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search file and print everything except multiple search terms

I'm trying to find a way to search a range of similar words in a file. I tried using sed but can't get it right:sed 's/\(ca01\)*//'It only removes "ca01" but leaves the rest of the word. I still want the rest of the information on the lines just not these specific words listed below. Any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read in search strings from text file, search for string in second text file and output to CSV

Hi guys, I have a text file named file1.txt that is formatted like this: 001 , ID , 20000 002 , Name , Brandon 003 , Phone_Number , 616-234-1999 004 , SSNumber , 234-23-234 005 , Model , Toyota 007 , Engine ,V8 008 , GPS , OFF and I have file2.txt formatted like this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: An0mander
2 Replies
DEFINED(3)								 1								DEFINED(3)

defined - Checks whether a given named constant exists

SYNOPSIS
bool defined (string $name) DESCRIPTION
Checks whether the given constant exists and is defined. Note If you want to see if a variable exists, use isset(3) as defined(3) only applies to constants. If you want to see if a function exists, use function_exists(3). PARAMETERS
o $name - The constant name. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE if the named constant given by $name has been defined, FALSE otherwise. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Checking Constants <?php /* Note the use of quotes, this is important. This example is checking * if the string 'TEST' is the name of a constant named TEST */ if (defined('TEST')) { echo TEST; } ?> SEE ALSO
define(3), constant(3), get_defined_constants(3), function_exists(3), The section on Constants. PHP Documentation Group DEFINED(3)