Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Activate command when computer is idle Post 303023797 by drew77 on Saturday 22nd of September 2018 05:33:40 PM
Old 09-22-2018
For example, I would like to terminate Seamonkey if there has been no mouse or keyboard input.

The script never executes the echo statement.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Slackware

how to activate USB mouse

:confused: I am using Linux for a while and now changed to slackware for my study and it is not as good as redhat everytime when you add this or that it needs either configure modules or recompile kernel Now I changed from PS/2 mouse to USB trouble starts it refuse to work I know I can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slackware
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do i activate php on linux....

i have activated mysql, and apache on my redhat 9 box, i went to mr BASH and wrote a php script, and it wouldn't execute. any help????????????????????????????????????? is there something that i need to activate??????? i have RUBY on there too,does it matter or no??? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbabeli
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run a script when your computer is idle

I am trying to run a script that I made when my computer is idle. How do I go about doing this. Thanks :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehansaeed
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

activate and deactivate

hi all by using gethostbyname, i can know whether the net is available or not. it is working fine when i activate or deactivate in neat. the problem is when i remove cable(netcable) it is not working proparly, i would like to know it. am using fedora5, AMD can u please help me . thank... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: munna_dude
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

How to activate a network interface?

What are the steps between "ifconfig eth0 UP" and "net_device->open"? ifconfig eth0 UP => ioctl(skfd, SIOCSIFFLAGS, &ifr) (ifr.ifr_flags = IFF_UP | IFF_RUNNING) => ????? => what are these steps? net_device->open Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samuncle
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

activate ftp from xinetd

Hello all, I´m trying to configure the ftp service (port 21) in a Red Hat Enterprise 4 from xinetd. Anybody have done this? Thank you in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mig28mx
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris user account de-activated, command to activate again

My admin has set password policy to de-activate user account if there is not login for 90 days. How can i re-activate user account w/o deleting, or changing user password. Thanks in advance Deeps (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin@solaris
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a process when the computer is idle?

Hi there, I wrote a script that scans a folder for new files. I don't want to run it at specific times but only when the computer is NOT busy. I tried to use nice but it doesn't really work. I mean, even if my process has less priority, it still slows down the other processes. I did a test... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the information about cpu idle from top command?

I am using Ubuntu 9.04. I want to write a shell script to get the information about cpu idle from top command at the real time when i call it, compare cpu idle with 20 (20%), if cpu idle > 20 exit 1, vice versa exit 0. Anybody can help me to resolve it ? Thanks alot. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: huyquocnguyen
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Idle command to kill the process running n unx box machine

Hi Team , I have one process named as cec_analysiseool that is running on unix box machine now i want to kill this process so please advise what will be the ideal command to kill this , what i have tried is :confused: kill -9 `ps -ef | grep cec_analysiseool | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'` (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclesamm
2 Replies
tk_focusNext(n) 					       Tk Built-In Commands						   tk_focusNext(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
tk_focusNext, tk_focusPrev, tk_focusFollowsMouse - Utility procedures for managing the input focus. SYNOPSIS
tk_focusNext window tk_focusPrev window tk_focusFollowsMouse _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
tk_focusNext is a utility procedure used for keyboard traversal. It returns the "next" window after window in focus order. The focus order is determined by the stacking order of windows and the structure of the window hierarchy. Among siblings, the focus order is the same as the stacking order, with the lowest window being first. If a window has children, the window is visited first, followed by its children (recursively), followed by its next sibling. Top-level windows other than window are skipped, so that tk_focusNext never returns a window in a different top-level from window. After computing the next window, tk_focusNext examines the window's -takefocus option to see whether it should be skipped. If so, tk_focusNext continues on to the next window in the focus order, until it eventually finds a window that will accept the focus or returns back to window. tk_focusPrev is similar to tk_focusNext except that it returns the window just before window in the focus order. tk_focusFollowsMouse changes the focus model for the application to an implicit one where the window under the mouse gets the focus. After this procedure is called, whenever the mouse enters a window Tk will automatically give it the input focus. The focus command may be used to move the focus to a window other than the one under the mouse, but as soon as the mouse moves into a new window the focus will jump to that window. Note: at present there is no built-in support for returning the application to an explicit focus model; to do this you will have to write a script that deletes the bindings created by tk_focusFollowsMouse. KEYWORDS
focus, keyboard traversal, top-level Tk 4.0 tk_focusNext(n)