Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to connect ASMI
Operating Systems AIX Unable to connect ASMI Post 303023792 by bakunin on Saturday 22nd of September 2018 03:41:23 PM
Old 09-22-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by filosophizer
OK, everything is fine, however now cannot connect to ASMI through browser,
using both HMC Ports
Default IP 1 = 192.168.2.147
Default IP 2 = 192.168.3.147
I haven't used an IBM p-Series without a HMC for such a long time that i am not sure i can help you off the top of my head here. However, there might be all sorts of problems putting obstacles into the IP-communication between your browser and the Serviceprocessor.

First off, it might be that the IP addresses have once been changed and i am not sure if a simple SP-reset really changes that back to the defaults. (That i am not sure means just that: i don't know. If you have information in the affirmative, then perhaps it is so.)

Second, there is a sure-fire way to connect to the SP, whatever its IP might be: go to the data centre, connect a crossed-out cable to the SP connector 1 or 2 and connect your system directly to it. I have a small netbook for these purposes with a Wireshark/Ethereal software installed, so i can identify even unknown or fogotten IP-adresses. Once you identified the IP-address you still need the ASMI password, which is, btw., completely separate!

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Unable to connect to HP-UX 11.11 via eXceed 7.1

Hello HP-UX Gurus, I am having issues trying to start an x-session via eXceed 7.1. When I bring up eXceed via XDMCP Braodcast I see the host name and IP Address but when I try to connect the X window does not come up. I made the modification to the following file “/etc/dt/config/Xaccess”... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smokie
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to connect to Internet

Hi friends recently i have installed SXDE 1/08 into my machine,and i installed wifi driver also its working fine,Recently i was unable to connect to Internet,I have not changed any configurations and any installations,thing is that i got my iwk0 interface is UP and IP address also and i can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivas2828
6 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Unable to connect using SFTP

I shall explain the situation that I am facing to the best extent possible. I require some help, as this situation is an urgent one. I am trying to automate sending data from one AIX machine to another. A script runs that tries to push data received from an upstream application to another AIX... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
7 Replies

4. AIX

Asmi errors

Hi friends How to clear the asmi deconfiguration errors.recently on cpu got deconfigured ibm assist to clear the error and to update the firmware please help me raj (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: senmak
0 Replies

5. AIX

Unable to connect VIO client

Hi I am facing very strange issue on my vio server 5 vio clients are confgured, now I am to connect 3 vio client , i am unable to connect 2 vio client my ip address,subnet mask,gateway is correct. i have rebooted and reconfigured the ip address, but issue is persists. Kindly suggest how to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

Unable to connect SSH from HP-UX

Hi, I'm trying to connect from an HP-UX with SSH2 client(ssh2 3.1.2 on hppa1.1-hp-hpux11.00) to an SSH2 server on a VxWorks system. The SSH connection is failing with the below connection logs: > /usr/local/bin/ssh2 -v -l testuser 10.10.10.10 debug: Ssh2/ssh2.c:1391: Using file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysafi
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to connect to SQL through unix

I am trying to connect to SQL plus through unix but i am getting below error 'ksh: sqlplus: not found' note i am running this from /home/xxx do i need to set any environmental variable for this. below is my code echo " hello world" sqlplus -s apps/CAF78GEN<<EOF set heading... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karnatis
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Unable to connect Wireless

I have managed to install Broadcom BCM43228 Wireless adapter on a laptop running CentOS 5.9 using instructions at: wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops/Wireless/Broadcom I had the problem "Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A): SET failed on device... mentioned on the same page and solved... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cooltoad
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Unable to connect to internet

Hello, I just installed CentOS 7 (Server with GUI) and guess what I could install Virtual Box Guest additions without installing any extra package/software which is great news ! Now bad news or not so great news. My Host OS is Windows 10, Virtual Box is the virtualization software. CentOS7-1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluemind2005
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Unable to connect using ftp

hi I am having issues when trying to connect using ftp, I am having the following error: User (10.100.48.73:(none)): moz 331 Password required for moza. Password: 530 Login incorrect. Login failed. ftp> by 221 Goodbye. I have created a user like this: useradd -g 10 -d /lam/moza -m -s... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
11 Replies
3(2005-06-09)															     3(2005-06-09)

NAME
CMPIInstance - CMPIInstance class implementation SYNOPSIS
Public Attributes int void * hdl Opaque pointer to class instance data. CMPIInstanceFT * ft Pointer to the Args Function Table. METHODS
CMPIStatus(* release )(CMPIInstance *inst) The Instance object will not be used any further and may be freed by CMPI run time system. CMPIInstance *(* clone )(CMPIInstance *inst, CMPIStatus *rc) Create an independent copy of this Instance object. CMPIData(* getProperty )(CMPIInstance *inst, const char *name, CMPIStatus *rc) Gets a named property value. CMPIData(* getPropertyAt )(CMPIInstance *inst, unsigned int index, CMPIString **name, CMPIStatus *rc) Gets a Property value defined by its index. unsigned int(* getPropertyCount )(CMPIInstance *inst, CMPIStatus *rc) Gets the number of properties contained in this Instance. CMPIStatus(* setProperty )(CMPIInstance *inst, const char *name, CMPIValue *value, CMPIType type) Adds/replaces a named Property. CMPIObjectPath *(* getObjectPath )(CMPIInstance *inst, CMPIStatus *rc) Generates an ObjectPath out of the namespace, classname and key propeties of this Instance. CMPIStatus(* setPropertyFilter )(CMPIInstance *inst, char **propertyList, char **keys) Directs CMPI to ignore any setProperty operations for this instance for any properties not in this list. DESCRIPTION
Native CMPIInstance implementation. This is the native CMPIInstance implementation as used for remote providers. It reflects the well-defined interface of a regular CMPIIn- stance, however, it works independently from the management broker. It is part of a native broker implementation that simulates CMPI data types rather than interacting with the entities in a full-grown CIMOM. SEE ALSO
Common Manageability Programming Interface (CMPI) - OpenGroup SFCBroker Client Library sfcc 3(2005-06-09)