Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script automation using cron which query's MySQL Tables Post 303023673 by kkpand on Thursday 20th of September 2018 05:47:29 PM
Old 09-20-2018
okay, I have issues writing the script in the first place (like I said, new to scripting and crontab etc.. )

so far,

I made a wrapper script:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
## command for topdown report genration
for value in {164,174,59,78} ## more business_ids can be added in the future
do
   sh run_script.sh $value 
done

exit 0

this successfully runs and writes the output file in a different location
output164.out
output174.out
etc....

I tried to schedule it every 38 minute, for this I tried in crontab:

Code:

38 * * * * /complete/path/run_script.sh 2>&1 | tee /complete/output_files_path/* | mail -s "test_report" abc@xyz.com

note: like I mentioned earlier, the output files are many (4 for now), so I used * in the path...

as of now:
I end up with error

mail - blank
spool/mail/user ----- null, hope it's okay

tee: /complete_output_path/output/: ---- is a directory

I need:
All the files in the output directory to be send as attachments to email distribution lists
example: output1.out ----- email1
output2.out ----- email2

please let me know how to make it happen..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tables to query to find users for database from shell script

I am coding shell script. I need to connect to different databases like DB2, Oracle and Sybase. I would then need to query tables where it has all the groups, users for that database. I would also need who has what kind of permissions. EG: I know for DB2 some TABAUTH table needs to be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a variable from shell script to mysql query?

I heard this was possible but from my research I haven't been able to figure it out yet. Seems it should be simple enough. Basically from a high level view I'm trying to accomplish... . $X='grep foo blah.log' then 'mysql command SELECT foo FROM bar WHERE ' . $X or something like that. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kero
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell Script automation

can someone look into this one please... I am struck at this point. I do not know what logic to be followed here. I can go ahead with my work only, if this step is done. Please Help. I have a process X in a shell script. Once the process X is done, it generates a log file. Process X is basically... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ss3944
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Truststore automation shell script

Please close this thread. I have raise this question in appropriate thread. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: KuldeepSinghTCS
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a shell script variable in a mysql query using 'LIKE'

Hello. I am writing a simple script that reads a text file and removes records from a mysql database. The items in the text file are of the format: firstname.middle.lastXXX, where XXX is a 3 digit number. The table has an email field that will match the firstname.middle.last. So, I thought I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bricoleur
1 Replies

7. Web Development

mysql query for multiple columns from multiple tables in a DB

Say I have two tables like below.. status HId sName dName StartTime EndTime 1 E E 9:10 10:10 2 E F 9:15 10:15 3 G H 9:17 10:00 logic Id devName capacity free Line 1 E 123 34 1 2 E 345 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using bash script : How to Import data from a dsv file into multiple tables in mysql

HI I have a dsv file that looks like: <<BOF>> record_number|id_number|first name|last name|msisdn|network|points|card number|gender 312|9101011234011|Test Junior|Smith|071 123 4321|MTN|73|1241551413214444|M 313|9012023213011|Bob|Smith|27743334321|Vodacom|3|1231233232323244|M... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tera
4 Replies
cron(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   cron(8)

NAME
cron - The system clock daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/cron DESCRIPTION
The cron daemon runs shell commands at specified dates and times. Commands that are to run according to a regular or periodic schedule are found within the crontab files. Commands that are to run once only are found within the at files. You submit crontab and at file entries by using the crontab and at commands. Because the cron process exits only when killed or when the system stops, only one cron daemon should exist on the system at any given time. Normally, you start the cron daemon from within a run command file. During process initialization and when cron detects a change, it examines the crontab and at files. This strategy reduces the overhead of checking for new or changed files at regularly scheduled intervals. The cron command creates a log of its activities. The cron daemon must be started from the system startup scripts because it must begin execution without a login user ID set. The cron daemon starts each job with the following process attributes stored with the job by the invoking process: Login user ID Effective and real user IDs Effective and real group IDs Supplementary groups It also establishes the following attributes from the authentication profile of the account associated with the login user ID of the invok- ing process: Audit control and disposition masks Kernel authorizations DIAGNOSTICS
The at and batch programs will refuse to accept jobs submitted from processes whose login user ID is different from the real user ID. FILES
Specifies the command path. Main cron directory Directory containing the crontab files. List of allowed users. List of denied users His- tory information for cron Queue description file for at, batch, and cron RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: at(1), crontab(1), rc0(8), rc2(8), rc3(8) Files: queuedefs(4) delim off cron(8)