Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script automation using cron which query's MySQL Tables Post 303023660 by Neo on Thursday 20th of September 2018 01:17:06 PM
Old 09-20-2018
If your code works from the command line it will work from cron, for the most part.

So you should get your script working from the command line before "worrying" about cron.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tables to query to find users for database from shell script

I am coding shell script. I need to connect to different databases like DB2, Oracle and Sybase. I would then need to query tables where it has all the groups, users for that database. I would also need who has what kind of permissions. EG: I know for DB2 some TABAUTH table needs to be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a variable from shell script to mysql query?

I heard this was possible but from my research I haven't been able to figure it out yet. Seems it should be simple enough. Basically from a high level view I'm trying to accomplish... . $X='grep foo blah.log' then 'mysql command SELECT foo FROM bar WHERE ' . $X or something like that. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kero
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell Script automation

can someone look into this one please... I am struck at this point. I do not know what logic to be followed here. I can go ahead with my work only, if this step is done. Please Help. I have a process X in a shell script. Once the process X is done, it generates a log file. Process X is basically... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ss3944
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Truststore automation shell script

Please close this thread. I have raise this question in appropriate thread. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: KuldeepSinghTCS
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a shell script variable in a mysql query using 'LIKE'

Hello. I am writing a simple script that reads a text file and removes records from a mysql database. The items in the text file are of the format: firstname.middle.lastXXX, where XXX is a 3 digit number. The table has an email field that will match the firstname.middle.last. So, I thought I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bricoleur
1 Replies

7. Web Development

mysql query for multiple columns from multiple tables in a DB

Say I have two tables like below.. status HId sName dName StartTime EndTime 1 E E 9:10 10:10 2 E F 9:15 10:15 3 G H 9:17 10:00 logic Id devName capacity free Line 1 E 123 34 1 2 E 345 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using bash script : How to Import data from a dsv file into multiple tables in mysql

HI I have a dsv file that looks like: <<BOF>> record_number|id_number|first name|last name|msisdn|network|points|card number|gender 312|9101011234011|Test Junior|Smith|071 123 4321|MTN|73|1241551413214444|M 313|9012023213011|Bob|Smith|27743334321|Vodacom|3|1231233232323244|M... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tera
4 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)