Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Different behavior between bash shell and bash script for cmd Post 303023606 by apmcd47 on Wednesday 19th of September 2018 05:59:32 PM
Old 09-19-2018
Not pretty, and I've invoked jq twice:
Code:
$ paste -d= <(<<<"$JSON" jq 'keys | .[]') <(<<<"$JSON" jq .[])
"Element1"="file-123456"
"Element2"="Name, of, company written in, a very weird way"
"Element3"="path/to/some/file.txt"

I imagine this will be safe in an eval:
Code:
eval $(paste -d= <(<<<"$JSON" jq 'keys | .[]') <(<<<"$JSON" jq .[]))

Andrew

====
Just checked - couldn't use it in an eval.

Last edited by apmcd47; 09-19-2018 at 07:06 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mimic bash history behavior

Does anyone know of a way to mimic the up arrow/down arrow type bash behavior within a shell script? Say I have a scripted menu, and would like to be able to up arrow to bring up the last X number of lines of user input? Thanks to anybody with a suggestion. :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sysera
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make your bash script run on a machine with csh and bash

hi, i have a script that runs on bash and would like to run it on a machine that has csh and bash. the default setting on that machine is csh. i dont want to change my code to run it with a csh shell. is there any way i can run the script (written in bash) on this machine? in other words is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH quoting behavior

The block below isn't a surprise:$ ls file1 file2 file3 $ x=* $ echo $x file1 file2 file3 $ echo '$x' $x $ echo "$x" * $But I found this block a bit bewildering:$ echo $x' >' * $I'm wondering why substitution wasn't performed on the $x, since it was unquoted (as far as I can tell).... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: na5m
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

BASH command not found strang behavior

Hi all I am relatively new to linux (specifically red hat). I have installed Fedora 13 on my machine and started playing with the terminal when i found a very strange behavior when typing a command that is not found: the terminal does not prompt me back. In other words, i am logged as root (or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abohmeed
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Different redirection behavior in BASH/Linux when run under cron vice login ???

run_xfs_fsr is a xfs filesystem maintenance script designed to run under cron. The system is a home theater personal computer running mythbuntu 10.10, and is accessed remotely for these tests. cron runs a script, (xfs_fsr.sh) at 02:30 that runs the subject script under BASH and sets the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keepitsimpleeng
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unexpected behavior bash, set -o vi, history -a, and HISTFILE

I am trying to get my history in sync in multiple bash sections and things aren't working the way I expect. Desired behavior, hitting esc-K in all bash sessions (same userid and machine) will use the same history. Observed behavior: Esc-k shows the history of the current session, rather than... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gg48gg
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Im new to bash scriping and i found this expression on a bash script what does this mean.

# check host value regex='^(||1|2|25)(\.(||1|2|25)){3}$' if ')" != "" ]; then if ]; then echo host $host not found exit 4 fi elif ]; then echo $host is an invalid host address exit 5 fi espeacailly the top regex part? ---------- Post updated at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous update was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kevin298
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bash : While Loop behavior

Good Morning I think there may be something I dont understand fully. The following code works well, but I dont like the set domen method. #!/bin/bash # domen="y" while do echo " M A I N - M E N U" echo "1. Contents of /etc/passwd" echo "2. List of users currently logged" echo... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

In Bash shell - the ps -ef shows only the /bin/bash but the script name is not displayed

In Bash shell - the ps -ef shows only the /bin/bash but the script name is not displayed ? Is there any way to get the script names for the process command ? --- Post updated at 08:39 AM --- in KSH (Korn Shell), my command output shows the script names but when run in the Bash Shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i4ismail
3 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)