Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Purge of Inactive Users with Zero Posts and Other Anti-spam Measures Post 303023541 by Neo on Wednesday 19th of September 2018 04:38:53 AM
Old 09-19-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
Would it make sense to check usernames for patterns (like the recent "125" suffix) before updating / deleting?
If you want to write many pattern matching SQL queries like that, "please go for it" ...

Most the "recent spammers" have already been purged based on other criteria.

Feel free to suggest any MySQL query you like.

Normally these queries should be "in pairs". One MySQL "select" query to test; and then a delete or update query to "do the deed".

I cannot emphasis this enough, and keep (unsuccessfully) encouraging the technical team here at UNIX.COM (who are all very capable and highly technical) to communicate ideas in the actual code (MySQL query for DB suggestions, CSS/HTML/jQuery/Javascript for web site suggestions, etc.)

Thanks

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to logout inactive users????

I would like to automatically logout from the system inactive users depending on their functions. For example there are users that I would like to logout after 15 minutes of inactivity, but there are others that I would like to logout after 30 minutes of inactivity. It's possible to do this??? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrivas
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List all inactive users who has not logged on since last 90 days

Hi, Can I get a script to list out all the users, who has not logged on since last 90 days. Last command in not working due due to /var/adm/wtmpx is more than 2 GB. Thanks in advance. Regards, Roni (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: manasranjanpand
10 Replies

3. Solaris

List all inactive users who has not logged on since last 90 days

I need actuall script which List all inactive users who has not logged on since last 90 days Thanks in advance. Di! (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: haridham
17 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting Inactive Solaris users

Hello, I want to do a search for users on my solaris boxes that have been inactive for a defined number of days and then delete them. Any ideas how to determine or calculate the number of days (possibly using the /var/adm/wtmpx file) from the user's last login to the current date of search. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prince2010
0 Replies
MYSQL_INSERT_ID(3)							 1							MYSQL_INSERT_ID(3)

mysql_insert_id - Get the ID generated in the last query

SYNOPSIS
Warning This extension is deprecated as of PHP 5.5.0, and will be removed in the future. Instead, the MySQLi or PDO_MySQL extension should be used. See also MySQL: choosing an API guide and related FAQ for more information. Alternatives to this function include: omysqli_insert_id(3) o PDO::lastInsertId int mysql_insert_id ([resource $link_identifier = NULL]) DESCRIPTION
Retrieves the ID generated for an AUTO_INCREMENT column by the previous query (usually INSERT). o $ link_identifier -The MySQL connection. If the link identifier is not specified, the last link opened by mysql_connect(3) is assumed. If no such link is found, it will try to create one as if mysql_connect(3) was called with no arguments. If no connection is found or established, an E_WARNING level error is generated. The ID generated for an AUTO_INCREMENT column by the previous query on success, 0 if the previous query does not generate an AUTO_INCRE- MENT value, or FALSE if no MySQL connection was established. Example #1 mysql_insert_id(3) example <?php $link = mysql_connect('localhost', 'mysql_user', 'mysql_password'); if (!$link) { die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error()); } mysql_select_db('mydb'); mysql_query("INSERT INTO mytable (product) values ('kossu')"); printf("Last inserted record has id %d ", mysql_insert_id()); ?> Caution mysql_insert_id(3) will convert the return type of the native MySQL C API function mysql_insert_id() to a type of long (named int in PHP). If your AUTO_INCREMENT column has a column type of BIGINT (64 bits) the conversion may result in an incorrect value. Instead, use the internal MySQL SQL function LAST_INSERT_ID() in an SQL query. For more information about PHP's maximum integer values, please see the integer documentation. Note Because mysql_insert_id(3) acts on the last performed query, be sure to call mysql_insert_id(3) immediately after the query that generates the value. Note The value of the MySQL SQL function LAST_INSERT_ID() always contains the most recently generated AUTO_INCREMENT value, and is not reset between queries. mysql_query(3), mysql_info(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQL_INSERT_ID(3)