Sponsored Content
Contact Us Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems Further to my query re: failed attempt to change email address on existing account Post 303023511 by irb on Tuesday 18th of September 2018 12:27:45 PM
Old 09-18-2018
Further to my query re: failed attempt to change email address on existing account

Neo
Thanks for your reply to my original post, entitled "Problem changing the email address associated with my unix.com account".
I am unable to reply to you in that thread, as I am unable to log-on to unix.com!
From what you said about purging dormant accounts, it is likely that my account belongs in that category.
I will create a new account, as you have suggested.
If it is feasible, could I ask you to delete my exiting account, please?
My username is 'irb'.
Thank you.
irb

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx- can we change the from address in the email that is sent out.

Hello, Is there anyway to change the from address in the email sent using mailx command? I have the following command: mailx -s $subject xxx@xxxx.com < $mail_mesg This defaults to the following format "acctname@usserver.companyname.com" as the from address in the email. Problem is this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

How to change the email from address?

Hi Friends, I am facing one issue with my hpux server. I used to send mail from the hpux server directly to the customer id. By default the from address includes the complete hostname(eg:- user1@hostname.domain.com). My domain name is registered, but this individual hostname is not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arumon
1 Replies

3. AIX

System email address change?

With a recent move to a new data center, the domain for our system emails have changed. We used automated emails with our daily process for informational and report sending. I edited the /etc/mail/sendmail.cf file where it had an entry pointing to the old mail server so I change this to our new... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

How to change sender email address in mail -s command

Just having trouble trying to figure out what the option is. When I do mail -s "Subject" someuser@example.com I can't seem to specify "from" or "sender" option as I need it for my task. I tried using --f or -f though it didn't work. Can someone please tell me what other option... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockf1bull
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write script to change email address

we have 4000 html pages that need an email address changed. eg) company@yahoo.com to company@hotmail.com we only want the file modified date to be changed when there has been a change to the file. Should I be using grep? I fairly new to UNIX and was told to using something like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mchelle_99
2 Replies

6. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Email address change issue

Hi Neo/Scott, I decided to change my email address in my details from my earlier one to the one I got with my VIP membership. After the change, I got a message that I'll receive an activation link at the new address to re-activate my account. I haven't got that link till now. Also, all my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elixir_sinari
3 Replies

7. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Restart old account, change email for account

Hi there, I may have had a typo in my email previously provided. I have doublechecked my email for Scott's reply but havent seen it, so I am creating a new post. My new email can be either one of these: <removed> or <removed> I beleive my old email was <removed by admin> thanks for your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AKelam_MagnusA
1 Replies

8. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Change email address

How can I change email address registered with my unix.com account (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
1 Replies

9. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Problem changing the email address associated with my UNIX.com account

Hello I have had an account for many years. I have attempted to change the email address associated with my account. After logging-in to unix.com and revising my email address, I received a 're-verification' email at that new address. The first link in that email took me to a page with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: irb
1 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Please Help Test the Forum Change Email Address Feature

Hi, I was just working on the new usercp and found that the "change your email address" function does not seem to work. In fact, it seems like it has never worked when I look at the code and the database. There seems to be some code missing from a decade ago, but I could be wrong. Could... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
9 Replies
userstat(1M)															      userstat(1M)

NAME
userstat - check status of local user accounts SYNOPSIS
[parm]... [parm]... DESCRIPTION
checks the status of local user accounts and reports abnormal conditions, such as account locks. If any parm arguments are specified, abnormal status is displayed only for those parameters, otherwise abnormal status is displayed for all parameters. The section describes the various parameter values that can be used for parm. Each account with an abnormal status is displayed on a single line. Each line contains the username followed by one or more parameters, indicating what abnormal conditions exist for the account. The section describes the various parameters that can be displayed. Options The following options are recognized: Display the status of all users listed in (Quiet) Do not print anything to standard output. This can be used when interested only in the return value. Check the status of only the specified user name. The user must be a local user listed in Parameters The parameters that could be displayed to indicate abnormal account status, or that could be used with the option, include the following: is displayed if an administrator lock is present on the account. This lock indicates that the encrypted password in or begins with An administrator lock can be set, for example, with is displayed if the account is locked because the account expiration date has been reached. days is the number of days that the account has been expired. See the description of the expiration field in shadow(4). is displayed if the account's password has expired. days is the number of days that the password has been expired. days is displayed only if its value can be determined. is displayed if the account is locked because there have been no logins to the account for a time interval that exceeds the maximum allowed. days is the number of days that the account has been inactive. See the description of the attribute in security(4). is displayed if the account is locked because the number of consecutive authentication failures exceeded the maximum allowed. num is the number of consecutive authentication failures. See the description of the attribute in security(4). is displayed if the account is locked because the account has a null password and is not allowed to have a null password. See the description of the attribute in security(4). is displayed if the account has a time-of-day login restriction. times defines the time periods that the user may login. See the description of the attribute in security(4). Security Restrictions Users invoking this command must have the authorization. See authadm(1M). is not supported for trusted systems. RETURN VALUE
exits with one of the following values: did not find abnormal status found abnormal status invalid usage or user not found EXAMPLES
The following example reports all abnormal status for all local accounts. The following example shows that the account for user is not locked due to too many consecutive authentication failures. FILES
standard password file shadow password file user database SEE ALSO
authadm(1M), passwd(4), security(4), shadow(4), userdb(4). userstat(1M)