Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Slow FFT in ksh93 and awk.
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Slow FFT in ksh93 and awk. Post 303023480 by wisecracker on Wednesday 19th of September 2018 01:19:42 AM
Old 09-19-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
Absolutely. I don't post code for people to not use it.

It's a kind of naive implementation though. Usually better to read values from stdin, but knowing how audioscope works I knew you'd need batches. That'd obscure how it really works a bit though. Maybe better as this, people can populate the arrays as they please.

It's not truly an FFT either, just a DFT -- which gives the same result but takes much more time to do so. Notice how it must do N*N loops for N input. FFT accomplishes the same with N log N loops.

Still, I hope it has its uses. And I'm grateful for you writing one in shell. That's the first DFT I've seen written in a language I really understand.
Yes it is technically a DFT but most people don't know what the difference is and FFT is what they know most, so I used that term. I will upload to AMINET as a DFT however.
And naive it is too, but I could stay with python and use the builtin import cmath version I have got to eliminate the 'scipy' and 'scipyIO' dependencies. I really didn't want to use python although my code works from Python 1.4.0 to the current 3.7.0.
Thanks a lot matey, will post the URL for you to see when I have uploaded it...
Bazza...

------ Post updated 19-09-18 at 06:19 AM ------

Hi Corona688...

Uploaded to the AMINET site at around 9:30pm UK local time last night, 18-09-2018.

At around 6:00am today 19-09-2018 UK local time it was added and has had 2 downloads, dls, already. It will be on show for 14 days and I expect at least 150 dls in that time.

Aminet - dev/gcc/DFT-FFT.awk.txt

Thanks a lot...

Bazza.

(Consider this thread wrapped up.)

I have no idea why it added my separate post to the end of this one...
This User Gave Thanks to wisecracker For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo is too slow. HELP with Awk

Hello All, Below is a simple script i worte to find the 208th char in a file. If the char = "C" then I re-direct the line to a file called change.txt. If it is not "C" then I re-direct it to a file called delete.txt. My problem is I have a file 0f 500K lines. this script is very slow. I am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eja
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh93 deprecation...

Any means of running ksh93 in a ksh88-mode? Might sound odd, but I want/need to restrict U/Win-developed scripts to correspond to the ksh88 version on my Solaris environment(s). Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: curleb
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh88 or ksh93

Hi all! Does anybody know how can I check if any UNIX installation has implemented ksh88 or ksh93? Thanks in advance. Néstor. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nestor
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

The builtin split function in AWK is too slow

I have a text file that contains 4 million lines, each line contains 2 fields(colon as field separator). as shown: 123:444,555,666,777,888,345 233:5444,555,666,777,888,345 623:454,585,664,773,888,345 ...... Here I have to split the second field(can be up to 40,000 fields) by comma into an... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevintse
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut, sed, awk too slow to retrieve line - other options?

Hi, I have a script that, basically, has two input files of this type: file1 key1=value1_1_1 key2=value1_2_1 key4=value1_4_1 ... file2 key2=value2_2_1 key2=value2_2_2 key3=value2_3_1 key4=value2_4_1 ... My files are 10k lines big each (approx). The keys are strings that don't... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fzd
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making a faster alternative to a slow awk command

Hi, I have a large number of input files with two columns of numbers. For example: 83 1453 99 3255 99 8482 99 7372 83 175 I only wish to retain lines where the numbers fullfil two requirements. E.g: =83 1000<=<=2000 To do this I use the following... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: s052866
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ksh93 on Linux compatible with ksh93 on AIX

Hi Experts, I have several shell scripts that have been developed on a Linux box for korn ksh93. If we want to run this software on an AIX 6.1 box that runs ksh88 by default can we just change the she-bang line to reference /bin/ksh93 which ships with AIX as its "enhanced shell" to ensure... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keith Turley
6 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

FFT for the AMIGA through ksh88 shell.

I don't know if anyone is interested but I have been meddling with FFT for the AMIGA. (Sadly we AMIGAns don't have these luxuries through any scripting language. Below is a Python snippet that uses the builtin 'cmath' module to work with the lowly Python 2.0.1 for the AMIGA. It is part of a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies

9. AIX

Ksh93/AIX compatibility

Hi everyone ! Im trying to know from wich version of AIX KSH93 is available ? Internet tell me 6.x and 7.x AIX are available, bue what about 5.x ? Is KSH93 available on AIX 5.x ? Is it the same way to manipulate variables as KSH93 on 7.x ? Thanks for your support and have a nice day ! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: majinfrede
2 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

FFT for Python 2.0.x to 3.7.0.

Hi guys... This is code that was originally designed to work on an upgraded AMIGA A1200 using Python 2.0.x. Unfortunately it broke inside much later versions, NOT because of the print statement/function but other minor subtleties. So this is the final result tested on various machines including... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies
POST-REVIEW(1)							   User Commands						    POST-REVIEW(1)

NAME
post-review - post/update reviews to Review Board SYNOPSIS
post-review [-pond] [-r review_id] [changenum] OPTIONS
Review Request Options -p, --publish publish the review request immediately after submitting -r ID, --review-request-id=ID existing review request ID to update --revision-range=REVISION_RANGE generate the diff for review based on given revision range Server Options --server=SERVER specify a different Review Board server to use --submit-as=USERNAME user name to be recorded as the author of the review request, instead of the logged in user --username=USERNAME user name to be supplied to the reviewboard server --password=PASSWORD password to be supplied to the reviewboard server Basic Options --version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -o, --open open a web browser to the review request page -n, --output-diff outputs a diff to the console and exits. Does not post Field Defaults Options --target-groups=TARGET_GROUPS names of the groups who will perform the review --target-people=TARGET_PEOPLE names of the people who will perform the review --summary=SUMMARY summary of the review --description=DESCRIPTION description of the review --description-file=DESCRIPTION_FILE text file containing a description of the review --testing-done=TESTING_DONE details of testing done --testing-done-file=TESTING_FILE text file containing details of testing done --branch=BRANCH affected branch --bugs-closed=BUGS_CLOSED list of bugs closed --change-only updates info from changelist, but does not upload a new diff (only available if your repository supports changesets) --tracking-branch=TRACKING Tracking branch from which your branch is derived (git only, defaults to origin/master) --p4-client=P4_CLIENT the Perforce client name that the review is in --p4-port=P4_PORT the Perforce servers IP address that the review is on -d, --debug display debug output --diff-filename=DIFF_FILENAME upload an existing diff file, instead of generating a new diff Git Options --guess-summary guess summary from the latest commit (git/hgsubversion only) --guess-description guess description based on commits on this branch (git/hgsubversion only) Git and Mercurial Options --parent=PARENT_BRANCH the parent branch this diff should be against (only available if your repository supports parent diffs) Subversion Options --repository-url=REPOSITORY_URL the url for a repository for creating a diff outside of a working copy (currently only supported by Subver- sion). Requires either --revision-rangeor --diff-filename options Perforce Options --diff-only uploads a new diff, but does not update info from changelist ClearCase Options --label=LABEL Specifies the label used for ClearCase. DESCRIPTION
post-review is intended to post a review from a local repository to the Review Board server, or update such an existing review. It works differently with different version-control systems. For CVS and Subversion, the review to post is the uncommited change in a working copy. With distributed VC systems (currently Git and Mercurial are supported), the review is a topic branch. Posting it is, technically, pushing it to the repository at the Review Board server. PerForce and ClearCase also seem to be supported but the author of this page fails to understand the details. Refer to undocumented(7) for more information on using them with this program. [A more detaild description can help] CONFIGURATION
post-review needs to be told of the address of the server to post to. This can come from several possible places: GIT property reviewboard.url For example, the following command will set a repository-specific property: git config --add reviewboard.url http://reviewboard.example.com Refer to git-config(1) for the full details. Subversion Property reviewboard:url The subversion property reviewboard:url may be set on the top-level directory. svn propset reviewboard:url http://reviewboard.example.com . Perforce Counters Rumour has it they exist and can even help in the configuration here. .reviewboardrc $HOME/.reviewboardrc The file .reviewboardrc can exist in either the top-level directory of the project or under the user's top-level directory. This file uses python syntax for assignments. It has two optionalmethods of defining the repository URL: REVIEWBOARD_URL A simple variable pointing to the server: REVIEWBOARD_URL = "http://reviewboard.example.com" TREES A directionary of subversion repositories to REVIEWBOARD_URL-s: TREES = { 'http://svn.example.com': { 'REVIEWBOARD_URL': 'http://rb.example.com', }, 'username@cvs.example.com:/cvsroot/cvs': { 'REVIEWBOARD_URL': 'http://rb.example.com', }, } EXAMPLES
post a new review from a working subversion copy: post-review This generates a new draft review. Refer to the "Field Defaults" options above to set non-empty values to some fields in the review. Alter- natively set them later through the web interface. Update that review, assuming its review number is 17: post-review -r 17 To post a review from a your GIT feature branch: git checkout -b new-feature main-branch emacs -f butterfly '.......' # or ed git commit post-review [That said, I can't really follow the documentation as to how post-review works on git/hg: how does it post the last diff only?] This does not create a new diff. Rather, it updates the existing one. In the following two examples, the review was not published. AUTHOR
post-review was written by Christian Hammond and David Trowbridge. This man page was written by Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen@xorcom.com>. SEE ALSO
On-Line Documentation <http://www.reviewboard.org/docs/manual/dev/users/tools/post-review/> post-review 0.8 March 2010 POST-REVIEW(1)