Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Installed Memory 32GB but shows only 16GB Post 303023406 by filosophizer on Saturday 15th of September 2018 02:48:58 PM
Old 09-15-2018
[solved]

Went through ASMI in standby mode

1) clear all the logs
2) Configured the deconfigured memory modules

Power off the machine completely

Power on the machine.
This User Gave Thanks to filosophizer For This Post:

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get amount of memory installed.

Hi! I'm not a UNIX fanatic but I like using it for the Oracle database since it's not stable in the Windows NT environment (what is?). Problem: Is there any command to show me the amount of installed physical-memory in the machine? Is there some other way to show the processes which uses... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elgholm
4 Replies

2. Solaris

T5220 How to determine physical memory installed?

Hi, looking to upgrade memory on a pair of T5220's from 32GB to 64GB. Cannot determine current DIMM size and slots used. i.e. not sure if Qty 16 x 2GB or Qty 8 x 4GB. If there are no empty slots, i need to go with higher density DIMMs and retire exsisting the 2GB prtdiag follows. #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edrew
3 Replies
unlockable_mem(5)						     OBSOLETE							 unlockable_mem(5)

NAME
unlockable_mem - OBSOLETE kernel tunable parameter DESCRIPTION
The tunable is obsolete and has been removed. Memory locking allows the privileged user to specify which pages need to remain in memory, and unaffected by the swap process. This fea- ture allows you to ensure that memory access times are unaffected by delays introduced by memory paging and swapping. For example, locking is a tool provided to privileged users on a system that is short on physical memory. Instead of having these privileged processes swap like the rest of the processes, they can lock portions of their address space. Once the pages are locked in for the privileged processes, they will no longer have to worry about memory contention. The unprivileged processes however, will have to compete for memory. provides you with a limiting factor on this privileged behavior, by setting the amount of memory which cannot be locked by user processes. WARNINGS
Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. Tunable Kernel Parameters unlockable_mem(5)