Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Installed Memory 32GB but shows only 16GB Post 303023269 by filosophizer on Thursday 13th of September 2018 02:48:18 PM
Old 09-13-2018
thanks Bakunin

but there is no profile for the whole VIOS machine, Virtual I/O Server
although it is very similar to HMC

Please see the screen shot below

PROPERTIES

MAIN DASHBOARD
Installed Memory 32GB but shows only 16GB-viospng
Installed Memory 32GB but shows only 16GB-vios_2png

Last edited by filosophizer; 09-13-2018 at 03:53 PM..

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get amount of memory installed.

Hi! I'm not a UNIX fanatic but I like using it for the Oracle database since it's not stable in the Windows NT environment (what is?). Problem: Is there any command to show me the amount of installed physical-memory in the machine? Is there some other way to show the processes which uses... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elgholm
4 Replies

2. Solaris

T5220 How to determine physical memory installed?

Hi, looking to upgrade memory on a pair of T5220's from 32GB to 64GB. Cannot determine current DIMM size and slots used. i.e. not sure if Qty 16 x 2GB or Qty 8 x 4GB. If there are no empty slots, i need to go with higher density DIMMs and retire exsisting the 2GB prtdiag follows. #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edrew
3 Replies
MEMORY_PRESSURE(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 					MEMORY_PRESSURE(1)

NAME
memory_pressure -- Tool to apply real or simulate memory pressure on the system. SYNOPSIS
memory_pressure [-l level] | [-p percent_free] | [-S -l level] OPTIONS
-l <level> Apply real or simulate memory pressure (if specified alongside simulate argument) on the system till low memory notifications cor- responding to <level> are generated. Supported values are "warn" and "critical". -p <percent_free> Allocate memory till the available memory in the system is <percent_free> of total memory. If the percentage of available memory to total memory on the system drops, the tool will free memory till either the desired percentage is achieved or it runs out of memory to free. -S Simulate memory pressure on the system by placing it artificially for <sleep_seconds> duration at the "warn" or "critical" level. -s <sleep_seconds> Duration to wait before allocating or freeing memory if applying real pressure. In case of simulating memory pressure, this is the duration the system will be maintained at an artifical memory level. DESCRIPTION
A tool to apply real or simulate memory pressure on the system SEE ALSO
vm_stat(1) Mac OS X Mar 7, 2013 Mac OS X