Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Slow FFT in ksh93 and awk.
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Slow FFT in ksh93 and awk. Post 303023171 by wisecracker on Wednesday 12th of September 2018 04:21:48 PM
Old 09-12-2018
Pure awk FFT.

Hi Corona688...

I just knew you would create a translation and get it working on awk. ;o)
You could remove the SIN_ANGLE and COS_ANGLE and put sin(ANGLE) and cos(ANGLE) directly into the two lines below them, eliminating two lines...

Thanks for the translation, I will see if I can eliminate the Python version in AudioScope.sh and attach your name to it...

Another thing is that there is no need to issue the imaginary values for this basic FFT. As long as the real values are actually, cropped or padded to power(s) of 2 then the imaginary values of 0.0 can be internally generated to the same array length as the real values, eliminating the IMAGSTR initialisation on the command line call.

But nice to see an awk version that I can steal... <wink>

Last edited by wisecracker; 09-14-2018 at 07:45 AM.. Reason: Add title...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo is too slow. HELP with Awk

Hello All, Below is a simple script i worte to find the 208th char in a file. If the char = "C" then I re-direct the line to a file called change.txt. If it is not "C" then I re-direct it to a file called delete.txt. My problem is I have a file 0f 500K lines. this script is very slow. I am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eja
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh93 deprecation...

Any means of running ksh93 in a ksh88-mode? Might sound odd, but I want/need to restrict U/Win-developed scripts to correspond to the ksh88 version on my Solaris environment(s). Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: curleb
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh88 or ksh93

Hi all! Does anybody know how can I check if any UNIX installation has implemented ksh88 or ksh93? Thanks in advance. Néstor. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nestor
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

The builtin split function in AWK is too slow

I have a text file that contains 4 million lines, each line contains 2 fields(colon as field separator). as shown: 123:444,555,666,777,888,345 233:5444,555,666,777,888,345 623:454,585,664,773,888,345 ...... Here I have to split the second field(can be up to 40,000 fields) by comma into an... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevintse
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut, sed, awk too slow to retrieve line - other options?

Hi, I have a script that, basically, has two input files of this type: file1 key1=value1_1_1 key2=value1_2_1 key4=value1_4_1 ... file2 key2=value2_2_1 key2=value2_2_2 key3=value2_3_1 key4=value2_4_1 ... My files are 10k lines big each (approx). The keys are strings that don't... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fzd
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making a faster alternative to a slow awk command

Hi, I have a large number of input files with two columns of numbers. For example: 83 1453 99 3255 99 8482 99 7372 83 175 I only wish to retain lines where the numbers fullfil two requirements. E.g: =83 1000<=<=2000 To do this I use the following... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: s052866
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ksh93 on Linux compatible with ksh93 on AIX

Hi Experts, I have several shell scripts that have been developed on a Linux box for korn ksh93. If we want to run this software on an AIX 6.1 box that runs ksh88 by default can we just change the she-bang line to reference /bin/ksh93 which ships with AIX as its "enhanced shell" to ensure... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keith Turley
6 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

FFT for the AMIGA through ksh88 shell.

I don't know if anyone is interested but I have been meddling with FFT for the AMIGA. (Sadly we AMIGAns don't have these luxuries through any scripting language. Below is a Python snippet that uses the builtin 'cmath' module to work with the lowly Python 2.0.1 for the AMIGA. It is part of a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies

9. AIX

Ksh93/AIX compatibility

Hi everyone ! Im trying to know from wich version of AIX KSH93 is available ? Internet tell me 6.x and 7.x AIX are available, bue what about 5.x ? Is KSH93 available on AIX 5.x ? Is it the same way to manipulate variables as KSH93 on 7.x ? Thanks for your support and have a nice day ! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: majinfrede
2 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

FFT for Python 2.0.x to 3.7.0.

Hi guys... This is code that was originally designed to work on an upgraded AMIGA A1200 using Python 2.0.x. Unfortunately it broke inside much later versions, NOT because of the print statement/function but other minor subtleties. So this is the final result tested on various machines including... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies
scalac(1)							   USER COMMANDS							 scalac(1)

NAME
scalac - Compiler for the Scala 2 language SYNOPSIS
scalac [ <options> ] <source files> PARAMETERS
<options> Command line options. See OPTIONS below. <source files> One or more source files to be compiled (such as MyClass.scala). OPTIONS
The compiler has a set of standard options that are supported on the current development environment and will be supported in future releases. An additional set of non-standard options are specific to the current virtual machine implementation and are subject to change in the future. Non-standard options begin with -X. Standard Options -g:{none,source,line,vars,notc} "none" generates no debugging info, "source" generates only the source file attribute, "line" generates source and line number information, "vars" generates source, line number and local variable information, "notc" generates all of the above and will not perform tail call optimization. -nowarn Generate no warnings -verbose Output messages about what the compiler is doing -deprecation Indicate whether source should be compiled with deprecation information; defaults to off (accepted values are: on, off, yes and no) Available since Scala version 2.2.1 -unchecked Enable detailed unchecked warnings Non variable type-arguments in type patterns are unchecked since they are eliminated by erasure Available since Scala version 2.3.0 -classpath <path> Specify where to find user class files (on Unix-based systems a colon-separated list of paths, on Windows-based systems, a semi- colon-separate list of paths). This does not override the built-in ("boot") search path. The default class path is the current directory. Setting the CLASSPATH variable or using the -classpath command-line option over- rides that default, so if you want to include the current directory in the search path, you must include "." in the new settings. -sourcepath <path> Specify where to find input source files. -bootclasspath <path> Override location of bootstrap class files (where to find the standard built-in classes, such as "scala.List"). -extdirs <dirs> Override location of installed extensions. -d <directory> Specify where to place generated class files. -encoding <encoding> Specify character encoding used by source files. The default value is platform-specific (Linux: "UTF8", Windows: "Cp1252"). Executing the following code in the Scala interpreter will return the default value on your system: scala> new java.io.InputStreamReader(System.in).getEncoding -target: <target> Specify which backend to use (jvm-1.5,msil). The default value is "jvm-1.5" (was "jvm-1.4" up to Scala version 2.6.1). -print Print program with all Scala-specific features removed -optimise Generates faster bytecode by applying optimisations to the program -explaintypes Explain type errors in more detail. -uniqid Print identifiers with unique names (debugging option). -version Print product version and exit. -help Print a synopsis of standard options. Advanced Options -Xassem <file> Name of the output assembly (only relevant with -target:msil) -Xassem-path <path> List of assemblies referenced by the program (only relevant with -target:msil) -Xcheck-null Emit warning on selection of nullable reference -Xdisable-assertions Generate no assertions and assumptions -Xexperimental enable experimental extensions -Xno-uescape Disable handling of u unicode escapes -Xplug-types Parse but ignore annotations in more locations -Xplugin: <file> Load a plugin from a file -Xplugin-disable: <plugin> Disable a plugin -Xplugin-list Print a synopsis of loaded plugins -Xplugin-opt: <plugin:opt> Pass an option to a plugin -Xplugin-require: <plugin> Abort unless a plugin is available -Xprint: <phases> Print out program after <phases> (see below). -Xprint-pos Print tree positions (as offsets) -Xprint-types Print tree types (debugging option). -Xprompt Display a prompt after each error (debugging option). -Xresident Compiler stays resident, files to compile are read from standard input. -Xshow-class <class> Show class info. -Xshow-object <object> Show object info. -Xshow-phases Print a synopsis of compiler phases. -Xsource-reader <classname> Specify a custom method for reading source files. -Xscript <object> Compile as a script, wrapping the code into object.main(). Compilation Phases initial initializing compiler parse parse source files namer create symbols analyze name and type analysis refcheck reference checking uncurry uncurry function types and applications lambdalift lambda lifter typesasvalues represent types as values addaccessors add accessors for constructor arguments explicitouterclasses make links from inner classes to enclosing one explicit addconstructors add explicit constructor for each class tailcall add tail-calls wholeprog perform whole program analysis addinterfaces add one interface per class expandmixins expand mixins by code copying boxing makes boxing explicit erasure type eraser icode generate icode codegen enable code generation terminal compilation terminated all matches all phases ENVIRONMENT
JAVACMD Specify the java command to be used for running the Scala code. Arguments may be specified as part of the environment variable; spaces, quotation marks, etc., will be passed directly to the shell for expansion. JAVA_HOME Specify JDK/JRE home directory. This directory is used to locate the java command unless JAVACMD variable set. JAVA_OPTS Specify the options to be passed to the java command defined by JAVACMD. With Java 1.5 (or newer) one may for example configure the memory usage of the JVM as follows: JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx512M -Xms16M -Xss16M" With GNU Java one may configure the memory usage of the GIJ as follows: JAVA_OPTS="--mx512m --ms16m" EXAMPLES
Compile a Scala program to the current directory scalac HelloWorld Compile a Scala program to the destination directory classes scalac -d classes HelloWorld.scala Compile a Scala program using a user-defined java command env JAVACMD=/usr/local/bin/cacao scalac -d classes HelloWorld.scala Compile all Scala files found in the source directory src to the destination directory classes scalac -d classes src/*.scala EXIT STATUS
scalac returns a zero exist status if it succeeds to compile the specified input files. Non zero is returned in case of failure. AUTHOR
Written by Martin Odersky and other members of the Scala team. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to http://lampsvn.epfl.ch/trac/scala. COPYRIGHT
This is open-source software, available to you under a BSD-like license. See accomponying "copyright" or "LICENSE" file for copying condi- tions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
fsc(1), sbaz(1), scala(1), scaladoc(1), scalap(1) version 0.4 April 18, 2007 scalac(1)