Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issue with condition "if then elif else fi" Post 303023126 by apmcd47 on Wednesday 12th of September 2018 09:16:12 AM
Old 09-12-2018
Which shell are you using? All the shells have slightly different syntaxes which means a solution for one may not work with another.

What system are you on? This may also make a difference to a solution for your problem.

Is this homework or coursework? There is a sub-forum for that.

Andrew

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

""Help Me!""Beginner awk learning issue

Hi All, I have just now started learning awk from the source - Awk - A Tutorial and Introduction - by Bruce Barnett and the bad part is that I am stuck on the very first example for running the awk script. The script is as - #!/bin/sh # Linux users have to change $8 to $9 awk ' BEGIN ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: csrohit
6 Replies

6. Solaris

The slices "usr", "opt", "tmp" disappeared!!! Help please.

The system don't boot. on the screen appears following: press enter to maintenance (or type CTRL-D to continue)...I checked with format command. ... the slices "0-root","1-swap","2-backup" exist. ...the slises "3-var","6-usr" -unassigned. :( (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
16 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
sgels.f(3)							      LAPACK								sgels.f(3)

NAME
sgels.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine sgels (TRANS, M, N, NRHS, A, LDA, B, LDB, WORK, LWORK, INFO) SGELS solves overdetermined or underdetermined systems for GE matrices Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine sgels (characterTRANS, integerM, integerN, integerNRHS, real, dimension( lda, * )A, integerLDA, real, dimension( ldb, * )B, integerLDB, real, dimension( * )WORK, integerLWORK, integerINFO) SGELS solves overdetermined or underdetermined systems for GE matrices Purpose: SGELS solves overdetermined or underdetermined real linear systems involving an M-by-N matrix A, or its transpose, using a QR or LQ factorization of A. It is assumed that A has full rank. The following options are provided: 1. If TRANS = 'N' and m >= n: find the least squares solution of an overdetermined system, i.e., solve the least squares problem minimize || B - A*X ||. 2. If TRANS = 'N' and m < n: find the minimum norm solution of an underdetermined system A * X = B. 3. If TRANS = 'T' and m >= n: find the minimum norm solution of an undetermined system A**T * X = B. 4. If TRANS = 'T' and m < n: find the least squares solution of an overdetermined system, i.e., solve the least squares problem minimize || B - A**T * X ||. Several right hand side vectors b and solution vectors x can be handled in a single call; they are stored as the columns of the M-by-NRHS right hand side matrix B and the N-by-NRHS solution matrix X. Parameters: TRANS TRANS is CHARACTER*1 = 'N': the linear system involves A; = 'T': the linear system involves A**T. M M is INTEGER The number of rows of the matrix A. M >= 0. N N is INTEGER The number of columns of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS NRHS is INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrices B and X. NRHS >=0. A A is REAL array, dimension (LDA,N) On entry, the M-by-N matrix A. On exit, if M >= N, A is overwritten by details of its QR factorization as returned by SGEQRF; if M < N, A is overwritten by details of its LQ factorization as returned by SGELQF. LDA LDA is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array A. LDA >= max(1,M). B B is REAL array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) On entry, the matrix B of right hand side vectors, stored columnwise; B is M-by-NRHS if TRANS = 'N', or N-by-NRHS if TRANS = 'T'. On exit, if INFO = 0, B is overwritten by the solution vectors, stored columnwise: if TRANS = 'N' and m >= n, rows 1 to n of B contain the least squares solution vectors; the residual sum of squares for the solution in each column is given by the sum of squares of elements N+1 to M in that column; if TRANS = 'N' and m < n, rows 1 to N of B contain the minimum norm solution vectors; if TRANS = 'T' and m >= n, rows 1 to M of B contain the minimum norm solution vectors; if TRANS = 'T' and m < n, rows 1 to M of B contain the least squares solution vectors; the residual sum of squares for the solution in each column is given by the sum of squares of elements M+1 to N in that column. LDB LDB is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= MAX(1,M,N). WORK WORK is REAL array, dimension (MAX(1,LWORK)) On exit, if INFO = 0, WORK(1) returns the optimal LWORK. LWORK LWORK is INTEGER The dimension of the array WORK. LWORK >= max( 1, MN + max( MN, NRHS ) ). For optimal performance, LWORK >= max( 1, MN + max( MN, NRHS )*NB ). where MN = min(M,N) and NB is the optimum block size. If LWORK = -1, then a workspace query is assumed; the routine only calculates the optimal size of the WORK array, returns this value as the first entry of the WORK array, and no error message related to LWORK is issued by XERBLA. INFO INFO is INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value > 0: if INFO = i, the i-th diagonal element of the triangular factor of A is zero, so that A does not have full rank; the least squares solution could not be computed. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: November 2011 Definition at line 183 of file sgels.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.1 Sun May 26 2013 sgels.f(3)