Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Changing Times at UNIX.COM
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Changing Times at UNIX.COM Post 303023093 by wisecracker on Tuesday 11th of September 2018 05:28:37 PM
Old 09-11-2018
Hi Neo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
I'm very grateful for the work you put in, Neo, and I wish I could join in helping, but my Web Development is non existing, be it JS, PHP, HTML, or CSS.
I am in the same boat as RudiC here. As I do not do any WWW related stuff I am not conversant with any of those languages; therefore I am unable to give help.

You have done sterling work on the site and look forwards to your future changes.
( Sterling definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary )
This User Gave Thanks to wisecracker For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing A Printer In Unix

We recently changed the ip address of one of our network printers. The unix box which connects to this printer no longer will print to it. Please can someone guide me as to how to use the unix system to either change the ip address that the box has for the printer or Re - add the printer with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pgamblin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing directory on Unix

Hi, Can you please help ? I work on SCO Unix Open server Rel. 5. User root on Unix can change/view/modify any files belonging to any user on a file system. Is there any way where I can prevent non-root users to change thier directories to other non-root users area. for eg. There are 2 users... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: taher_n
3 Replies

3. AIX

how would you know your server was rebooted 3 times or 5 times

Is there such location or command to know how many times did you reboot your server in that particular day?in AIX. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
3 Replies

4. Programming

Problem with implementing the times() function in C (struct tms times return zero/negative values)

Hello, i'm trying to implement the times() function and i'm programming in C. I'm using the "struct tms" structure which consists of the fields: The tms_utime structure member is the CPU time charged for the execution of user instructions of the calling process. The tms_stime structure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

UNIX.com response times

Friends, Admins, Countrymen, for a few days now, this site is incredibly dragging its feet again - 40 plus sec to open e.g. "New Topics" or "Home", 24 + for "subscribed Threads". For a comparison: subsecond response for wikipedia, Englisch ⇔ Deutsch Worterbuch - leo.org: Startseite, or similar.... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: RudiC
18 Replies
SAVECORE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       SAVECORE(8)

NAME
savecore - save a core dump of the operating system SYNOPSIS
savecore dirname [ system ] DESCRIPTION
Savecore is meant to be called at the end of the /etc/rc file. Its function is to save the core dump of the system (if one was made) and to write a reboot message in the shutdown log. It saves the core image in the file dirname/core.n and its corresponding namelist in dirname/unix.n. The second argument is the namelist for the system which made the core image; the current system is always assumed to be /unix. The trailing ".n" in the pathnames is replaced by a number which grows every time savecore is run in that directory. Before savecore writes out a core image, it reads a number from the file dirname/minfree. If there are fewer free blocks on the file sys- tem which contains dirname than the number obtained from the minfree file, the core dump is not done. If the minfree file does not exist, savecore always writes out the core file (assuming that a core dump was taken). Savecore also writes a reboot message in the shut down log. If the system crashed as a result of a panic, savecore records the panic string in the shut down log too. If savecore detects that the system time is wrong because of a crash (the time in the core image is after the current time), it will reset the system time to its best estimate of the time, which is the time in the core image plus the elapsed time since the reboot. It announces the time that it set when this occurs. FILES
/usr/adm/shutdownlogshutdown log /unix current UNIX BUGS
The method used to determine whether a dump is present, and to prevent the same core image from being saved multiple times, is not elegant. This information should be passed to init by the system; however, this is difficult because the system may have to be rebooted a second time if the root filesystem is patched. 3rd Berkeley Distribution SAVECORE(8)