Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Can't open nodes-6379.conf in order to acquire a lock: Permission denied Post 303023043 by nadeemrafikhan on Tuesday 11th of September 2018 02:17:55 AM
Old 09-11-2018
Thanks Aia it is resolved now after disable the selinux Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

./ Permission Denied.

Could someone tell me why I am getting a permission denied message when I attempt to run this on an out file? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: trouscaillon
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied

I would like to copy data from local mechine to cluster. Basically, I typed scp -r DVD/ acount@cluster:/ it shows Permission denied. Could anyone please give me a clue to write permission on cluster, please? The poperty of where on cluster I'd like to put is drwxr-xr-x Any idea would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: su_in99
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

EACCES "Permission denied" while open(2)

guest@ulidtko:~$ id uid=126(guest) gid=134(guest) groups=134(guest) guest@ulidtko:~$ ls -ld /home drwxr-xr-x 8 root root 4096 May 12 19:47 /home guest@ulidtko:~$ ls -l /home ls: cannot open directory /home: Permission denied guest@ulidtko:~$ cat /proc/mounts rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulidtko
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

open ttydev: Permission denied

Whenever I try to open xterm, below error loops in itself adroit:/home/seo/hitendra/.dt 32> xterm & open ttydev: Permission denied open ttydev: Permission denied open ttydev: Permission denied open ttydev: Permission denied .... .... .... This error sometime comes ,sometime not.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission denied

I created a user so that when he logs in he will be directed to a menu /etc/passwd user1:x:115:1:Support -SysAd:/export/home/user1:/export/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh However when I logged in remotely from another server by ssh user1@1.1.1.1 , it saysexport/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Testing privileges -lock lockfile /var/lock/subsys/..- Permission denied

Hi all, I have to test some user priviliges. The goal is to be sure that an unauthorized user can't restart some modules (ssh, mysql etc...). I'm trying to automate it with a shell script but in same cases I got the syslog broadcast message. Is there any way to simply get a return code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
3 Replies

7. Linux

/var/lock/subsys permission denied for root

Hello I have simple line of code here: FILE *lockfp = fopen("/var/lock/subsys/processName", "w"); which is denied even running as root. The result is locking failed for the following reason: Permission denied How is this possible? Why is this happening? Thanks for your... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: flagman5
4 Replies

8. Linux

Permission denied

I am using korn shell When I type in Telnet on cmd line, I get message "cannot execute" How can I get permission to execute command ? In which dir is telnet located ? I looked in /usr/bin dir. but its not there Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paramshamnani
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied

when i run echo "User” > /dev/tty5 why do i get permission denied? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinababy
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Permission denied

Trying to get date into the txt file. It says Permission denied. echo $(date +%I:%M:%S_%D) >> /tmp/systemd_suspend_test_err.txt exec 2>> /tmp/systemd_suspend_test_err.txt if ; then # Do the thing you want before suspend here echo "we are suspending $(date +%I:%M:%S_%D)." elif ;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
5 Replies
pthread_rwlock_unlock(3T)												 pthread_rwlock_unlock(3T)

NAME
pthread_rwlock_unlock() - unlock a read-write lock. SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
rwlock Pointer to the read-write lock to be unlocked. DESCRIPTION
The function is called by the owner to release the read-write lock referenced by rwlock. Results are undefined if the read-write lock rwlock is not held by the calling thread. If this function is called to release a read lock on the read-write lock rwlock and there are other read locks currently held on this read- write lock, the read-write lock shall remain in the read locked state but without the current thread as one of its owners. If this function releases the last read lock for this read-write lock, the object shall be put in the unlocked state with no owners. If this function is called to release a write lock on the read-write lock rwlock, the read-write lock shall be put in the unlocked state with no owners. If the call to the function results in the read-write lock becoming unlocked and there are threads waiting to acquire the read-write lock for writing, the scheduling policy is used to determine which thread shall acquire the read-write lock for writing. If there are threads waiting to acquire the read-write lock object for reading, the scheduling policy is used to determine the order in which the waiting threads shall acquire the read-write lock object for reading. If there are multiple threads blocked on rwlock for both read locks and write locks, it is unspecified whether the readers will acquire the lock first or whether a writer will acquire the lock first. Results are undefined if this function is called with an uninitialized read-write lock. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
For each of the following conditions, if the condition is detected, the function returns the corresponding error number: [EINVAL] The value specified by rwlock does not refer to an initialized read-write lock object. [EPERM] The current thread does not own the read-write lock. AUTHOR
was developed by X/Open. SEE ALSO
pthread_rwlock_init(3T), pthread_rwlock_destroy(3T), pthread_rwlock_rdlock(3T), pthread_rwlock_wrlock(3T), pthread_rwlock_tryrdlock(3T), pthread_rwlock_trywrlock(3T). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_rwlock_unlock(3T)