Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Segmentation fault while trying to recover file with extundelete Post 303022999 by milhan on Monday 10th of September 2018 10:10:32 AM
Old 09-10-2018
As far as I understand, Photorec tries to recover everything it can. It is telling me it needs another about 34 hours to complete. It has been nearly 6 hours since I started it already.

Last edited by milhan; 09-10-2018 at 03:22 PM.. Reason: correction

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation Fault

Hi, While comparing primary key data of two tables thr bteq script I am getting this Error. This script is a shell script. *** Error: The following error was encountered on the output file. Script.sh: 3043492 Segmentation fault(coredump) Please let me know how to get through it. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: monika
5 Replies

2. Programming

segmentation fault

Hi, I am having this segmentation fault not in the following program, bt. in my lab program . My lab program is horrible long so cannot post it here bt. I am using the following logic in my program which is giving the segmentation fault. Bt. if I run this sample program as it is it dosen't give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mind@work
3 Replies

3. Programming

segmentation fault

What is segmentation fault(core dumped) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokult
1 Replies

4. Programming

segmentation fault.

This code is causing a segmentation fault and I can't figure out why. I'm new to UNIX and I need to learn how to avoid this segmentation fault thing. Thank you so much. Thanks also for the great answers to my last post.:):b: int main() { mysqlpp::Connection conn(false); if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sepoto
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation fault

#include<stdio.h> #include<malloc.h> #include<unistd.h> #include<stdlib.h> void *start_1(void *argv) { printf("thread 0x%x\n",(unsigned int)pthread_self()); pthread_exit((void*)1); } void *start_2(void *argv) { printf("thread 0x%x\n",(unsigned int)pthread_self()); return (void*)2; }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vincent__tse
2 Replies

6. Programming

Using gdb, ignore beginning segmentation fault until reproduce environment segmentation fault

I use a binary name (ie polo) it gets some parameter , so for debugging normally i do this : i wrote script for watchdog my app (polo) and check every second if it's not running then start it , the problem is , if my app , remain in state of segmentation fault for a while (ie 15 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Segmentation fault

Hi Guys, I just installed and booted a zone called testzone. When I logged in remotely and tried changing to root user I get this error: "Segmentation fault" Can someone please help me resolve this? Thanks alot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies

8. Programming

Segmentation fault

I keep getting this fault on a lot of the codes I write, I'm not exactly sure why so I'd really appreciate it if someone could explain the idea to me. For example this code #include <stdio.h> main() { unsigned long a=0; unsigned long b=0; int z; { printf("Enter two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sizzler786
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count Segmentation fault and write to the file

Hi everyone Need to get version of npm application that have several output like this: root: nmp -version 10 root: nmp -version 10 root: nmp-new -version 3.1 root: nmp-old -version Segmentation fault count them , after that write to the file like this: 10 2 3.1 1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: indeed_1
1 Replies

10. Programming

C. To segmentation fault or not to segmentation fault, that is the question.

Oddities with gcc, 2.95.3 for the AMIGA and 4.2.1 for MY current OSX 10.14.1... I am creating a basic calculator for the AMIGA ADE *NIX emulator in C as it does not have one. Below are two very condensed snippets of which I have added the results inside the each code section. IMPORTANT!... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies
RECOVERDM(1)						      General Commands Manual						      RECOVERDM(1)

NAME
recoverdm - recover filesdisks with damaged sectors SYNOPSIS
recoverdm -t type -i filedevicein -o fileout [-l list] [-n retries] [-s speed] DESCRIPTION
recoverdm This program will help you recover disks with bad sectors. You can recover files as well complete devices. In case if finds sec- tors which simply cannot be recoverd, it writes an empty sector to the output file and continues. If you're recovering a CD or a DVD and the program cannot read the sector in "normal mode", then the program will try to read the sector in "RAW mode" (without error-checking etc.). This toolkit also has a utility called 'mergebad': mergebad merges multiple images into one. This can be useful when you have, for example, multiple CD's with the same data which are all damaged. In such case, you can then first use recoverdm to retrieve the data from the damaged CD's into image-files and then combine them into one image with mergebad. OPTIONS
-t type is 1 for files, 10 for floppy disks and 40 for IDE disks (try -h for a complete list) -i filedevicein is the device or file you want to recover. -o fileout is the file where to write to. This file should not already exists. -l list This file will contain the offsets of the bad blocks as well as the size of the bad blocks. This file can be used together with the image with the mergebad utility. -n retries Number of retries before going on with next sector, defaults to 6. -r RAW read Number of retries while reading in RAW mode before going on with next sector, default to 6. -s rotation speed Speed of the CD-ROMDVD, defaults to 1. -h Gives the help message. SEE ALSO
gddrescue(1), dd_rescue(1), testdisk(1), gpart(1) AUTHOR
Folkert van Heusden <flok@xs4all.nl>, Home page is <http://www.vanheusden.com/recoverdm/> recoverdm Version 0.19 RECOVERDM(1)