Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Segmentation fault while trying to recover file with extundelete Post 303022954 by Aia on Sunday 9th of September 2018 10:06:33 PM
Old 09-09-2018
A segmentation fault core dump is not due to user unfamiliarity. It is a program misbehavior outside the user control. In this case it appears that the extundelete utility has fallen out of maintenance and that it requires a version of e2fsprogs that is too old for up to day system.
Have you given a try to testdisk or Photorec?
This User Gave Thanks to Aia For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation Fault

Hi, While comparing primary key data of two tables thr bteq script I am getting this Error. This script is a shell script. *** Error: The following error was encountered on the output file. Script.sh: 3043492 Segmentation fault(coredump) Please let me know how to get through it. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: monika
5 Replies

2. Programming

segmentation fault

Hi, I am having this segmentation fault not in the following program, bt. in my lab program . My lab program is horrible long so cannot post it here bt. I am using the following logic in my program which is giving the segmentation fault. Bt. if I run this sample program as it is it dosen't give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mind@work
3 Replies

3. Programming

segmentation fault

What is segmentation fault(core dumped) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokult
1 Replies

4. Programming

segmentation fault.

This code is causing a segmentation fault and I can't figure out why. I'm new to UNIX and I need to learn how to avoid this segmentation fault thing. Thank you so much. Thanks also for the great answers to my last post.:):b: int main() { mysqlpp::Connection conn(false); if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sepoto
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation fault

#include<stdio.h> #include<malloc.h> #include<unistd.h> #include<stdlib.h> void *start_1(void *argv) { printf("thread 0x%x\n",(unsigned int)pthread_self()); pthread_exit((void*)1); } void *start_2(void *argv) { printf("thread 0x%x\n",(unsigned int)pthread_self()); return (void*)2; }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vincent__tse
2 Replies

6. Programming

Using gdb, ignore beginning segmentation fault until reproduce environment segmentation fault

I use a binary name (ie polo) it gets some parameter , so for debugging normally i do this : i wrote script for watchdog my app (polo) and check every second if it's not running then start it , the problem is , if my app , remain in state of segmentation fault for a while (ie 15 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Segmentation fault

Hi Guys, I just installed and booted a zone called testzone. When I logged in remotely and tried changing to root user I get this error: "Segmentation fault" Can someone please help me resolve this? Thanks alot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies

8. Programming

Segmentation fault

I keep getting this fault on a lot of the codes I write, I'm not exactly sure why so I'd really appreciate it if someone could explain the idea to me. For example this code #include <stdio.h> main() { unsigned long a=0; unsigned long b=0; int z; { printf("Enter two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sizzler786
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count Segmentation fault and write to the file

Hi everyone Need to get version of npm application that have several output like this: root: nmp -version 10 root: nmp -version 10 root: nmp-new -version 3.1 root: nmp-old -version Segmentation fault count them , after that write to the file like this: 10 2 3.1 1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: indeed_1
1 Replies

10. Programming

C. To segmentation fault or not to segmentation fault, that is the question.

Oddities with gcc, 2.95.3 for the AMIGA and 4.2.1 for MY current OSX 10.14.1... I am creating a basic calculator for the AMIGA ADE *NIX emulator in C as it does not have one. Below are two very condensed snippets of which I have added the results inside the each code section. IMPORTANT!... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies
GIT-HTTP-FETCH(1)						    Git Manual							 GIT-HTTP-FETCH(1)

NAME
git-http-fetch - Download from a remote git repository via HTTP SYNOPSIS
git http-fetch [-c] [-t] [-a] [-d] [-v] [-w filename] [--recover] [--stdin] <commit> <url> DESCRIPTION
Downloads a remote git repository via HTTP. NOTE: use of this command without -a is deprecated. The -a behaviour will become the default in a future release. OPTIONS
commit-id Either the hash or the filename under [URL]/refs/ to pull. -c Get the commit objects. -t Get trees associated with the commit objects. -a Get all the objects. -v Report what is downloaded. -w <filename> Writes the commit-id into the filename under $GIT_DIR/refs/<filename> on the local end after the transfer is complete. --stdin Instead of a commit id on the command line (which is not expected in this case), git http-fetch expects lines on stdin in the format <commit-id>[' '<filename-as-in--w>] --recover Verify that everything reachable from target is fetched. Used after an earlier fetch is interrupted. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-HTTP-FETCH(1)