Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find a text and if condition matches then replace it Post 303022945 by singhhe on Sunday 9th of September 2018 01:45:15 PM
Old 09-09-2018
Many Thanks! Works like a charm.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and replace text

test 100 abc test 134 bcd test 356 cdf test 831 dfg test 720 fgh Please advise how can I replace the abc, bcd....with ABC, BCD.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobo
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and replace text PLEASE HELP

Dear friends please help, I have a large data file with few hundred lines. A small example is shown below: datafile is a file with few hundred lines with the third column has many different character stings: test 100 abc test 134 bcd test 356 cdf test 831 dfg test 720 fgh I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find text but replace a text beside it

I have an html file that looks like this (this is just a part of the html file): <td colspan="3" rowspan="1" style="text-align: center; background-color: rgb(<!-- IDENTIFIER1 -->51, 255, 51);"><small><!-- IDENTIFIER2 -->UP</small></td> This is to automatically update the status of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: The One
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to find a string, check the next line, and if it matches certain criteria, replace it with a s

Hey Fellas. I am new to scripting. I have searched through the forums and found a lot of good info, but I can't seem to get any of it to work together. I am trying to find a particular sting in a file, and if the next string matches certain criteria, replace it with a string from a csv... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: midniteslice
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and add/replace text in text files

Hi. I would like to have experts help on below action. I have text files in which page nubmers exists in form like PAGE : 1 PAGE : 2 PAGE : 3 and so on there is other text too. I would like to know is it possible to check the last occurance of Page... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodhi1978
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace text inside XML file based on condition

Hi All, I want to change the name as SEQ_13 ie., <Property Name="Name">SEQ_13</Property> when the Stage Type is PxSequentialFile ie., <Property Name="StageType">PxSequentialFile</Property> :wall: Input.XML <Main> <Record Identifier="V0S13" Type="CustomStage" Readonly="0">... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmsekhar
3 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Find a line using a condition and replace a string in that line

Hello, I have a 100 line code. I have given a sample of it below: ABC*654654*1*54.54*21.2*87*1*654654654654 CCC*FS*FS*SFD*DSF GGG*FGH*CGB*FBDFG*FGDG ABC*654654*1*57.84*45.4*88*2*6546546545 CCC*WSF*SG*FGH*GHJ ADA*AF*SFG*DFGH*FGH*FGTH I need to select the line starting with "ABC" its... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithins007
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email if the condition matches

Hello everyone, I am trying to create function or script to send email from an address book file. Here is the file format i have, Susan:Miller:M:123 Main Street:Philadelphia:PA:17101:666-645-6666:Susan.Miller@gmail.com:07/12/1979 Robert:Langan:S:32 North Avenue:San... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: asistant
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script @ Find a key word and If the key word matches then replace next 7 lines only

Hi All, I have a XML file which is looks like as below. <<please see the attachment >> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <esites> <esite> <name>XXX.com</name> <storeId>10001</storeId> <module> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeev_hbk
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping only if condition matches

Dear Friends, I have a flat file which is as follows $cat sample 123,456,1,1,1,1 sdfas,345,1,1,1,1 dfgd,234,2,3,4,1 ggffgr,234,4,3,2,1 jkhu,354.1,1,1,1 $ I want to get output of only those lines which has '1' in 3 to 5 position. So I want output as follows 123,456,1,1,1,1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
8 Replies
AMSTATUS(8)						  System Administration Commands					       AMSTATUS(8)

NAME
amstatus - display the state of an Amanda run SYNOPSIS
amstatus [--file amdumpfile] [--summary] [--dumping] [--waitdumping] [--waittaper] [--dumpingtape] [--writingtape] [--finished] [--failed] [--estimate] [--gestimate] [--stats] [--locale-independent-date-format] [--config] config DESCRIPTION
Amstatus gives the current state of the Amanda run specified by the config configuration. If there is no active Amanda running, it summarizes the result of the last run. It may also be used to summarize the results of a previous run. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. OPTIONS
All options may be abbreviated to the shortest non-ambiguous sub-string. If no options are given, everything is displayed. [--config] config Specify the Amanda configuration you want to display the state for. --file amdumpfile Specify an alternate file instead of the amdump or amflush file. --summary Display a summary of the state of the run. --dumping Display all partitions that are dumping. --waitdumping|wdumping Display all partitions that are waiting to be dumped. --waittaper|wtaper Display all partitions dumped that are waiting to be written to tape. --dumpingtape|dtape Display all partitions that are dumping directly to tape. --writingtape|wtape Display all partitions that are writing to tape. --finished Display all partitions that are dumped and written to tape. --failed|error Display all partitions that failed. --estimate Display all partitions whose estimate is finished. Works only during the estimate phase. --gestimate|gettingestimate Display all partitions whose estimate is not finished. Works only during the estimate phase. --stats|statistics Display statistics about active-time of taper and dumpers. --locale-independent-date-format Output the date in a locale independent format. The format is the same executing: date +'%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S %Z' EXIT CODE
The exit code of amstatus is the ORed value of: 0 = success 1 = error 4 = a dle failed 8 = Don't know the status of a dle (RESULT_MISSING in the report) 16 = tape error or no more tape SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amcheck(8), amdump(8), amrestore(8), amadmin(8) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHOR
Stefan G. Weichinger <sgw@amanda.org> Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 AMSTATUS(8)