Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pssh open terminal?
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Pssh open terminal? Post 303022938 by MuntyScrunt on Sunday 9th of September 2018 11:48:59 AM
Old 09-09-2018
Pssh open terminal?

Hi folks.

I'm using pssh to run commands on a cluster, (pis/Raspian/Jessie) but I'm opening a app that runs and runs and runs. It's quite helpful to vnc to a machine to make sure it's still running ok now and then, but they're basically left alone.

Of course when pssh runs a command it doesn't normally open a window, it builds log files which is pretty useless for this particular use.

Is there a way to get pssh to open a terminal on each node then run the command in that terminal?

Many thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

open terminal to run cmd using shell script

i want the shell script to open the terminal and in that terminal i want to run a command specified in the script... how can it be done... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrabhushan
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How to open and arrange terminal windows automatically under CDE?

Hi, Is there a way to open and arrange terminal windows automatically under CDE? For example, I want to open and arrange terminal windows like this: |------------| | TW TW TW | | TW TW TW | | TW TW TW | |------------| Thank you in advanced! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to open a pdf file from terminal?

how to open a .pdf file from terminal not using gpdf I work on fedora 12 and default application assigned for viewing the pdf files is document-viewer (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Open Terminal Don't work

Hi, I installed solaris 10 x86 on my local system. it was working fine. today when i started the system, it started up without any problem. when i tried to open the terminal it didn't open any terminal. Plz help me (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
0 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

How to make a new terminal tab open in the same directory the current one?

I want to press "apple + T" to open a new terminal tab. This terminal tab must be in the same directory as the current one. Anyone knows how to do that? Thanks a lot! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andrewust
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to open terminal automatically.

hi, I am using red hat .I want that when ever the user login in GUI interface the terminal windows automatically open and then the user want to logout it 1st close the terminal and then login. There is a file in #ls -a i.e .bashrc and .bash_logout I does not know how to add my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mypass
0 Replies

7. Fedora

How to use terminal while keeping a program open?

hi all, I open Matlab program from terminal. However, when I go back to terminal I can't do anything in it , only until Matlab is closed. Can someone please advise me on how I can oversome this problem ? thanks peter (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter_071
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Alias to Open new terminal?

Hello everyone. I want to create an alias of vi, so that everytime I use vi to edit something, it will open up a new terminal session, with the vi file that I want to edit. So for example if I enter: sudo vi /etc/bashrc This will open up a brand new terminal window, with the /etc/bashrc file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

When trying to open file Message:-Terminal too wide?

Hi, I am trying to open small size file only in vi editor on solaris or Linux machine but it giving message "Terminal too wide" and then I have to come out. As shown below:- -rwxr-x--- 1 rkycadm rkycprd 2445 Sep 12 04:06 $ vi file.txt Terminal too wide :q! ----------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
2 Replies
win(1)                                                        General Commands Manual                                                       win(1)

NAME
win - Terminal emulator SYNOPSIS
win [-v] [-t name] [command [argument ...]] address OPTIONS
-v If the -v option is present, win prints its version number and date and exits. -tname If the -t option is present, win uses +name as the final part of the tag name of its window. DESCRIPTION
win must be able to connect to a running wily(1). win attaches to a window. If the -t option is present, the final part of the tag name is name. If command is present, the final part of the tag name is +command. Otherwise, the final part of the tag name is +win. The first part of the tag name is the current working directory. win runs a program in a child process. The child process is the leader of a process group and is connected to win by a pseudo-terminal. If command is specified, the child process runs $SHELL -c 'command argument ...' otherwise it runs $SHELL -i If SHELL is not found in the environment, /bin/sh is used. TERM=win is placed in the environment of the running program. Output from the running command appears in the window. The point after the last output from the running command is known as the output point. Further output from the running command appears just before the output point. The output point is initially at the end of the win- dow. Normal wily editing commands work in the window. When a newline, interrupt character, or end-of-file character is created after the output point, the text between the output point and the last newline, interrupt character, or end-of-file character in the window (inclusive) is passed to the running program as input. The interrupt character is control-C and the end-of-file character is control-D. The pseudo-terminal initially is configured so that these are recognized with their normal meanings. The B2 commands beginning with the |, <, or > characters or an upper case letter are executed normally by wily. Other B2 are first termi- nated with a newline, if they are not already, and are then appended to the buffer (and thereafter passed to the running program). RETURNS
win returns zero if it is able to successfully create the child process, otherwise it returns non-zero. EXAMPLES
Run a terminal emulator within wily win Run FTP within wily win ftp Run rlogin within wily win -t host.domain rlogin -8 host.domain SEE ALSO
wily(1) Tag(1) Man(1) BUGS
win doesn't follow changes to the terminal attributes. In particular, there is no way to stop echoing or to change its concept of the interrupt and eof characters. rlogin seems to need -8 and, annoyingly, sets echo and onlcr. The latter can be fixed in your .rcrc: if ( ~ $TERM win ) { stty -echo -onlcr } win doesn't follow changes to the terminal attributes. In particular, there is no way to stop echoing or to change its concept of the interrupt and eof characters. WEdestroy messages aren't yet passed by wily. Thus, Del and Delcol can delete the window yet leave win running. There is a race condition; the user can press newline and then delete text before win has a chance to read it. AUTHOR
win was originally written by Gary Capell (gary@cs.su.oz.au). Alan Watson (alan@oldp.nmsu.edu) rewrote it and added support for arguments, pseudo-terminals instead of pipes, and execution of certain B2 commands by wily. The pseudo-terminal support in 9term, written by Matty Farrow (matty@cs.su.oz.au), was a great help. 1R1.1L1 of 1D1 win(1)