Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting I want replace string <enclosure>&#x22;</enclosure> with <enclosure>&#x5e;</enclosure> in xml Post 303022924 by reddy12 on Sunday 9th of September 2018 10:24:15 AM
Old 09-09-2018
if i use this
Code:
sed i '' 's#<enclosure>&\#x22;</enclosure>#<enclosure>&\#x5e;</enclosure>#g' *.ktr

getting this error
Code:
sed: 1: "i": command i expects \ followed by text
ed i '' 's|<enclosure>&#x22;</enclosure>|<enclosure>&\#x5e;</enclosure>|g' *.ktr

also getting same error

Last edited by reddy12; 09-10-2018 at 01:07 AM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Building a NAS enclosure

Can anyone guide me on how to build my own NAS ? I have an old laptop that I want to convert into a NAS, but not use the laptop as such as an NAS because it has some problems. I would like to build a NAS like the ones available in market. I do not want to buy a NAS enclosure , but would like to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpraveen84
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find & Replace string in multiple files & folders using perl

find . -type f -name "*.sql" -print|xargs perl -i -pe 's/pattern/replaced/g' this is simple logic to find and replace in multiple files & folders Hope this helps. Thanks Zaheer (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaheer.mic
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP read large string & split in multidimensional arrays & assign fieldnames & write into MYSQL

Hi, I hope the title does not scare people to look into this thread but it describes roughly what I'm trying to do. I need a solution in PHP. I'm a programming beginner, so it might be that the approach to solve this, might be easier to solve with an other approach of someone else, so if you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace & with &amp; xml file

Hello All I have a xml file with many sets of records like this <mytag>mydata</mytag> <tag2>data&</tag2> also same file can be like this <mytag>mydata</mytag> <tag2>data&</tag2> <tag3>data2&amp;data3</tag3> Now i can grep & and replace with &amp; for whole file but it will replace all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokaish23
4 Replies

5. AIX

Find serial number of storage enclosure?

System: PowerPC_POWER6 OS: AIX 5.x I was told that a disk (hdisk 10) is bad. How can I find "the serial # of the storage enclosure" from command line? How do I find which disk is on which enclosure? Thank you in advance! :) ---------- Post updated at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous update... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
2 Replies

6. AIX

enclosure2 SRN 80210 SSA Enclosure

Hi all, How to view more info about this error message that i am keep on getting. Tried "errpt -a" but the output is huge. Thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)