Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Cut Over to New Data Center and Upgraded OS Done. :) Post 303022895 by Neo on Sunday 9th of September 2018 02:29:08 AM
Old 09-09-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aia
Originally, I asked you about the Cloud and unix.com based on the hero effort you have to do to move to another datacenter. You responded why not and that was it for me concerning the matter and I gave you thanks for responding me, I did not engage you any more about that response.
It's all good .....

Typing in messages about concepts tends to lead to different ideas and trains of thought.

I thought you were asking me if I considered moving to the cloud and why not, and then you responded to my "NO WAY" with some catchy, trendy phrase, which I responded to.

These kinds of discussions are good for everyone, because the best ideas always come from different points of view and back and forth discussions, as we all learn from each other.

Never hold back from posting your ideas, even when others may disagree, because these professional discussions are great for learning.

Of course, it's tricky sometimes when we are writing messages versus hanging out having seafood and cold beer; but that's also what makes it interesting too.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Cloud Enabling Computing for the Next Generation Data Center

Hear how the changing needs of massive scale-out computing is driving a transfomation in technology and learn how HP is supporting this new evolution of the web. More... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Need to set up a HP cluster system in a data center

What are the server requirements, Software requirements, Network requirements etc, Please help me.. as 'm new 'm unable to get things done @ my end alone. Please refrain from typing subjects completely in upper case letters to get more attention, ty. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sounddappan
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure rate of a node / Data center

Hi, Please, i have a history of the state of each node in my data center. an history about the failure of my cluster (UN: node up, DN: node down). Here is some lines of the history: 08:51:36 UN 127.0.0.1 08:51:36 UN 127.0.0.2 08:51:36 UN 127.0.0.3 08:53:50 DN 127.0.0.1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
6 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Resolved: Issue in Server Data Center

Dear All, There was a problem in the data center data, which caused the server to be unreachable for about an hour. Server logs show the server did not crash or go down. Hence, I assume there was a networking issue at the data center. Still waiting for final word on what happened. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

OUTAGE: Data Center Problem Resolved.

There was a problem with our data center today, creating a site outage (server unreachable). That problem has been resolved. Basically, it seems to have been a socially engineered denial-of-service attack against UNIX.com; which I stopped as soon as I found out what the problem was. Total... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
IKC::ClientLite(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      IKC::ClientLite(3pm)

NAME
POE::Component::IKC::ClientLite - Small client for IKC SYNOPSIS
use POE::Component::IKC::ClientLite; $poe=create_ikc_client(port=>1337); die POE::Component::IKC::ClientLite::error() unless $poe; $poe->post("Session/event", $param) or die $poe->error; # bad way of getting a return value my $foo=$poe->call("Session/other_event", $param) or die $poe->error; # better way of getting a return value my $ret=$poe->post_respond("Session/other_event", $param) or die $poe->error; # make sure connectin is aliave $poe->ping() or $poe->disconnect; DESCRIPTION
ClientLite is a small, pure-Perl IKC client implementation. It is very basic because it is intented to be used in places where POE wouldn't fit, like mod_perl. It handles automatic reconnection. When you post an event, ClientLite will try to send the packet over the wire. If this fails, it tries to reconnect. If it can't it returns an error. If it can, it will send he packet again. If *this* fails, well, tough luck. METHODS
create_ikc_client Creates a new PoCo::IKC::ClientLite object. Parameters are supposedly compatible with PoCo::IKC::Client, but unix sockets aren't handled yet... What's more, there are 3 additional parameters: block_size Size, in octets (8 bit bytes), of each block that is read from the socket at a time. Defaults to 65535. timeout Time, in seconds, that "call" and "post_respond" will wait for a response. Defaults to 30 seconds. connect_timeout Time, in seconds, to wait for a phase of the connection negotiation to complete. Defaults to "timeout". There are 4 phases of negotiation, so a the default "connect_timeout" of 30 seconds means it could potentialy take 2 minutes to connect. protocol Which IKC negociation protocol to use. The original protocol ("IKC") was synchronous and slow. The new protocol ("IKC0") sends all information at once. IKC0 will degrade gracefully to IKC, if the client and server don't match. Default is IKC0. connect $poe->connect or die $poe->error; Connects to the remote kernel if we aren't already. You can use this method to make sure that the connection is open before trying anything. Returns true if connection was successful, false if not. You can check "error" to see what the problem was. disconnect Disconnects from remote IKC server. error my $error=POE::Component::IKC::ClientLite::error(); $error=$poe->error(); Returns last error. Can be called as a object method, or as a global function. post $poe->post($specifier, $data); Posts the event specified by $specifier to the remote kernel. $data is any parameters you want to send along with the event. It will return 1 on success (ie, data could be sent... not that the event was received) and undef() if we couldn't connect or reconnect to remote kernel. post_respond my $ret=$poe->post_respond($specifier, $data); Posts the event specified by $specifier to the remote kernel. $data is any parameters you want to send along with the event. It waits until the remote kernel sends a message back and returns it's payload. Waiting timesout after whatever you value you gave to POE::Component::IKC::Client->spawn. Events on the far side have to be aware of post_respond. In particular, ARG0 is not $data as you would expect, but an arrayref that contains $data followed by a specifier that should be used to post back. sub my_event { my($kernel, $heap, $args)=@_[KERNEL, HEAP, ARG0]; my $p=$args->[0]; $heap->{rsvp}=$args->[1]; # .... do lotsa stuff here } # eventually, we are finished sub finished { my($kernel, $heap, $return)=@_[KERNEL, HEAP, ARG0]; $kernel->post(IKC=>'post', $heap->{rsvp}, $return); } responded my $ret = $poe->responded( $state ); my @ret = $poe->responded( $state ); Waits for $state from the remote kernel. $state must be a simple state name. Any requests from the remotre kernel for other states are rejected. A remote handler would respond by using the proxy sender. call my $ret=$poe->call($specifier, $data); This is the bad way to get information back from the a remote event. Follows the expected semantics from standard POE. It works better then post_respond, however, because it doesn't require you to change your interface or write a wrapper. ping unless($poe->ping) { # connection is down! connection is down! } Find out if we are still connected to the remote kernel. This method will NOT try to reconnect to the remote server name Returns our local name. This is what the remote kernel thinks we are called. I can't really say this is the local kernel name, because, well, this isn't really a kernel. But hey. AUTHOR
Philip Gwyn, <perl-ikc at pied.nu> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 1999-2011 by Philip Gwyn. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/language/misc/Artistic.html> SEE ALSO
POE, POE::Component::IKC perl v5.12.4 2011-08-27 IKC::ClientLite(3pm)