Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find a text and if condition matches then replace it Post 303022875 by Aia on Saturday 8th of September 2018 10:02:28 PM
Old 09-08-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by singhhe

Code:
perl -i -pe 'BEGIN{%id=(1=>2, 2=>3, 3=>4, 4=>1)} s/week(\d)off/week$id{$1}off/g' program.sh

What is program.sh here?
The place holder for whatever you script is named, the one you want to re-write.
This User Gave Thanks to Aia For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and replace text

test 100 abc test 134 bcd test 356 cdf test 831 dfg test 720 fgh Please advise how can I replace the abc, bcd....with ABC, BCD.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobo
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and replace text PLEASE HELP

Dear friends please help, I have a large data file with few hundred lines. A small example is shown below: datafile is a file with few hundred lines with the third column has many different character stings: test 100 abc test 134 bcd test 356 cdf test 831 dfg test 720 fgh I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find text but replace a text beside it

I have an html file that looks like this (this is just a part of the html file): <td colspan="3" rowspan="1" style="text-align: center; background-color: rgb(<!-- IDENTIFIER1 -->51, 255, 51);"><small><!-- IDENTIFIER2 -->UP</small></td> This is to automatically update the status of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: The One
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to find a string, check the next line, and if it matches certain criteria, replace it with a s

Hey Fellas. I am new to scripting. I have searched through the forums and found a lot of good info, but I can't seem to get any of it to work together. I am trying to find a particular sting in a file, and if the next string matches certain criteria, replace it with a string from a csv... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: midniteslice
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and add/replace text in text files

Hi. I would like to have experts help on below action. I have text files in which page nubmers exists in form like PAGE : 1 PAGE : 2 PAGE : 3 and so on there is other text too. I would like to know is it possible to check the last occurance of Page... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodhi1978
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace text inside XML file based on condition

Hi All, I want to change the name as SEQ_13 ie., <Property Name="Name">SEQ_13</Property> when the Stage Type is PxSequentialFile ie., <Property Name="StageType">PxSequentialFile</Property> :wall: Input.XML <Main> <Record Identifier="V0S13" Type="CustomStage" Readonly="0">... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmsekhar
3 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Find a line using a condition and replace a string in that line

Hello, I have a 100 line code. I have given a sample of it below: ABC*654654*1*54.54*21.2*87*1*654654654654 CCC*FS*FS*SFD*DSF GGG*FGH*CGB*FBDFG*FGDG ABC*654654*1*57.84*45.4*88*2*6546546545 CCC*WSF*SG*FGH*GHJ ADA*AF*SFG*DFGH*FGH*FGTH I need to select the line starting with "ABC" its... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithins007
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email if the condition matches

Hello everyone, I am trying to create function or script to send email from an address book file. Here is the file format i have, Susan:Miller:M:123 Main Street:Philadelphia:PA:17101:666-645-6666:Susan.Miller@gmail.com:07/12/1979 Robert:Langan:S:32 North Avenue:San... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: asistant
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script @ Find a key word and If the key word matches then replace next 7 lines only

Hi All, I have a XML file which is looks like as below. <<please see the attachment >> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <esites> <esite> <name>XXX.com</name> <storeId>10001</storeId> <module> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeev_hbk
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping only if condition matches

Dear Friends, I have a flat file which is as follows $cat sample 123,456,1,1,1,1 sdfas,345,1,1,1,1 dfgd,234,2,3,4,1 ggffgr,234,4,3,2,1 jkhu,354.1,1,1,1 $ I want to get output of only those lines which has '1' in 3 to 5 position. So I want output as follows 123,456,1,1,1,1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
8 Replies
WeekCalculator(3pm)					  LogReport's Lire Documentation				       WeekCalculator(3pm)

NAME
Lire::WeekCalculator - handle different weeknumbering schemes SYNOPSIS
use Lire::WeekCalculator; my $week_calc = new Lire::WeekCalculator(); my $week_no = $week_calc->week_number( $time ); DESCRIPTION
We support three values for LR_WEEK_NUMBERING: ISO (strftime's %V): week starts on monday; W (week starts on monday) and U (week starts on sunday). See strftime(1). CONSTRUCTOR
new( %params ) Creates a new week calculator. The style of week numbering is selected using the "style" parameter. If that parameter is omitted, it defaults to the style set in 'lr_week_numbering' configuration variable. style() Returns the week numbering style used. This will be either "U", "W" or "ISO". week_number( $time ) Returns the week number of $time according the current week numbering scheme. The week number returned is between 1 and 53. week_idx( $time ) Returns the week index of $time according to the week numbering scheme. The week index is Lire specific and is used to normalise computations between different scheme in regards of the first incomplete week of the year. In the ISO case, the week index is always equals to week_number() - 1, for the other style, the week index of the week 0 will be one less than the last week number of the previous year. last_week_of_year($year) Returns the week number of the last week in the year $year. week_start( $year, $week_no ) Returns the epoch time of the first day of week $week_no in year $year when calculated using current style. find_year_week1_start_date($year) Returns the date (epoch) at which the first day of the first week of the year $year starts. strformat() Returns a string that can be used as the format specificier in calls to strftime to print the week number of this style. strfdate() Emulates POSIX::strftime() but picks up the %V if the system strftime doesn't support it. Should be called whenever you use format strings that may contain week-of-the-year-codes. AUTHORS
Joost van Baal <joostvb@logreport.org>, Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org>, Wessel Dankers <wsl@logreport.org> VERSION
$Id: WeekCalculator.pm,v 1.16 2006/07/23 13:16:30 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This file is part of Lire. Lire is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 WeekCalculator(3pm)