Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Use ./*glob*
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Use ./*glob* Post 303022872 by drew77 on Saturday 8th of September 2018 08:26:05 PM
Old 09-08-2018
Thanks.

Ok, so I just preface ./ to any wildcard?

My file name has an underscore and no dash.

------ Post updated at 07:26 PM ------

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl IO vs GLOB symbols

Hi, Can someone please clarify how we are able to use both IO and GLOB symbols of a package variable interchangeably? Please consider the following code: open(FH,"myfile") || die "Unable to open file myfile:$@"; my $glob_var = *main::FH{GLOB}; my $io_var = *main::FH{IO}; print $glob_var... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasan_85
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

glob not matching all files in perl

I encountered a weird issue with globbing in perl not returning all files, while I was testing out a script for recursive dir-processing on my Synology NAS. Basically it didn't show (/match?) all the files in a specific directory. If I move the file to a different directory or even rename it, it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: odyssey
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract only decimal numbers for a glob of text

If you have a look at this thread, you'll see that users have been posting the output a script which are numbers that range from 2 to 5 decimal places. If I dump this entire thread to txt file, how can I: 1) Delete everything except for numbers of the following formats (where 'x' is a digit and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: graysky
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python - glob () - How to grep same files with different extension files

Hi I Have a directory and i have some files below abc.txt abc.gif gtee.txt ghod.pid umni.log unmi.tar How can use glob function to grep abc files , i have created a variable "text" and i assigned value as "abc", please suggest me how can we use glob.glob( ) to get the output as below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using glob() in python script in Linux

Hi I need some suggestion on glob function. I am trying to write a python program to grep some specific files in a particular directory. In the directory i have some files like below abc.log abc.pid abc.tar gadd.tar gat.log gat.tar in this directory i need to grep onlu my hostname files,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with user input including * (glob) and sed

Hello All, I have created a script that searches for different things and "sanitizes" the findings from files. Currently the user is required to put in a hostname (server.serverfarm.abc) one at a time to replace. I would like the user be able to use *.*.abc in grep and then pipe into sed to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jvezinat
1 Replies
GCHEM3D(1)						       gnome-chemistry-utils							GCHEM3D(1)

NAME
gchem3d - a small chemical viewer application SYNOPSIS
gchem3d [OPTION(S)...] [FILE...] DESCRIPTION
gchem3d is a small chemical viewer application, which can show several chemical file formats. OPTIONS
The following options are accepted: -b COLOR, --bgcolor=COLOR Use the given color as background color. COLOR can be one of "black" (default), "white", "#rrggbb" (don't forget to escape the "#" character in the shell). -d MODEL, --display3d=MODEL Choose how molecules are displayed. MODEL can be one of "BallnStick" (default), "SpaceFill". -?, --help Show application help options. --help-all, --help-* Print all or just a group of help options. These options are not documented here. Instead see gtk-options(7) and gnome-options(7). -v, --version Print gchem3d version information. SEE ALSO
gnome-options(7), gtk-options(7) AUTHORS
Jean Brefort <jean.brefort@normalesup.org> Program author. Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert@wgdd.de> Manpage author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2007 Jean Brefort Copyright (C) 2004-2007 Daniel Leidert Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. gcu 0.12 $Date: 2009-03-19 10:53:47 +0100 (jeu. 19 mars 2009) $ GCHEM3D(1)