Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Cut Over to New Data Center and Upgraded OS Done. :) Post 303022863 by Aia on Saturday 8th of September 2018 05:13:26 PM
Old 09-08-2018
It is all about Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment. (CI/CD) If a customer does not see value on it, it might not be able to appreciate what the Cloud does bring, in general, whether a private one or a public one. Personally, I like engineering private cloud using as the base OpenStack and I have even done it using VMWare with VRA and VRO but ultimately the customer must understand the benefit of Infrastructure as Code and the safety that it produces by building confidence with testing and reproducible results.

Last edited by Aia; 09-08-2018 at 06:25 PM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Cloud Enabling Computing for the Next Generation Data Center

Hear how the changing needs of massive scale-out computing is driving a transfomation in technology and learn how HP is supporting this new evolution of the web. More... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Need to set up a HP cluster system in a data center

What are the server requirements, Software requirements, Network requirements etc, Please help me.. as 'm new 'm unable to get things done @ my end alone. Please refrain from typing subjects completely in upper case letters to get more attention, ty. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sounddappan
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure rate of a node / Data center

Hi, Please, i have a history of the state of each node in my data center. an history about the failure of my cluster (UN: node up, DN: node down). Here is some lines of the history: 08:51:36 UN 127.0.0.1 08:51:36 UN 127.0.0.2 08:51:36 UN 127.0.0.3 08:53:50 DN 127.0.0.1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
6 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Resolved: Issue in Server Data Center

Dear All, There was a problem in the data center data, which caused the server to be unreachable for about an hour. Server logs show the server did not crash or go down. Hence, I assume there was a networking issue at the data center. Still waiting for final word on what happened. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

OUTAGE: Data Center Problem Resolved.

There was a problem with our data center today, creating a site outage (server unreachable). That problem has been resolved. Basically, it seems to have been a socially engineered denial-of-service attack against UNIX.com; which I stopped as soon as I found out what the problem was. Total... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
STRCTLSZ(5)							File Formats Manual						       STRCTLSZ(5)

NAME
STRCTLSZ - maximum size of streams message control (bytes) VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values Recommended values DESCRIPTION
limits the maximum number of bytes of control data that can be inserted by in the control portion of any streams message on the system. If the tunable is set to zero, there is no limit on how many bytes can be placed in the control segment of the message. returns if the buffer being sent is larger than the current value of Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Any customer. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect at next reboot. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Raised? The tunable should be increased by any customer if the customer's STREAMS module/driver(s) require more bytes in the control portion of any streams message than the current value. What Are the Side Effects of Raising the Value of This Tunable? The kernel will use more memory. During low memory situations, it may bring down system performance due to frequent swapping. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Lowered? The tunable could be lowered by any customer if the customer's STREAMS module/driver(s) do not require a longer message size in the control portion than the current value. What Are the Side Effects of Lowering the Value of This Tunable? Possible improper functioning in any of the STREAMS module/driver(s). Possible performance degradation, particularly in networking. What Other Tunable Should Be Changed at the Same Time as This One? None. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. Tunable Kernel Parameters STRCTLSZ(5)