Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert content of file to HTML Post 303022855 by Aia on Saturday 8th of September 2018 03:00:13 PM
Old 09-08-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by indeed_1
Hi
I have file like this:

Code:
jack black 104
daniel nick 75
lily harm 2
albert 5

and need to convert it into the html table like this:

Code:
NO.......name....family..... id
1...........jack.....black.....104
2..........daniel....nick.......75
3..........albert.................5

You need to normalize the data first. Since line 3 contains only two fields instead of three, how can we know that albert is not supposed to be under column family or that 5 is not column family? You have to give us some criteria to normalize first.

An example for a criteria could be:
If a line contains only two fields the empty field correspond to the family column.

However, that could have the side effect that if a line has
Code:
daniel nick

The rule will make it
Code:
NO.......name....family..... id
0.......daniel........nick

Last edited by Aia; 09-08-2018 at 04:15 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to convert Flat file to HTML

Hello I need help to convert flat file data to HTML Table format. I am generating everyday Flat file and want to convert into HTML Table format. The format of my file is: version host Total YRS NO APPS PSD 10 Sun 30 2 4 6 7 and flat... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: getdpg
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert a html file to an .xml one

Hii every one. I have lots of .html files like: <html> <title> </title> <head> </head> <body> <ul id="SummaryRatings">4 stars </ul> <ul id="summaryList"> <p><b> Aurhor</b> </p> <p>wsfwfrfrtgretryetyrtyty</p> </ul> ...... ....... </body> </html> (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kheyali Mitra
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

convert csv to html file

Hi All, I am new to this forum,not sure where to post this query...so posted here Kindly need any of your help on the below ------------ I am using shell scripting and trying to convert a csv file to html file... example.csv --------------- Name Country Age Sex Andy India 25 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumithra
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to convert text file to html table using perl

Hi, I have a text file say file1 having data like ABC c:/hm/new1 Dir DEF d:/ner/d sd ...... So i want to make a table from this text file, is it possible to do it using perl. Thanks in advance Sarbjit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to convert CSV file to HTML

Hi, I have made a a script which creates a csv file as daily database report However i want to covert that csv file to html because csv file does not have a good visibilty. So it is possible to have such csv to html coversion script. Your prompt help much appreciated. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to convert csv file to html with good visibility

Hi, I have Below script which converts csv file to html succesfully.but the visiblity is simple in black n white. I want to have better visibilty of each columns in different colours(like green).As it is a Database report suppose some tablespace available space is less than 20% then it should... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to convert output.txt into html file

I have output.txt file generated through shell scripts which need convert in tabular format using html can you please help me output.txt Token State Date1 Date2 Description Name 34567 open 27/06/13 28/06/13 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay_rajni
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert text file to HTML tabular format.

Please provide script/commands to convert text file to HTML tabular format. No need of styles and colours, just output and a heading in table is required. Output file will be send via email and will be seen from outlook. (script required without using awk). output file content: (sar... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veera_V
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert Txt file to HTML table and email

Hi all I need help converting a text file into a html table in bash and I need to email this table. The text file looks like the below. Two columns with multiple rows. Top row being header. Application Name Application Status Application 1 Open Application 2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitmanjd
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Copy the content from txt file and create a html file

I have a txt file with a list of error messages in a xml tag format, and each error message is separated with a identifier(endresult).Need to split that and copy and create a new html file.Error message has some special character. how to escape the special character and insert my data into the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevAakash
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)